Indoor Season 2008 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #46
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indoor Season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
and he doesn't play double
Mahut wanted to play with him, but Arnaud refused it saying he's too tired or something like that
Quote:
They won 5-7/6-3/10-8
Great news

Rehnquist is beatable

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #47
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

congrats! it's their first title this season

but... already tired and looking forward to year end holiday has he won that many matches lately? those aging bones lol
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #48
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Pity and apparently Nico didn't find an other partner. But I really think the old Arnaud is tired . All along the week he said it in the audio and Micka worked doubly to compensate. He needs a lot of time to recover of injuries now.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #49
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I only find this pic on the ATP website http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/doubles/

Nothing important in the audio almost the same than in the ATP report.
If I was Nolwenn I would've jumped in between...they look like they're in love with eachother
Old 10-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #50
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Easy win 6-2 / 6-1

First set : an easy start with two love games and after a tough service game with 2 BP saved followed by an other break he was 5-1 on serve. Rehnquist earned one break back but Arnaud concluded the set on the following game.

Second set : Exactly the same scenario Arnaud breaks to lead 3-0; 4-1 and 5-1 but there concluded on his serve.

Well, the good news is that he can always beat a weak opponent Nieminen tomorrow

From Yahoo

Last edited by soulage : 10-08-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #51
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Easy win 6-2 / 6-1

Quote:
Pity and apparently Nico didn't find an other partner.
Not really. Mahut was more like "Ok, I didn't want to play so much anyway" as he also was not too fresh after travelling a lot and playing many matches lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
but... already tired and looking forward to year end holiday has he won that many matches lately? those aging bones lol
Quote:
But I really think the old Arnaud is tired . All along the week he said it in the audio and Micka worked doubly to compensate. He needs a lot of time to recover of injuries now.
Nah I wish I could look like him when I'm tired I saw those ageing bones in action on Monday - when this poor exhausted guy just arrived to the club after Metz final. He was rushing around like a meteor, never steady, always bouncing here and there. He needed to manage some issues at the info desk, it took him about 10 minutes, and every single second he was into something: turning to the left and to the right to chat to someone or shake hands, slapping somebody on the back, standing on tiptoe to see what's going on at the desk as he was the shortest guy over there etc.

Yesterday:

(Grand merci to Olivier Soulès for the help )

Nicolas Devilder

Old 10-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #52
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
Nah I wish I could look like him when I'm tired I saw those ageing bones in action on Monday - when this poor exhausted guy just arrived to the club after Metz final. He was rushing around like a meteor, never steady, always bouncing here and there. He needed to manage some issues at the info desk, it took him about 10 minutes, and every single second he was into something: turning to the left and to the right to chat to someone or shake hands, slapping somebody on the back, standing on tiptoe to see what's going on at the desk as he was the shortest guy over there etc.
He's an hyperactive guy

Thank's for this nice pic
Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #53
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

ahh merci merci merci Irina !!!
So you met a Lacoste's model, great !

Yes he's been hyperactive for his childhood, remember passing potes...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #54
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

irina you're in stockholm ??

hope you're having a great time! (needless to say) but why aren't you in moscow (not the city but for the players, i mean )
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #55
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Because she hates Moscow and loves Stockolm... maybe

Guy Forget
Old 10-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #56
country flag soulage

He lost 4-6/7-6(5)/2-6 after 2:47h on court

Nieminen is not Renhquist so of course it was more tough especially with a not very efficent serve and wasted break points

1st set : no BP occasion for Arnaud and the traditionnal shock at 4-4 (broken by love).

2set : Arnaud breaks at 2-1 and leads 4-1 and 5-2. He misses a set point on Nieminem serve and the following game Jarkko debreaks on his first break point of the set. 5-5. Arnaud misses again 2 set points on Jarkko serve but wins finally the tie break

I stopped to follow after the second set but with stats we can see that Arnaud missed also all his BP opportunities in third

It was winable for sure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l3435783.jpg (15.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #57
country flag Marine

Winable but minable au finish... lol

Some pics (very bad quality) of the open de moselle, during the ceremony after the match.
http://picasaweb.google.fr/langladeb...anche5Octobre#

Guy Forget
Old 10-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #58
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
As all along this season He no more wins close match. All the struggles have the same conclusion

I think he had saved his direct entry in Australian Open but he can maybe be out of the Top 100 at the end of season.

For Madrid he's 6# on alternate Qualification list for the moment so not sure to play. Does he will prefer to prepare Lyon where he's not sure to enter either ?

Quote:
Some pics (very bad quality) of the open de moselle, during the ceremony after the match.
http://picasaweb.google.fr/langladeb...anche5Octobre#
It seems that daddy Clement was also there to cheer them and even a dog
Old 10-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #59
country flag Hangdog

Quote:
ahh merci merci merci Irina !!!
So you met a Lacoste's model, great !

Yes he's been hyperactive for his childhood, remember passing potes...
Yeah, so it's mostly merci to the Lacoste's model for stopping his eternal run and giving me a few minutes of his time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
irina you're in stockholm ??

hope you're having a great time! (needless to say) but why aren't you in moscow (not the city but for the players, i mean )
I was and I had, thanks I left my paradise on Tuesday afternoon.

Well, I just go to Stockholm for a few days every October, it has nothing to do with tennis - but since I anyway had some things to do near the tennis club I thought to come in and then I had an unreal luck to meet Arnaud.
As for Moscow, I had a lot of good luck regarding its players, too, but that's another story lol
Quote:
Because she hates Moscow and loves Stockolm... maybe
No "maybe"
Quote:
He lost 4-6/7-6(5)/2-6 after 2:47h on court

Nieminen is not Renhquist so of course it was more tough especially with a not very efficent serve and wasted break points
That's a pity but Nieminen was a too tough opponent for the second round, I believe this guy has pretty good chances to win the whole tournament.

As for the serve and wasted break points, I believe it's also the matter of the court. I don't know what's wrong with its surface, but almost everyone maybe except the local players (and I think Nieminen is also a sort of a local player) had a lot of problems with their serve. Then there is also the light problem. It's really dark on court, for those matches played before 5 PM it's more or less fine because there is additional light coming from windows, but the evening matches are being played in pretty bad light conditions. So no wonder Arnaud had to wear his glasses.

As for the rest, he seemed to be just fine and happy with everything. He believes he's in a good form (), the injury doesn't bother him at all and so everything is almost perfect regarding his health. Coach absence also doesn't seem to bother him any much, he's going to care about it during the off-season or maybe in the beginning of the next year.

Nicolas Devilder

Old 10-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #60
country flag barbottin

barbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond reputebarbottin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Some pics (very bad quality) of the open de moselle, during the ceremony after the match. http://picasaweb.google.fr/langladeb...anche5Octobre#
Is it just my imagination or the girl with the dog looks like...Camille ?
barbottin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote