News thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:52 AM   #16
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News thread

He gets a warm welcome from the other guys who arrived one day before, Chardy, Serra, Montcourt, Recouderc... (Jo isn't there yet, he will arrive tomorrow according to another article). Gilles: "It's nice to see them again. We are scattered to the four corners of the world playing tournaments all year long. We don't have many occasions to see each other, just a few days from time to time when we are training at Roland-Garros".
He says he likes the area because he has good memories from the training camp in Saint-Cyprien last year and also because he's from the South of France and he went sometimes there on holiday with his family (it's an article in the local newspaper).
They leave immediately for a hike on the Canigou and will spend the night in a refuge. "I like working on my condition. I'm not repelled by that part of the preparation."
The expectations will be higher next year: "People will now pay more attention to my results for sure. But I don't put myself under pressure. The only important thing for me are the people who come to see me play. The ones who pay and buy a ticket to attend a performance. I'm not allowed to disappoint them."
Does he have a new mission? "Somehow, yes. I can be a model for the young guys of the Team France, like Escudé or Mathieu were for me the first times I took part to these training camps by the age of 18. That's why I'll have to be beyond reproach in the next few days. I can't afford to skip a cross-country race, to lag behind during the moutain-biking in Sorède.... So yes, I can't go in hiding and I'll do my utmost to keep a good spirit in the group."
The goals for next year: "I'll try to gain consistency. I'm in the top 10 now. Needless to say I'd like to stay there, even though it won't be easy. I'll need to do well in the Slams and the Masters Series, the events which bring a lot of points".

Last edited by Truc : 12-06-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #17
country flag littlesai

littlesai has a reputation beyond reputelittlesai has a reputation beyond reputelittlesai has a reputation beyond reputelittlesai has a reputation beyond reputelittlesai has a reputation beyond reputelittlesai has a reputation beyond reputelittlesai has a reputation beyond reputelittlesai has a reputation beyond reputelittlesai has a reputation beyond reputelittlesai has a reputation beyond reputelittlesai has a reputation beyond repute

which hotel did he stay in Mauritius?

is he going to spend Christmas in Nice or Neuchatel?
littlesai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #18
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for new news Fran (right, oh my I've got anxiety about getting all the real names/forum names mixed up )
anaquot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:05 AM   #19
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Some news from Saint-Cyprien:
Quote:
Le cauchemar de Gilles Simon
Vingt kilomètres de souffrance et quelques dizaines de minutes à serrer les dents. Tel a été le menu concocté par Paul Quétin, le préparateur physique du Team France, tôt hier matin pour une douzaine de joueurs, alors que le soleil arrosait d'une lumière orangée les premiers contreforts des Albères. Mais de ce panorama sublimé par l'automne, le n°7 mondial n'en avait cure. Lui qui n'était pas remonté sur un vélo depuis un an et une ascension déjà mémorable jusqu'au pic du Néoulous en décembre 2007, a renoué hier avec le pédalage en danseuse jusqu'au col de l'Ouillat (936 m). Casque rouge sur le chef, le Niçois avouait même une fois la ligne d'arrivée franchie "qu'il n'était pas encore prêt pour le Tour de France" et qu'il avait vécu "un vrai cauchemar". Le temps d'avaler un bon plat de pâtes et toute la troupe (Recouderc, Montcourt, Serra...) retrouvait la plaine pour une séance réparatrice en piscine à St-Cyprien. Aujourd'hui, les joueurs auquel se joindra Jo-Wilfried Tsonga retrouvent les raquettes aux Capellans pour six jours d'entraînement.
A. H.
http://www.lindependant.com/articles...-Simon-Vi.php5

Yesterday was cycling day, 20 km in the mountains, but he didn't enjoy the superb view a lot. He hadn't ridden a bike for one year and had a hard time. At the finish, he just said he isn't ready for the Tour de France yet and it was "a real nightmare". Then some pasta and everybody (Recouderc, Montcourt, Serra...) went back to the thalasso center to recover.
They will resume the tennis training today. Jo apparently isn't there yet.

It also says there will be a video on Monday on the website of the local newspaper, I'm not sure I want to see this!

Last edited by Truc : 12-06-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #20
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles hasn't been on a bike for a year In a way its comforting to know that he does have weaknesses The video will be interesting He probably didn't enjoy the view cos he didn't notice it,concentrating so hard on staying on the bike Good sense of humour he has

Thanks Fran for the report.

