Davis Cup - Mug performance of the weekend. - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #31
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup - Mug performance of the weekend.

nalbandian without a doubt
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 02:06 AM   #32
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Bogdanovic and it's not close.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:40 AM   #33
country flag NyGeL

NyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond repute

Andreev
SF: / / Estoril, Shangai / / / / Stuttgart, Palermo
QF: Brisbane/ Umag, USOpen / / Australia, Nottingham, Olympics, Bangkok / Australia, Sauipe / / Kitzbuhel, Beijing

PAW Rank: 14

FITD Champ: Queens 2010 / Miami, Newport & Stuttgart 2009 / Hamburg & Kitzbuhel 2008
Suicide Champ: Johannesburg 2009
NyGeL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:18 AM   #34
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute

Bogdanovic for sure, Andreev was not at his best but he was not expected to win against Nalbandian and Del Potro at BA.

From Isaac Asimov's "Foundation".
Merton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:18 AM   #35
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

bogdanovic's entire career has been one long mugathon.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:25 AM   #36
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
Bogdanovic for sure, Andreev was not at his best but he was not expected to win against Nalbandian and Del Potro at BA.
Of course he was expected to win against Pony. Pony is a soft kid, a crybaby.

He was expected at least to make Nalbandian work for it, not give away the match.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:33 AM   #37
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

mmm.. interesting question...

I have 2 serious candidates..

Ill break down a couple of them..

To start with.. Ill root out Andreev.. he lost away against a better player (at least better ranked player and smoking hot).. he did play bad, but Del Potro was flawless..the result was coherent.. the in-form player won

Ferrer vs Roddick: a-rod played the match of his life on a quite bizarre surface.. (if anyone has seen at least 5 minutes of the spanish court, you ll get what i mean.. the court was simply stupid.. ive never seen a ball bouncing that high with so little efford.. really, not funny.. it took 2 of 3 days for spanish players to understand how to play on such a weird surface.. ).. it clearly favoured servers (well.. nadal did lose a set, and roddick won 2 sets.. so it is kind of a coherent score..).. not a mug.. he won, he got the W..

Nalbandian: everyone expects so much of him, but yet he is having a really crappy year and he lost to world n6.. ok, davydenko was never a DC player but he did play with all he had, and Nalbandian was outsourced..he has been coherent with his year..he is one candidate, but i wouldnt be that harsh on him cos going into day 1..no one really expected that much of him..it was his impressive straight sets win against andreev that made him such a huge favourite.. but afterall..he is still in shitty form..

I cant say anything about Jun cos i didnt see the match, but it was kind of expected to me..

Boggo one of my 2 top candidates.. what can i say? such a wasted talent.. his backhand is superb but "never in doubt" he'd lay down his british team.. He has the talent, but cant read the manual..

If you had taken a close look into the H2H you d see he had a 0-2 H2H deficit against peya (losing like 64 64.. i believe he hasnt won a set to peya) so id say winning a set is currently consistent enough to save him up of the total mugness of the weekend award..

Finally.. and regarding my natural dislike to chileans (which i honestly dont dislike that much, it is some of the chileans of the forum firing up against argentina that makes me try to dislike them but i actually dont have a problem with them.. just like paying back favours ) ..

taking that aside..

you re talking about a former gold medalist team..playing at home, with the home support on their back.. having a top ten and an experienced player as Gonzo and Nico Massu.. on the worst surface for a debutant aussie team, with Ball having his first match and the other guy playing doubles for first time..

losing in such a way.. 5 sets.. is clearly the upset of the weekend.. ok, maybe nalbandian was the upset of the week to me cos i never thought he would lose.. but he was playing a top ten..5th in the race to shanghai ..

Chile was playing a lame substitute doubles team and still found the way to lose it..

that is , to me, total mugness.. and regarding it is "chile", i would have given that award to serbia, argentina or anyone playing such an underdog with such an impressive history..

Podium:

1) Chilean doubles
2) Bogdanovic
3) Nalbandian

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:40 AM   #38
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Makes absolutely no sense.

The Chilean doubles team has always been a joke. Nobody knows how Kiefer and Shittler gave away that match, losing so many MPs. The Aussies are simply a better team and won.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:20 AM   #39
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Viva Chile* View Post
Mugdanovic, Sun, Roddick, Andreev
Oh come on, you dislike Duck, but he almost beat Pics and still he won 8 games vs Nadull on clay.

He always was a mug on clay, even that this year he earned more points on clay than on grass

Mugdanovic always has been a mug, nothing new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltmann_89 View Post
Also Crapdeville losing to Carsten Ball in 2 sets. It was a dead rubber, but it's still a disgrace.
You seem to be a big Mugaul hater.

Dead rubbers does not count imo.

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).

Last edited by ChinoRios4Ever : 09-22-2008 at 04:51 AM.
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 AM   #40
country flag Pea

Pea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer definitely.
{{{Janko Tipsarevic}}}
{{{Andreas Vinciguerra}}}
{{{Mikhail Youzhny}}}
(Agustin Calleri)(Hicham Arazi)(Nicolas Kiefer)(Sebastien Grosjean)(Rafael Nadal)
(Tommy Robredo)(Xavier Malisse)(Gustavo Kuerten)(Rainer Schuettler)(Fernando Gonzalez)
(Mark Philippoussis)(Gaston Gaudio)(Albert Montanes)(Ivan Ljubicic)(Mariano Zabaleta) & Many More...

FoRevEr:
{{{STEFAN EDBERG}}}
Pea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:28 AM   #41
country flag rob88hock

rob88hock has a reputation beyond reputerob88hock has a reputation beyond reputerob88hock has a reputation beyond reputerob88hock has a reputation beyond reputerob88hock has a reputation beyond reputerob88hock has a reputation beyond reputerob88hock has a reputation beyond reputerob88hock has a reputation beyond reputerob88hock has a reputation beyond reputerob88hock has a reputation beyond reputerob88hock has a reputation beyond repute

poor bogo
2008 pretty much injured all year
2009 trying to get back into the real tournys

Go British Tennis
Andy Murray

http://www.britishtennis.net/
rob88hock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #42
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

mugdanovic's performance seems to give proof to the saying that 'mugs hurt everyone'... totally offensive performance by the looks... you dont have to be a brit to blow chunks about the guy...

yeah fiber... chile did australia no favours allowing Ball to escape this tie with a 2-0 record... f**ken guy thinks now that davis cup is a piece of p!ss... the cup is meant to be a cauldron of woe for debutants... surely now Ball is gonna be caught off gaurd and retire with a 2-19 davis cup record... thanks chile...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:20 AM   #43
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Cuevas losing to 684 ranked Daniel Garza is impressive.

Seppi blowing a 2 sets lead v Gulbis too.
Cuevas lost to a 15 year old from the UNITED STATES ON CLAY (a bandwagon player everybody jumped in a couple of months ago and is gone forever in MTF's memories called Ryan Harrison!)

That is Mugness

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

Old 09-22-2008, 07:40 AM   #44
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed so many expressions of love and affections between Agries and Chilleans here on MTF? Any particular reason for it or just a tradition?
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #45
country flag FiBeR

in a nutshell..

South American attitude (in general) is childish..

therefore, just like kids, we compete against each other (you should read del potro's thread)..

basically there is a rivalry in which most of chileans want argentinians to sink, and viceversa.. same with bra vs arg in football for e.g...

its like moving in into a noisy neighbourhood: you just cant stand your noisy neighbour and he feels the same about you

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68