Rafa's US Open Blog - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-26-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rafa's US Open Blog

Yes, I think it deserves its own thread

He answered a sex question today! YES.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafa's US Open Blog

1st Blog

Quote:
I'm back and off to a winning start but I hope I'm not boring

Hi Everyone,

Here I am back writing a blog for you this time from New York. Initially I didn't feel like writing another blog since I really don't know if it's liked or not and I don't really know what to write about. I hope that I am not too boring because I would hate that. But they have kindly asked me again to do it and I will be answering your questions and writing a few of the things I do during the day here in New York. Also a good way to let my fans know, first hand, what I think and do. I don't think this will be a very deep blog if you know what I mean.

So that you understand, I normally do this blog either before going out for dinner or just after that. We sit, and do the blog. It takes some time and I am happy to do it, but it is not easy for me to just sit here, answer to all your questions (that's the easy part) and then try to come up with a great, deep, writer's blog.

Having said that, some of you may not know that I left home Mallorca on Friday July 18th. Wimbledon's final was on Sunday July 6th (I'll never forget that), went to Stuttgart on Monday July 7th having only slept one hour, got back home to Mallorca on that same day and started my 7 1/2 days holiday.

Resumed practice on Tuesday 15th and as I say left home to go to Toronto on Friday 18th. I played Toronto (won) and Cincinnati (semis but grabbing the #1) and from there fled (?) to Beijing via Chicago straight. No rest, no days in Mallorca. Then played the Olympics and on Monday after the tennis was over fly straight to NY where I have been now for a week.

Some people might not think this is the right decision but I talked long with my manager Carlos Costa and my uncle Toni about it. They thought and I agreed that the best is to keep with the good swing and the results. My uncle always say that you have to take the good moments and I was feeling strong enough to do this. We can come back to this in the next days.

In the mean time the tournament has started and I played today. Not a great match, I didn't feel great out there but did the job and managed to win an always difficult first round match.

Many thanks to all.

Rafa

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...k-and-off.html
Old 08-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Q and A

Quote:
Questions for Rafa: sex, Paris and wearing pink

Hola Rafa, many congratulations for a wonderful season of 8 titles. (and many more to come). Continued success for the rest of the year! You are asked so many questions and we thank you for sharing your comments and I love reading your blog. You are very funny! As fishing is one of your great passions, my question is do you own your own fishing boat? You are a wonderful champion. Best of luck for the US Open and look forward to seeing you at the Australian Open in 2009! Lots of love and kisses, Sharee, VB Brigade, Brisbane, Australia

RN: Hi, no I don't have a fishing boat. A friend of my father has it and we go with him sometimes.

You must be exhausted from all the tennis you've played this year. Since the U.S. Open is best of 5, how do you think your body will hold up? Kelly Faust

RN: I am sure it will be fine. We are used to play best of 5 at Grand Slams. But thanks anyway

Hola, Rafael, congratulations on your Olympic medal and your fantastic season. What are 3 words you say to yourself to keep yourself motivated? Cedrine,UK

RN: Vamos. Ahora and si! Sometimes I even say Come on!

Hello Rafa! I have been watching your tournaments this season and am awestruck and impressed. You are clearly having a wonderful season and I wish you the best of luck for the rest of it. There is however a rumor going around of your laundry skills needing some work. Another athlete claims to have seen you mixing your colors with your whites in the laundry room in the Olympic Village. Are you now wearing pink, or did you manage to avoid the disaster? Hanne,Norway

RN: I managed to avoid disaster. But you seem to know more than me... :-)

Hi Rafa, I was wondering did you buy yourself anything nice to celebrate becoming number 1 in the world? Christy UK

RN: No, not really.

Hi Rafa, I have been a huge fan of yours since the 2005 Rome Masters final against Coria. I know that as a tennis player on the tour, you get to travel to amazing places like Monte Carlo, Dubai and Shanghai. Which city on the tour do you like the best? And which city or place that you have never visited before would you like to go to? Vin

RN: This is a tough question. I have always said that Paris is one of my favorite cities, but there are many great cities. Monte Carlo has that something special and I also like New York. But believe me in the end the best place is Mallorca.

