Jason Kubler Cheering Thread - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #211
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jason Kubler Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt2010 View Post
Thats what we need to see from him, playing outside Asia and Australia, but dissapointing result. I hope he can play more events in europe, also i think he is capable of making the top 1000 maybe top 800 or even top 700, good luck to him where ever he play's next. Can someone please tell me where he's heading off to next. Thanks

And Good Luck.
I'd say it would would be very likely he will stay in Spain or at least Europe and play some more futures tournament qualies, he will probably come back to Australia at the end of April and play the aussie futures. Hopefully by the end of the Aussie futures in April he will have an ATP ranking.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #212
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

Hewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond repute

What is the matter with juniors, they hardly play any tennis tournaments at any level. Tomic played about 5 or maybe a few more last year, this year he has only played 2 plus the davis cup. Kubler and Saville we haven't see them both much this year yet. Hopefully they can play most of the rest of the Australian futures this year.

Does Kubler get 10 ranking points for playing in the Aus Open or don't first round knock outs get points if they were wildcards. Good Luck to Kubler to where ever he goes and plays next.
Hewitt2010 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #213
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that they haven't really had an off season like the rest of the tour considering they pretty much played through the whole of November and December. I think they are entitled to a small break after Burnie and Mildura so they don't over do it. Kubler and Saville will start playing regulary now and Tomic is hoping to play some Italian challengers in the coming weeks.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #214
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt2010 View Post
What is the matter with juniors, they hardly play any tennis tournaments at any level. Tomic played about 5 or maybe a few more last year, this year he has only played 2 plus the davis cup. Kubler and Saville we haven't see them both much this year yet. Hopefully they can play most of the rest of the Australian futures this year.

Does Kubler get 10 ranking points for playing in the Aus Open or don't first round knock outs get points if they were wildcards. Good Luck to Kubler to where ever he goes and plays next.
I seriously read your posts sometimes and am a little bit worried. Young bodies can't handle playing week in week out every month of the year. It's March, Tomic has played three tournaments this year, which means he has an average of one tournament per month, throw the Davis Cup tie in there and you will realise he hasn't been as inactive as you think.

Kubler and Saville haven't played because one of them doesn't have a ranking and the other can only get entry into qualifying draws. You have to remember Kubler has two years left on the junior circuit and Luke Saville three. There main focus at this point in time is to do well in the junior slams, obviously they want to gain ATP points but they are approaching it realistically.

Kubler does not get 10 ranking points for the Australian Open because he was a wildcard, I thought that would have been pretty obviously when you take into consideration he is rankingless.

Seriously man you are expecting way too much from the Aussie players, a lot of our guys are ranked higher than they should be and it's because of the weak fields in the Oceanic/Asian region. Just relax and stop thinking all of our players are going to be top 100 ATP pros one day.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:43 AM   #215
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

A shame for Kubler and the other Aussies. I'm guessing they are training in Spain with Mantilla. Saville is entered for a couple of junior tournaments in Europe but Kubler is not on the entry lists. I suppose his schedule depends on what his team wants. If I were him I would try to focus on the French Open Juniors to try and get a junior grand slam and it is on his favourite surface.

Matchu is correct. The tournaments in the Asia/Oceanic region especially the junior tournaments are weaker than the level they are at. It's common for Tennis Australia to send some guys to Asia just to get some easy ranking points.

Just wondering can Kubler use a junior exempt to get into any of the future tournaments given that he finished inside the top 10 last year?
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #216
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf07 View Post
A shame for Kubler and the other Aussies. I'm guessing they are training in Spain with Mantilla. Saville is entered for a couple of junior tournaments in Europe but Kubler is not on the entry lists. I suppose his schedule depends on what his team wants. If I were him I would try to focus on the French Open Juniors to try and get a junior grand slam and it is on his favourite surface.

Matchu is correct. The tournaments in the Asia/Oceanic region especially the junior tournaments are weaker than the level they are at. It's common for Tennis Australia to send some guys to Asia just to get some easy ranking points.

