News thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #121
country flag Brownie

Brownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News thread

Thanks for the recap Fran That surprises me he's never met Noah before. I wouldn't imagine there would be competition for DC between the four of them, but do you think the guys who usually play doubles (Llodra & Clement, right?) are a little miffed about the situation? I wonder what their chances of being on the team are.

Edit: Looks like Llodra is in. http://www.sport365.fr/tennis/coupe-...-Gasquet.shtml

Last edited by Brownie : 02-05-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Brownie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #122
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

The article is pure speculation of a journalist, Laureen, it doesn't mean anything. But yes, it will take very poor performances of Llodra to kick him out of the team. He has priority over the entire French tennis for Forget (there was an article about Forget in L'Equipe last year with the beautiful title "Gaga de Mika" = "crazy about Llodra").
Gilles seemed indeed to talk again about the spirit between the four guys only when he said that (we all get along so well, no jealousy between us, blablabla), I had the same reaction as you by listening to him.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #123
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
Was this the breaking of baby teeth
He must have been older. It was an article about the fact he was so versatile when he was younger - tennis, swimming, golf, piano... But he had to choose at one point and that's how he gave up on swimming according to the article.

I mean this article:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...6&postcount=36
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #124
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fran for the summary,I found it interesting
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #125
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
The article is pure speculation of a journalist, Laureen, it doesn't mean anything. But yes, it will take very poor performances of Llodra to kick him out of the team. He has priority over the entire French tennis for Forget (there was an article about Forget in L'Equipe last year with the beautiful title "Gaga de Mika" = "crazy about Llodra").
Gilles seemed indeed to talk again about the spirit between the four guys only when he said that (we all get along so well, no jealousy between us, blablabla), I had the same reaction as you by listening to him.
I wonder how true that is? When Matts Wilander was commentating on AO he said that when he coached PHM, the competition between the French guys was really fierce and that the only thing that mattered was who was French number 1. Other rankings didn't matter to them.
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #126
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

There definitely is intense rivalry between Gilles and Richard. There's no denying he's close to both Gael and Jo but there definitely isn't too much love lost between him and Gasquet no matter what they say. Yeah, I remember hearing on the commentary at Shanghai I think it was and they were saying how importan the French #1 was for the French boys because of all the prestige and commercial appeal it brought with it in France so it would make sense that it's incredibly important. I didn't know Mats coached P-H M. You do learn something new every day!
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #127
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
There definitely is intense rivalry between Gilles and Richard. There's no denying he's close to both Gael and Jo but there definitely isn't too much love lost between him and Gasquet no matter what they say.
Where on earth do you take that from??? This is pure speculation imo
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #128

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

It's just my own personal opinion mainly but I have read an interview where Gilles admits he's not as close to Richard as he is to the other two. I think he said something like 'I get on with Richard a little less well' or something like that
Old 02-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #129
country flag Brownie

Brownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond repute

I think he said that because they just aren't close friends. They haven't hung out as much as Gilles and Gael or Gilles and Jo. I don't think he was implying that there is an intense rivalry when he said that.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #130
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

If memory serves, it was more along the line of "I am a little less close with Richard", which I think is very different.

Last edited by xhr75019 : 02-06-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #131

http://www.rootzoo.com/threads/view/...s-Simon_169382

A little article explaining why there's a little animosity between Simon and Gasquet. I'm not saying they hate each other I was just saying really the other three are close and then Richard and Gilles wouldn't be as close as the others that's all. I'm sure Gilles is friendly with everyone he has that type personality I think
Old 02-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #132

Hell yeah theres some bad blood. Gilles is friends with everyone, he is a cool cat, but some people can rub others the wrong way due to immaturity. I think it is mostly due to miscommunication, but Gilles and Richie are not exactly close friends. Richie has always kicked his butt in their head to heads, and he was pissed at the Davis Cup tie against the US.

Just a comment from the author of the article I posted just there
Old 02-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #133

I hope no-one is offended by my posts I just posted my own personal opinion which is by no means definitive because, at the end of the day, I don't know Gilles or Richard so I don't know the true nature of their friendship/rivalry. Apologies if I've offended anyone once again
Old 02-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #134
country flag Brownie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
I hope no-one is offended by my posts I just posted my own personal opinion which is by no means definitive because, at the end of the day, I don't know Gilles or Richard so I don't know the true nature of their friendship/rivalry. Apologies if I've offended anyone once again
No worries

Old 02-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #135
country flag xhr75019

No apology needed Eimear, it's cool