Nico & the DC - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #16
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico & the DC

Next year they will play in Croatia.
I have to see if I can go, but I'll start saving right now.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #17
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

From the DC website:
Quote:
Following Nicolas Lapentti’s heroics in Porto Alegre, Ecuador faces a trip to Croatia, the 2005 champion. Lapentti, who has now played a total of 93 Davis Cup rubbers, added his name to the history books against Brazil by winning his 13th five-set singles match in the competition, surpassing Frenchman Henri Cochet’s previous record.
Too funny he's so into playing 5-set matches
Old 09-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #18
country flag Kezzi

Video of the celebration after Nico's match with a short interview in a language I don't know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q976a0A20kA
It's so cute when he's hugging his mother, their parents are so happy in this video
Old 09-25-2009, 03:30 AM   #19
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Nico is so awesome it lacks words to describe. I posted 50 videos of the tie and he is on the vast majority of them

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...im&view=videos

Here is my picture with him. I tried it first time Friday night, almost 1 AM when everyone had left the stadium for more than pne hour. I took with Giovanni and Marcaccio, and when Nico appeared the camera failed. The guy with him, someone of the team, told him he would be back in 5 minutes and so he told me. I tried to fix the camera but their van had to leave so he didn't come back.

On Saturday I stayed there again waiting long time when everyone had left, and when he showed up he said "Ah, ahora sí " like asking if this time it would work, smiling of course. I'm glad I managed to get this pic

Here is the one with Giovanni, another great guy who earned a fan on the weekend

I'll come with pictures of the matches, it's just a mather of time

And this weekend I'll be watching Nico again as he will play a Brazilian Interclubs in São Paulo, where I live now
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:09 AM   #20
country flag Nastasie

Nastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Video of the celebration after Nico's match with a short interview in a language I don't know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q976a0A20kA
It's so cute when he's hugging his mother, their parents are so happy in this video
It's in Portuguese (his Portuguese is pretty good, despite Guga's protests to the contrary :P). It was very cute because he was keeping it together right until he hugged his mom, then he started crying. My daughter's comment was: "Aaww, he's a momma's boy!"

I thought the whole family was really awesome, I was totally okay with losing to them.
Nastasie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:12 AM   #21
country flag Nastasie

Nastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio_Brasil View Post
Nico is so awesome it lacks words to describe. I posted 50 videos of the tie and he is on the vast majority of them

Here is my picture with him. I tried it first time Friday night, almost 1 AM when everyone had left the stadium for more than pne hour. I took with Giovanni and Marcaccio, and when Nico appeared the camera failed. The guy with him, someone of the team, told him he would be back in 5 minutes and so he told me. I tried to fix the camera but their van had to leave so he didn't come back.

On Saturday I stayed there again waiting long time when everyone had left, and when he showed up he said "Ah, ahora sí " like asking if this time it would work, smiling of course. I'm glad I managed to get this pic

Here is the one with Giovanni, another great guy who earned a fan on the weekend

And this weekend I'll be watching Nico again as he will play a Brazilian Interclubs in São Paulo, where I live now
That is awesome, Caio, thanks so much for posting all those videos, they look great!
*sigh* Too bad I can't go (what a time to get sick, ugh), but enjoy Nico's awesomeness on my behalf!
Nastasie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #22
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastasie View Post
It's in Portuguese (his Portuguese is pretty good, despite Guga's protests to the contrary :P). It was very cute because he was keeping it together right until he hugged his mom, then he started crying. My daughter's comment was: "Aaww, he's a momma's boy!"

I thought the whole family was really awesome, I was totally okay with losing to them.
Your daughter's comment is hilarious.
I think the whole family is always so cute, they really support each other.
Too funny how his dad is holding the flag behind him when he gives that interview.

I hope they'll travel to Croatia with them, I'm seriously thinking about going, because they won't get any closer... There has to be some major thing that weekend otherwise I don't think anyone can stop me from going.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:58 AM   #23
country flag Kezzi

Quote:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6484/s1052253.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3306/s1052126.jpg

Those are incredible pics! And you get to see him once again... I'm jealous. Really cool that Nico remembered you.
After reading how nice they are, I'm definitely going to the tie in Croatia!!
Would also be great to experience the DC with Ecuador too, that way I saw both 'my' teams in action at least once. France (with Clément, Grosjean, Llodra) is the other one, been there a few years ago in Germany.
And hopefully I can finally see Nico play one of his legendary five sets.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #24
country flag Kezzi

Anyone having plans to go to Croatia?

Me and Jule do, I hope we can manage!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #25
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Anyone having plans to go to Croatia?

Me and Jule do, I hope we can manage!

I can't go to Europe this soon but I count on you both to do the cheering for them, I did it silently in Porto Alegre and it worked.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #26
country flag Kezzi

Quote:

I can't go to Europe this soon but I count on you both to do the cheering for them, I did it silently in Porto Alegre and it worked.
We've had the same problem for years, couldn't go to Ecuador/South America for the weekend.

And I don't know if I will cheer silently, think not, because the excitement has to come out at some point. I will bring my huge-"where did you get that?!"-flag. (That was the first thing Giova asked when I asked him to sign it in Halle and he was so impressed, he didn't notice he was writing on the wrong side. I also didn't notice, but hey, it's not my country flag. )
I'll let Nico write on the wrong side too, if it hangs in my room, there's no Dutchie who'll notice the bird is looking the wrong way.

edit: update, we booked flights & hotel, we're only waiting to buy tickets now. Didn't inform you guys we actually managed to arrange everything for real.

@Caio: Is it easy to meet them outside the stadium? Don't know how it is in Croatia, but with the France - Germany tie it was easy to wait too. Even though it included some yelling at Clément to make him notice there were people waiting, lol.

Last edited by Kezzi : 01-11-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:51 PM   #27
country flag Caio_Brasil

In Porto Alegre it was very easy, although it took a long time but I suppose it depends on how the Stadium/access to the players area is. In my case their gate was very close to the fans one and all I had to do was waiting for them to leave. There barely was seccurity left at past midnight.

Of course they winning at least one rubber of the day makes it easier, they can be great guys but who knows what would their mood be like after losing two five set matches to the big servers

Good luck there!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #28
country flag Kezzi

They can't be mad at two cute girls with a huge Ecudorian flag.
Thanks for the info, I hope in Croatia it will also be waiting only and nothing more difficult.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:45 AM   #29
country flag Caio_Brasil

Just post the picture of both cute girls and everything will be fine
Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #30
country flag Kezzi

Nico is looking forward to the tie: http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsart...rticleid=16728
Me too, my tickets arrived this week.
We have good seats, in the middle of first row on the long side. (And I think opposite of umpire and players, but I'm not 100% sure.)