Just wondering can Kubler use a junior exempt to get into any of the future tournaments given that he finished inside the top 10 last year?
That's a good point. He should be able to get a junior exempt into three $15,000 Futures events as he finished at number 4 last year.

From ITF website:
Quote:
The number 1 and 2 ranked players can enter three (3) Futures events offering up to $15,000+H in prize money; players ranked 3-5 can enter three (3) events offering up to $15,000 in prize money; and players ranked 6-10 can enter three (3) Futures events offering up to $10,000 in prize money.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #217
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

Hewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond repute

So does anyone know where Kubler is heading off next. Its dissapointing to see him at 4th in the world in the juniors and then no mens ranking. But he is only 16 so he has still got a long time before he really has to make an impression. I think that players younger then Tomic are quite lucky, that pretty much means that they won't have as much responsabilty or pressure as someone like Tomic. So really Kubler dosent have any pressure on himself to do well because everyone thinks that Tomic is the next big thing, honestly so do i. But it wouldn't surprise me if Tomic never made himself into one of the greatest players ever.

When TA gave Kubler one of the Australian Open wildcards i thought it was a huge mistake, but know i think it's great. It's given him that little bit more of experience, most probably Saville will get a wildcard next year. Then there is so many 14 year old at the moment that are just trying to get up there. Daniel Guccione, Jack Alberton, Hayden Mickan, Li Tu but there is one that i think is going to really step up he most probably can't beat them players at the moment but i think he is really coming along in his tennis. Myself im thirteen and ive played this kid, everyone remember this name Tavis Saunders, he has played so real great players and lost maybe but his skill level is amazing, both the times i played him it was 6-0 and 6-0. I wish him luck in the future. He is from Murray Bridge, South Australia.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:29 AM   #218
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

He probably plans to keep training in Spain and then enter the Spanish Futures Tournament on hard in two weeks.

Having Tomic come before them only increases the pressure and expectations. People expect them to achieve what Tomic has or somewhere near that level and many/all of them can't. Kubler's wildcard was never a correct decision and it has been shown in the Four Corners documentary as to the real reason he got one. What experience can you derive from a performance like that? You see what level the top guys are at but he was already well aware of that. The memories of the thrashing he copped in front of family and friends and an aussie crowd cheering him on will probably stick with him forever. In a couple of years when he makes it back into the Australian Open (if he develops well enough) what do you think he is more likely to remember from that match?
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
Old 03-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #219
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

I guess you are right they probably have got some expectations, but someone like Duckworth or Mitchell who don't dominate juniors could really do well without as much pressure. Hopefull we will see someone like Mitchell or Duckworth reall start going well.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:21 AM   #220
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond repute

Another loss for Jason - Q1 in Italy $15K - lost to #968 Claudio Fortuna 6-4, 1-6, 2-6.
Territory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:04 AM   #221
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Another loss for Jason - Q1 in Italy $15K - lost to #968 Claudio Fortuna 6-4, 1-6, 2-6.
Damn. At least he's put in some good showings in his last few losses. 4-6 7-5 4-6 a week ago (also first round Spain futures qualifying), and 4-6 7-6(4) 2-6 versus Tomic isn't too bad.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:45 AM   #222
country flag jmf07

Wins his first match this week in Qualies 64 62. Hard to tell how good his opponent was but a 64 62 win is nice after his previous losses.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #223
country flag jmf07

He is one win away from qualifying for the 15k futures tournament at Ipswich on the clay. He has to defeat Jordan Szabo to get in the maindraw. Szabo will be a hard match. Good luck to him.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #224
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Who's Jordan Szabo? From what little information I can find he is an unranked Aussie, 18 years old.

Anyway, good luck Jase.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #225
country flag jmf07

He won a few matches at the Aus Open juniors two years ago where he qualified and then made the Round of 16 before getting knocked out by one of the high seeds. Got some decent results on the Aussie Junior Circuit as well. Kubler does have a couple of straight sets wins over him in juniors. I would imagine Kubler would be confident but it won't be a gimme.