Hola Rafa, muchas gracias for writing a blog from the US Open and for replying to your fans' questions. For sure, Rafa, we are the luckiest fans del mundo! I am very happy that you are having a really great year ... Muchas Felicidades. My question for you is this, Rafa ... which were you more excited about - winning Wimbledon, winning the gold medal at the Olympic Games or becoming the number 1 player in the world? Niamh Kearney, Ireland

RN: Let's say all three in the same year is amazing for me. Since I won the three of them I will stay with those and the other titles I won. They are all important to me too!

What sporting events did you get the chance to watch at the Olympics? Mary Beth

RN: Basketball. I went to see Spain vs. the USA in the qualifying round.

Hi Rafa, I am 61 and have a wonderful daughter but if I had had a son I would have wanted him to be like you because you are such an example to all young people in your humble manner, your courtesy to everyone, your consideration for your fans but especially your respect for your family. Do you think that it is possible for a top player to remain at the top of the game and be married and have children? It seems to me that many of the top tennis players in the past have not been able to do this and have not performed so well when they married. Perhaps you have to devote all your concentration to tennis to be at the top? Thank you. Anne Dow

RN: I think I am too young to even know this. I would think so but you need to ask someone who is married, with kids, etc. Too early for me :-) (Far too early Rafito )

Rafa, one of the biggest reasons I always root for you is because you’re the eternal underdog. No one ever gives you credit , always has excuses , always doubts you’re ability even when you prove them wrong again and again. You are the Rocky of Tennis and no matter how long you’re number 1 or how many titles you win, you’ll be the underdog. How does it make you feel to know you have so many doubters and critics? Does it motivate you more to adapt to other surfaces and win slams? Do you enjoy making so many people eat their words? Thank you, Steve Tampa, FL (Surely an MTFer - maybe me?)

RN: Hi, many thanks for your comments. I really don't feel this way. I feel that a lot of people do recognize what I do. But what really motivates me is to win titles. I don't really pay much attention to the negatives. I take more the positives.

Hello Rafa, lovely to have you blogging again, and well done on such an amazing season so far. In an interview with the Sunday Times, you said once that in your perfect day, you’d fish and golf but there wouldn’t be time for sex. Do you truly prefer golf and fishing to sex? Claire (think this was our elessar )

RN: It is not exactly like this , but I really enjoy my time back at home. Not much time there.

Hello Rafa, congratulations on your terrific year! Is there any chance that you might appear on "Late Show with David Letterman" if you win the US Open. Anne, Melbourne, FL

RN: I know that my team have had contacts with them. I just don't feel my English is there yet to be doing this show. I have to improve it before. But hey, first I would need to do something really difficult... winning the Open... probably more difficult than me speaking perfect English by the end of the week

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...ons-for-r.html
Rafa
Old 08-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

^^ He did say once that he prefers golf and fishing to sex. Boy must be growing up
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
^^ He did say once that he prefers golf and fishing to sex. Boy must be growing up
No. He said in his perfect day sex wasn't necessary.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
No. He said in his perfect day sex wasn't necessary.
Ok Madam. Sorry for getting that wrong
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
Old 08-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #7
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Ok Madam. Sorry for getting that wrong
Apology accepted.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
country flag tennizen

Quote:
Apology accepted.
That reminded of Xristos
Old 08-26-2008, 03:25 PM   #9
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
That reminded of Xristos
Serious? The ultimate compliment.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #10
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That reminded of Xristos
How?

Quote:
Serious? The ultimate compliment.
Thank you.
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #11
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
How?

Thank you.

I don't hold a grudge, even though you unfairly bad repped me.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:28 PM   #12
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

I had good reason to.

Lets move on shall we?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:28 PM   #13
country flag tennizen

Quote:
How?
She's an authority on Rafa's blogs just as you are on Rafa's clothes
Old 08-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
country flag Xristos

Old 08-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #15
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
I had good reason to.

Lets move on shall we?
We'll agree to disagree