News thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #106
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News thread

Yeah, I saw in L'Equipe today that they were saying 15.35 instead of 15.55, sorry.
Tulasne always is quite excessive in his statements. ^^

I have the Monfils one, I can try to convert it, but I'm always afraid they delete my Youtube account if I upload the whole thing.
I uploaded the first 2 minutes on a new account as a test the other day and it hasn't been removed yet:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JKhea1IoABM

Last edited by Truc : 01-10-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #107
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan View Post
I only saw the last 10 minutes since I thought it was beginning at 15:55. He played the Panthère Rose (English ?) on the piano and was so totally showing off while he did From what I saw he spoke a lot about his 2008 year and the Youzhny match in Indian Wells after which he stayed in his room for 4 days, only watching the celling, and the Federer/Nadal/Masters matchs. Tutu was very cute too, saying that it was nearly love between them I think the beginning was about his junior years and the fact nobody believed in him except for a few people.

I can't wait to see it whole The Monfils one a few months ago was totally awesome (I'm actually trying to put it on youtube but I have trouble changing it to a normal .avi...) I really like those reports. Thanks for mentionning Gilles was going to be inside, Truc
thanx Keijan, great report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
The Canal folks are so anal about their videos.

/what's true is true/
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #108
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgy View Post
[color=blue]thanx Keijan, great report
You're welcome ! I really didn't say much, I should have recorded it ! But the interview was much more interesting and insightful ^^ At some point he was talking about the Masters and how nobody believed he would come alive of his group : "it's good that you came to this point, but there is no way you can qualify for the semis !" And he said to himself "we'll see if I'm not going to qualify, bande de nazes" (how do you translate that, "you bunch of jackass ?" ) He had so many funny expressions ^^
I really like those reports, because you can really feel what it means to be a pro player, to wake up every morning to practice and to go through times where nobody believes in you, not even yourself. You touch their reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I have the Monfils one, I can try to convert it, but I'm always afraid they delete my Youtube account if I upload the whole thing. The Canal folks are so anal about their videos.
They even delete your account ? My, what a pretty stupid move ! Everyone is saying how great their reports are and they don't let anyone watch it. I mean, we're not hurting anyone nor claiming what they did as ours, it's more like we're making free advertising for them Bande de nazes
That Gaël one.... I think it's because of this vid that I became so attached to him. He was so touching and lost. I'm so happy he went through those difficult times and stands where he is now, crazy hair or not and same for Gillou, of course !
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #109
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I saw in L'Equipe today that they were saying 15.35 instead of 15.55, sorry.
Tulasne always is quite excessive in his statements. ^^

I have the Monfils one, I can try to convert it, but I'm always afraid they delete my Youtube account if I upload the whole thing. The Canal folks are so anal about their videos.
I uploaded the first 2 minutes on a new account as a test the other day and it hasn't been removed yet:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JKhea1IoABM

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #110
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"we'll see if I'm not going to qualify, bande de nazes" (how do you translate that, "you bunch of jackass ?" )
I am being picky, but in this context, I would say "bunch of losers"!

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #111
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
It's edited, delete your post.

Yes, they delete accounts, Keijan. I just posted some of the Monfils videos in his forum, we'll see if they allow them. (You don't need to convert them, I uploaded the *.flv files.)
Old 01-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #112
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: News thread

Quote:
You're welcome ! I really didn't say much, I should have recorded it ! But the interview was much more interesting and insightful ^^ At some point he was talking about the Masters and how nobody believed he would come alive of his group : "it's good that you came to this point, but there is no way you can qualify for the semis !" And he said to himself "we'll see if I'm not going to qualify, bande de nazes" (how do you translate that, "you bunch of jackass ?" ) He had so many funny expressions ^^
I really like those reports, because you can really feel what it means to be a pro player, to wake up every morning to practice and to go through times where nobody believes in you, not even yourself. You touch their reality

Gillou
/I'm so proud with him/
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:32 AM   #113
country flag Grenouille

Grenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Simon livre la clé de son secret : « C’est simple de jouer ces joueurs là, parce que tu joues à fond. Tu joues ton attaque à fond, tu frappes de toutes tes forces. Si elle est bonne, tant mieux ; si elle est faute, t’es pas déçu parce que tu te dis que si t’avais pris moins de risques, de toute façon, t’aurais pas gagné le point. »[/i]

This one is priceless !
Old 02-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #114
country flag Truc

In Le Parisien today:
Quote:
De retour de l’Open de tennis d’Australie, Gilles Simon consacrera toute sa journée de demain aux médias : séances photos pour le magazine « Men’s Health » en vue du numéro d’avant Roland-Garros et pour le célèbre studio photos Harcourt, interview à Orange Sport et participation au « Moscato Show », à 18 heures sur RMC Info. Cette journée médiatique devait se terminer sur le plateau du « Grand Journal » de Michel Denisot sur Canal +. Mais après avoir reçu hier les handballeurs champions du monde et aujourd’hui Michel Desjoyeaux, vainqueur du Vendée Globe, l’animateur vedette de la chaîne cryptée a préféré différer la venue du numéro un français.
He will have a media day again tomorrow: photo shooting for "Men's Health" and at the Harcourt studio and then he will be on the Moscato Show again ^^ - why always this annoying show?
He was also supposed to be on "Le Grand Journal", but they cancelled in last minute again because they already had the handball team and it would be too much sport in one week - last time he was cancelled because of a swimmer.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #115
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
photo shooting for "Men's Health"
They only do shirtless pics don't they? ^_^

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #116
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Second times for "Le grand Journal" They don't like Tennis ?
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #117
country flag Truc

I had completely forgotten about the Moscato Show. Moscato just announced him tonight after Tony Parker, but I missed the first hour, I don't know if he already said anything?
It's on http://www.rmc.fr/# - but there should be a podcast later.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #118
country flag Truc

Boring, don't even bother to listen to the podcast.
He talked about the Nadal match again, then he was asked about Noah's possible return in DC (he just said again he has never talked to Noah in his whole life, so what is he supposed to say?), he'll leave for Rotterdam on Sunday, he needs to take 4-5 days off between tournaments - not so much to recover physically because that's not a problem for him, but mentally, to take his mind off tennis. Some questions about the Davis Cup, as usual, he said there isn't any competition between them, they really want to win as a team and send the 2 best players at that time, he will be completely fine if he's not one of them.
And Moscato asked him to tell a story about his time in Australia, so he explained he saved somebody from drowning in Perth. It's quite a coincidence it happened to him as he goes to the beach twice a year only. He was there with Tulasne and Quétin, they saw a guy unconscious and drowning and got him back to the beach before the rescuers arrived. Of course Moscato asked him if he also gave the guy the kiss of life, but he didn't.

Last edited by Truc : 02-05-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #119
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

I must be boring Fran because I thought it sounded interesting
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #120
country flag Truc

You're right, the interview itself was fine, I've read too many interviews of him in Melbourne and already knew everything he said tonight (except the Perth story), so it was quite boring then. But that's my problem, not his.

I remember an article in L'Equipe saying he was a good swimmer when he was young - but he slipped one day at the swimming-pool, broke the two front teeth and gave up on swimming then.