News thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #46
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News thread

Oh please Rafa... Have you followed the whole Masters France story?

I don't like this event either, and I don't like he's playing it, but I can see why he didn't want to pull out like everybody else, especially after having committed to it at the beginning of the year.
Kudos to him for taking the risk to lose to Bennet, PHM & Co. playing this event even though he obviously isn't ready at all. I don't think he will enjoy it either.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #47
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Jérémy Chardy said again yesterday in the local newspaper that he wants to play more doubles next year, with Gilles in particular ("Je vais faire plus de doubles, souvent associé à Simon").
Old 12-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #48
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Oh please Rafa... Have you followed the whole Masters France story?

I don't like this event either, and I don't like he's playing it, but I can see why he didn't want to pull out like everybody else, especially after having committed to it at the beginning of the year.
Kudos to him for taking the risk to lose to Bennet, PHM & Co. playing this event even though he obviously isn't ready at all. I don't think he will enjoy it either.
it's just a don't like this kind exhibition, not a that moment of the year...
Old 12-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #49
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Take this as part of his training. He made a good point when saying this kind of exhibition provides him opportunities to experiment new things he would hardly try in real matches. Besides, as someone who didn't seem to particularly enjoy playing against other Frenchmen, this is also a good opportunity to work "psychologically" on that aspect of the competition.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #50
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
Look at the bright side Fran. If Bennet is to win today, his victory won't be on any official record; imagine how frustrating that will be.

ha ha....well said !!!!

rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #51
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

good points Nat
Yavor, the new avi, very festive makes me think of a migraine advert
anaquot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #52
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaquot View Post
good points Nat
Yavor, the new avi, very festive makes me think of a migraine advert

Thanx
Old 12-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #53
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit84 View Post
it's just a don't like this kind exhibition, not a that moment of the year...
I don't like this event at all either, I just meant I don't feel like criticizing him for his decision because I think it's a matter of loyalty for him.
He sounds very aware of the drawbacks of the situation. But he said he would play and now he's trying to make the best out of it imo.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #54
country flag Truc

His audio interview, he sounds really lethargic!
http://www.fft.fr/action/masters-france/?id=4443
He keeps saying it was tough today to find the right motivation, to play well, to move on the court. He clearly didn't play as well as in his 2 other matches, he felt a bit tired after yesterday's match because he had also trained a lot before the match.
There was no intensity, even at 5-1 in the first set he wasn't playing well at all and it was just Bennet giving him too many points. That's why he wasn't careful enough in the 2nd set, it was really tough to get into the match today.
But he now knows how to win these matches when he isn't playing well, it's been one of his main improvements last year. Today was another example.

Must have been an ugly match!
Old 12-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #55
country flag rtgy

Red face Re: News thread

Quote:
His audio interview, he sounds really lethargic!
http://www.fft.fr/action/masters-france/?id=4443
He keeps saying it was tough today to find the right motivation, to play well, to move on the court. He clearly didn't play as well as in his 2 other matches, he felt a bit tired after yesterday's match because he had also trained a lot before the match.
There was no intensity, even at 5-1 in the first set he wasn't playing well at all and it was just Bennet giving him too many points. That's why he wasn't careful enough in the 2nd set, it was really tough to get into the match today.
But he now knows how to win these matches when he isn't playing well, it's been one of his main improvements last year. Today was another example.

Must have been an ugly match!

someone to shoot me.....................................
Old 12-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #56
country flag Truc

He plays Mika in the final tomorrow after Bennet-Paulo (start at 3pm).

He has never won a set against Mika.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #57
country flag rtgy

Quote:

so now is the time for Gillou to simply... "kick his ass on the final" !!!

ALLEZ GILLOU ! ! !

Old 12-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #58
country flag Elena.

Elena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I would like to see it !No streamings ?
Elena. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #59
country flag Truc

It's still on the same channel (Sport+), so most probably not.
His match won't start until 5 pm.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #60
country flag Truc

Cornetto says in L'Equipe that Gilles is "really strange". But she can't wait for the Hopman Cup.
« Pour l’ambiance, c’est carrément super de jouer avec Gilles. Il chambre pas mal. Il va bien me faire ch… Mais ce n’est pas grave, on va essayer de se supporter. (Rires.) On s’aime bien, mais il a vraiment un caractère hyper bizarre et drôle. Je pense qu’on va bien s’éclater. »
“For the ambiance, it’s really great to play with Gilles. He teases quite a lot. He will certainly give me a hard time. But never mind, we will try to put with each other (she laughs). We like each other, but he really has a very strange, funny character. I think we’re going to have fun.”

Mika said that too when he was asked about Gilles like the entire French tennis after the Seb and Bennet comments - he said Gilles is "particulier" (a bit odd) and has a "special sense of humour", but he has no problem with him. He must really be a bit disconcerting sometimes.