Gilles might enjoy today a bit more if they're just tennis training today

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #21
country flag Truc

He plays a lot of tennis, but for the rest he says himself he's a bit of a lazybone. I know Marisa said last time the Chinese media were reporting he was spending much more time in the gym than the other players, but I was surprised because he and his physical trainer Paul Quétin both say in interviews he doesn't want to work on his condition during the tournaments. Gilles also meant in the video interview after Bercy he just goes jogging a couple of times a year during the off season.

But his former coach Potier probably used to stress that too much in the past, he was really poking fun at him, he had also hung a poster at the entrance of Roland-Garros saying "Gilles, the gym is that way ->", etc. So Gilles had a terrible reputation in that regard, that's why he often stresses now he does train hard! And I don't doubt he does to have the results he has, but I don't think he is a hardworker à la Robredo & Co.

Last edited by Truc : 12-06-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #22
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
He plays a lot of tennis, but for the rest he says himself he's a bit of a lazybone. I know Marisa said last time the Chinese media were reporting he was spending much more time in the gym than the other players, but I was surprised because he and his physical trainer Paul Quétin both say in interviews he doesn't want to work on his condition during the tournaments. Gilles also meant in the video interview after Bercy he just goes jogging a couple of times a year during the off season.

But his former coach Potier probably used to stress that too much in the past, he was really poking fun at him, he had also hung a poster at the entrance of Roland-Garros saying "Gilles, the gym is that way ->", etc. So Gilles had a terrible reputation in that regard, that's why he often stresses now he does train hard! And I don't doubt he does to have the results he has, but I don't think he is a hardworker à la Robredo & Co.

Thanx for those reports Fran!!!
I can't wait to see this video...........
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #23
country flag Truc

I saw he's announced on the TV show "Le Grand Journal" on the 15th of December (next Monday), but it might change until then.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #24
country flag Truc

There are tons of stuff about the guys in Saint-Cyprien because it was media day yesterday:
http://www.eurosport.fr/le-collectif...07/story.shtml (with some little pics)
http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/65995/...-grand-chelem/
http://www.rtl.fr/fiche/2718480/tenn...-francais.html (audio interview)
etc.

Nothing really new, he likes the life and training as a group, with different generations, he likes there are young players together with them too. Apparently, he confirmed he will play the Masters France. And always the same questions about the competition with the other Frenchies and with Jo in particular - he's said so many times already it's not a problem for them, on the contrary!

Last edited by Truc : 12-10-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #25
country flag Truc

There are a few articles about Gilles in the last issue of Grand Chelem.
It's about "The Fantastic Four". Gilles is The Thing, Richard is the Invisible Man, Jo The Human Torch and Gaël Mr. Fantastic.
It's free, you can download it here:
http://v2.welovetennis.fr/medias/mag...ag10.BSDEF.pdf

I haven't read it yet, I don't know if there's anything interesting.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #26
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are a few articles about Gilles in the last issue of Grand Chelem.
It's about "The Fantastic Four". Gilles is The Thing, Richard is the Invisible Man, Jo The Human Torch and Gaël Mr. Fantastic.
It's free, you can download it here:
http://v2.welovetennis.fr/medias/mag...ag10.BSDEF.pdf

I haven't read it yet, I don't know if there's anything interesting.
Gilles as the Thing is just

I just read Moretton's interview (kind of like the guy) and glanced throught the rest, bah nothing new beside the Gilles ad you've already posted. (it's just as poorly written as per usual from those guys. )

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #27
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

A guy after my own heart, I knew there was a reason why I liked him
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #28
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I saw he's announced on the TV show "Le Grand Journal" on the 15th of December (next Monday), but it might change until then.
And I just heard that he supposed to be in Moscato Show on RMC the same monday. Mahut & Benneteau was invited today.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #29
country flag Truc

Thanks! So that means he won't be on Canal, the Moscato show is live too, I guess? I've never heard that programme.

(I see they have podcasts on the website, was the one with Nico&Bennet interesting?)
Old 12-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #30
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I just heard the end so I don't know what they said but in this show they speak Cash.

Gilles peut faire RMC a 18h et partir pour Canal+ pour être sur le plateau à 20H en deuxième partie. Lundi sera une journée media je pense.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote