Advice on a new racket - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
country flag dRaGGin loW

dRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice on a new racket

Alright so. It's time for me to get a new racket. I've been using a cheapo Wilson racket I've had for awhile now. I've been reading reviews and looking at the stats on a few rackets and 2 caught my eye.

The first is the Dunlop Aerogel 6Hundred. I like the control rating and it has decent power.

Next up is the Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex. From the reviews I've seen it has great control and power but serving seems troublesome for some.

I'm an average player I'd say. I can serve fine if I'm not putting a bunch of power into it. my forehand and backhand are good. I can hit the ball crosscourt and down the line if needed. I can do swings from my baseline and drop the ball on the opponent's baseline also.

I dont know what info is needed to help determine what would be a good racket for me. Also I am very open to suggestions on a racket.
dRaGGin loW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
country flag w4tt4n4b3

w4tt4n4b3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Advice on a new racket

I am quite a beginner so I do not think I am in position to give to anyone any advice. But I think I can share any useful information I came across looking for racquets and tennis equipment.
So take a look here.
I found there that there is a formula to evaluate the quality of a racquet. The formula goes like this M*r^2/I. M= the racquet mass (they mean the weight of a strung racquet in kilogramms), r= is the balance meaning the distance in cm between the butt of the racquet and the balance point and I= the swingweight.

So if the mass of the racquet is 300 grams it means 0.320kgs, the balance of the racquet is 30.5cm and the swingweight is 305grams you should get the following calculation

[0.320*(30.5*30.5)]/305=0.9706
Any figure below 1.10 means the racquet is good. Above 1.18 is bad and I guess 1.10-1.18 it is mediocre.
w4tt4n4b3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
country flag dRaGGin loW

dRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the information I'll start doing some calculations on these when I get home alittle later tonight!
dRaGGin loW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:16 AM   #4
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to try either the aerogel 700, or if you like open string patterns in order to get more spin, the aerogel 500. Dunlop kicks a**
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
country flag mojoo999

mojoo999 is on a distinguished road

take a look at this http://www.wilsonracquet.net/buying-...racquet-guide/ hope this helps.

Last edited by mojoo999 : 09-26-2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: bad link
mojoo999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote