Jason Kubler Cheering Thread - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #406
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jason Kubler Cheering Thread

yeah please, stay here with us jason =)

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #407
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

kubler withdrew??? dumb and dumber didn't come here and complain like in the tomic thread. what a double standard!
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:05 AM   #408
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing to really to debate about the Tomic issue. He provided a medical document stating he was sick. He has gone through all the correct procedures in withdrawing and if he was faking then he isn't the first one and certainly won't be the last one. It's silly anyway that they make players like Tomic play even though they are practically certain to get a discretionary wildcard. Even more so because it is a knockout tournament this year. What happens if for example he had defeated Luczak in the quarters in a very close match but then steamrolled the rest of the competition. It would be very unfair on Luczak considering that he would have been a huge hope of getting the wildcard if he hadn't been knocked out by a guy who is going to get a wildcard anyway.

Back on Kubler the National Academy at Brisbane said in a twitter update that he will be alright so I'm guessing it isn't anything too serious.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:09 AM   #409
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanos - No debate on Kubler because he sustained the injury playing against Groth in the final of the AMT event on Sunday. He was out there playing a match for all to see.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:34 AM   #410
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info jmf, good to hear it's nothing too serious. It will be interesting to see what WCs he will receive over the Australian summer.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #411
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
TEENAGE tennis star Jason Kubler should learn this week whether he has earned a wildcard to the opening tournament of 2011.

The 17-year-old from Mango Hill has done his chances no harm with his performances on the court, not to mention a quiet word and then a more public pitch to Brisbane International organisers.

Kubler held the world's top junior ranking during 2010, but it was being named Junior Sports Star of the Year at this month's Queensland Sport awards that really blew him away.

"I was really excited about that,'' Kubler said. "I was thinking about it after I actually won it that's every junior male or female sportsperson in Queensland and I've won it so that was huge for me.''

During the awards ceremony, Kubler sat next to Brisbane International tournament director Steve Ayles, who was impressed by what he saw and heard.

Ayles said: "He said obviously it was his dream to play the Brisbane International.

"I said: `The way you're playing, I don't think that dream will take long to be realised.''

Just for good measure, Kubler cheekily emphasised his wish to play the January 2-9 tournament again during his acceptance speech.

"I would love to play there,'' Kubler told The Sunday Mail. "It's my home city. I train there when I'm in Brisbane, it would be great to play,'' he said.

Young sportsmen often walk a fine line between plucky and arrogant but at a time when some of his contemporaries resemble a brat pack, Kubler is firmly in the first category.

Tennis Australia banned Brydan Klein, 20, Nick Lindahl, 22, and Dayne Kelly, 20, from the Australian Open wildcard playoffs, the final of which is today, because of repeated incidents of "unacceptable behaviour''.

Meanwhile, 18-year-old Bernard Tomic has been involved in a series of well-documented controversies, including a feud with Australian No.1 Lleyton Hewitt and most recently his withdrawal from the Australian Open wildcard playoffs.

Tomic pulled out before the tournament started, but came under fire for apparently banking on a discretionary wildcard after being spotted training on the Gold Coast the day the playoffs started.

In contrast, Kubler and fellow Queensland prodigy Ben Mitchell are widely praised for their maturity, dedication and level-headed attitudes.

Kubler suffered some bad luck in his bid for an Australian Open wildcard, forced out before the opening playoff round with a knee problem.

"I woke up in the morning and my knee was swollen,'' Kubler said.

"I saw the physio and they suggested I've still got three or four more big tournaments coming up in the summer so I want to get my knee right for those.''

With a senior ranking of 534, Kubler will have to pin his hopes on a discretionary wildcard for the first grand slam of the year.

It is a situation Kubler does not want to find himself in much more, and he has spent a substantial part of the past year living in Spain to work with former world No.10 Felix Mantilla and play in Europe, particularly on his favourite clay court surface, to improve his ranking.

That will be his priority for 2011.

"I'd like to get my ranking higher so maybe I could play qualis of the grand slams,'' Kubler said.

"If I can get my ranking in the top 300, top 250, that would be good.''

Kubler has been inspired by another Australian who is keen on clay, French Open runner-up Samantha Stosur.

"Sam's been doing really well, which is good to have an Aussie doing well and it helps everyone's belief that even if they didn't grow up on the clay, they can do well on clay later in their career,'' Kubler said.

Mantilla believes Kubler - relatively small at 179cm tall - is showing early signs that he has what it takes to make it, particularly on clay, where he will have to construct his points cleverly.

"He's a kid that's not going to be a massive kid,'' Mantilla said.

"It's going to depend on his development as a tennis player, how he builds, how he'll cope with the pressure in tournaments, with opponents, but there's no doubt that he has a bright future.''
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/k...-1225973187696
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #412

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

then please come back soon to spain, there are many clay futures in a few weeks!

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
Old 12-30-2010, 04:59 AM   #413
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kubler out of action with knee trouble
...“He will use this as motivation to work even harder at this tennis and keep making that transition from juniors on to the ATP tour,” Larkham said. He explained that the teenager would stay off court until the swelling abated and would continue to get treatment. He would then return to his training on the clay courts and also return to tournament play on the clay courts, hopefully within the next month.
http://www.tennis.com.au/news/2010/1...h-knee-trouble

It a shame because he would have probably gotten a qualifying wild card for either Brisbane or AO or both. It's a bit unclear when he'll be better, hopefully he'll be able to have a shot at AO juniors as it's his last year to do so.

Get better soon Jason!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #414
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Really disappointing for Jason... there isn't much he can do but rest at the moment.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #415

ouch, please recover soon jason!!

Henkka Kontinen
Old 12-30-2010, 04:26 PM   #416
ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon it was safe to say he would of had a md wc for brissy if he was fully fit!
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #417
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Any news about when Jason is returning to action?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #418
country flag grimilan

grimilan has a reputation beyond reputegrimilan has a reputation beyond reputegrimilan has a reputation beyond reputegrimilan has a reputation beyond reputegrimilan has a reputation beyond reputegrimilan has a reputation beyond reputegrimilan has a reputation beyond reputegrimilan has a reputation beyond reputegrimilan has a reputation beyond reputegrimilan has a reputation beyond reputegrimilan has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure hes playing a futures in Spain this week.
Main draw isn't out yet but he was 1st on the qualifying list, and only 1 place out of the main draw.
Wasn't in the qualifying draw so I assume hes made the main draw.
grimilan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #419

yeah, he is into the main draw.in 3 weeks he´ll play here in madrid so i´ll bring some news for you as usual(and also pics of him)

Henkka Kontinen
Old 03-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #420
country flag n8

Thanks for the updates. Very exciting!