Hesitating on choosing racquets. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
country flag deathslayer

deathslayer is on a distinguished road
Default Hesitating on choosing racquets.

Um, firstly, hi everyone cause i'm new to this forum. I hope I could find what i need here.

Okay now to the main thing. I'm recently looking for a racquet which is most suitable for me but i came into hesitation when i was searching the info on different racquets.

Maybe I should type out my playing styles first. I'm a 3.5-4.0 player and i like raquets that could give me a well response of power. My usual racquet is the Wilson Hammer 7.2 in which i really like the feeling when i play with it.So now i'm looking for a racquet that has similar headsize (about 100 is ok, i dont like big heads), similar racquet balance ( i dont like racquets with their heads too light) and with advanced power (along with control).

Recently i've found two racquets that has attracted my interest, they are the Babolat Pure Drive Roddick (not plus) and the Prince O3 Speedport Black (not LB). I would like to hear some comments from you guys

Also, for any other racquet suggestions feel free to tell me!THXZ for all helps!
deathslayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hesitating on choosing racquets.

the pure drive roddick is a great racket if you are looking to develop tennis elbow. if not, then the speedport black is a much better option as it allows you to customise your sweetspot with either the speedports or the grommet inserts. with the standard speedports you get the larger sweetspot, making the racket more comfortable and forgiving. pretty much every other manufacturer makes rackets similar to these. others to check out would be tecnifibre tflash 315, wilson kzen, head microgel radical pro, prince ozone tour.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:46 AM   #3
country flag deathslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
the pure drive roddick is a great racket if you are looking to develop tennis elbow. if not, then the speedport black is a much better option as it allows you to customise your sweetspot with either the speedports or the grommet inserts. with the standard speedports you get the larger sweetspot, making the racket more comfortable and forgiving. pretty much every other manufacturer makes rackets similar to these. others to check out would be tecnifibre tflash 315, wilson kzen, head microgel radical pro, prince ozone tour.
Roddick, a great racket for developing "tennis elbow"Did you mean developing the skills on your elbow or it's really the "tennis elbow pain"? Anyways, the O3 Speedport Black really gives me the attention to it. I'm just trying to post this topic here to see if any one could recommend great rackets that i haven't noticed yet. Thanks for your recommendations but they doesn't seem to have the power i need.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
country flag mojoo999

mojoo999 is on a distinguished road

Well, I recommend the wilson kfactor. I personally own one and it is by far the best racquet I've ever used. If you still don't know what to choose, I found a great tennis racquet buying guide at www.wilsonracquet.net

Last edited by mojoo999 : 09-20-2008 at 06:26 AM. Reason: bad link
mojoo999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=deathslayer;7655163]Roddick, a great racket for developing "tennis elbow"Did you mean developing the skills on your elbow or it's really the "tennis elbow pain"? [quote]

i mean exactly what i say. the pure drive roddick is a racket that gives you tennis elbow
Old 09-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
country flag deathslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoo999 View Post
Well, I recommend the wilson kfactor. I personally own one and it is by far the best racquet I've ever used. If you still don't know what to choose, I found a great tennis racquet buying guide at www.wilsonracquet.net
Well, i didn't play well with k factors, i dunno why. But thxz for the guide.

Quote:
i mean exactly what i say. the pure drive roddick is a racket that gives you tennis elbow
Oh i didn't know that, i haven't seen people "telling(changeed because of careless rudeness)" that they got tennis elbows because of the pure drive roddick~

Last edited by deathslayer : 09-21-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Too rude for using that word... I'll try to improve my English ASAP~
Old 09-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathslayer View Post

Oh i didn't know that, i haven't seen people yelling around that they got tennis elbows because of the pure drive roddick~
with such a rude awnsers you'll get nowhere.

BTW Jazar i like the racquet but i find it a bit too stiff and lacking of power in my backhand however spin has been AWSOME,and my serve and forehands are way better.

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #8
country flag deathslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
with such a rude awnsers you'll get nowhere.

BTW Jazar i like the racquet but i find it a bit too stiff and lacking of power in my backhand however spin has been AWSOME,and my serve and forehands are way better.
Oh, I'm terribly sorry for any offence bacause of the words I've used. My English standard is not quite good enough yet. Once again, sorry for that, hope you don't mind

I wonder if single backhands could manage to have power with the roddick.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
country flag jazar

Quote:
the racket may feel a bit stiff at first as the headsize is smaller, the string pattern denser and the string a little stiffer than your used to. you will get used to it soon, but you may need to play around a little with the tension
Old 09-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #10
country flag jazar

Quote:
with the pure drive roddick and single handed backhand you are even more likely to get tennis elbow
Old 09-21-2008, 07:58 PM   #11
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the racket may feel a bit stiff at first as the headsize is smaller, the string pattern denser and the string a little stiffer than your used to. you will get used to it soon, but you may need to play around a little with the tension
Thanks Jamie

W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Old 09-21-2008, 07:59 PM   #12
country flag Tzar

Quote:
Oh, I'm terribly sorry for any offence bacause of the words I've used. My English standard is not quite good enough yet. Once again, sorry for that, hope you don't mind

No problem.

Yes more power with roddicks

Welcome to MTF.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:55 AM   #13
country flag deathslayer

Quote:
with the pure drive roddick and single handed backhand you are even more likely to get tennis elbow
Quote:
No problem.

Yes more power with roddicks

Welcome to MTF.

Conclusion: Using the Roddick with single backhand could generate more power but the price is to get tennis elbow easily huh?

I know it's hard to get "powerful" rackets with medium head size but i just don't like rackets with more than 100'~ Anyways, any other rackets for recommendation? I'm still also thinking of the Prince O3 Speedport Black though~

It's seems a bit "chilly" in the tennis equipment thread in MTF... I kinda have to wait for a day to get some replies~
Old 09-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #14
country flag jazar

Quote:
Conclusion: Using the Roddick with single backhand could generate more power but the price is to get tennis elbow easily huh?

I know it's hard to get "powerful" rackets with medium head size but i just don't like rackets with more than 100'~ Anyways, any other rackets for recommendation? I'm still also thinking of the Prince O3 Speedport Black though~

It's seems a bit "chilly" in the tennis equipment thread in MTF... I kinda have to wait for a day to get some replies~
if you want advice on a racket, i've been giving it to you. i've sold more than 1000 rackets, so i know what i'm talking about when i say things here. and i try to reply to people as quickly as possible, but i have this thing called a life and i dont spend all day at a computer helping people on the internet try to decide what racket to buy.

i dont rate the pure drive roddick at all, especially if you have a one handed backhand. the prince speedport black, even though i personally dislike prince, is a much better racket. you get a larger sweetspot and a softer stringbed which means the racket is more forgiving and comfortable. if you want other rackets that are similar then check out the head microgel extreme and wilson kpro open, which are both based on the pure drive
Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #15
country flag Tzar

Jamie