News thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #136
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News thread

I think we probably look at stuff from a girl's point of view, (difficult not too when you're a girl ) if a girl says "I'm a little less close with this person" she probably means something a bit more. When men say it, they mean it as they say it. Girls are just too complicated
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #137
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie1 View Post
I wonder how true that is? When Matts Wilander was commentating on AO he said that when he coached PHM, the competition between the French guys was really fierce and that the only thing that mattered was who was French number 1. Other rankings didn't matter to them.
Well Mats Wilander talks so much B.S its unbelievable.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #138
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
Well Mats Wilander talks so much B.S its unbelievable.
he does it in such a nice voice though most of them do talk nonsense. My fave commentator was Dan Maskell but you may be too young to remember him

Last edited by reggie1 : 02-06-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #139
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
There definitely is intense rivalry between Gilles and Richard. There's no denying he's close to both Gael and Jo but there definitely isn't too much love lost between him and Gasquet no matter what they say. Yeah, I remember hearing on the commentary at Shanghai I think it was and they were saying how importan the French #1 was for the French boys because of all the prestige and commercial appeal it brought with it in France so it would make sense that it's incredibly important. I didn't know Mats coached P-H M. You do learn something new every day!
Quote:
It's just my own personal opinion mainly but I have read an interview where Gilles admits he's not as close to Richard as he is to the other two. I think he said something like 'I get on with Richard a little less well' or something like that

I can assure you there is no bad blood at all between Richie and Gilles Gilles is exceptionnaly close to Gaël and Jo because of the past they share (sleeping in the same room for years when they were teens, training together every day back then, etc.) So of course he would be less close to Richard, as with most of the other Frenchies, but they never spoke bad of each other, quite the contrary. Richard always said how he found it normal that Gilles was top ten, that he deserved it, etc (there weren't that many Frenchies to recognise it) and Gilles always acknowledged Richard's talent, he also said Richard was the kindest of them all.

They also said that being French number 1 seriously doesn't mean anything, they don't fight for that kind of reward. And I think Gilles was angry towards the medias who made Richie a living god, not towards Richard himself (cf his "Richard should have told them all to f*ck off, he's too nice" )
So really, no problems there

Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #140
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder how true that is? When Matts Wilander was commentating on AO he said that when he coached PHM, the competition between the French guys was really fierce and that the only thing that mattered was who was French number 1. Other rankings didn't matter to them.
Oh. so that's what PHM has been telling him.. good to know.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #141
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with you Vicky ... I love Mats Wilanders voice. I could listen to him forever!!! You're right though in fairness. We are too complicated and I guess I was trying to over-analyse things which I have a habit of doing! Keijan, what you said makes sense. Gilles' anger probably IS at the media and not at Richard himself. It's probably just the media sprouting BS and trying to stir things up. Like I said, it was my over-analysis that caused the problem. I'm glad it caused you to post such a cute pic though Keijan. Thanks!
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #142
country flag reggie1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
Oh. so that's what PHM has been telling him.. good to know.
PHM probably said something really innocent like "It would be great to be French number one" and that has somehow become an intense rivalry according to Wilander. The commentators just want to generate their own headlines a lot of the time. Pat Cash being a prime example. I only mentioned what Wilander had said as I genuinely didn't know.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #143
country flag reggie1

I've seen that before, I read somewhere that Gilles has a thing for peanut M&M's and then I saw that pic of him eating them and it just made me laugh.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #144

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
PHM probably said something really innocent like "It would be great to be French number one" and that has somehow become an intense rivalry according to Wilander. The commentators just want to generate their own headlines a lot of the time. Pat Cash being a prime example. I only mentioned what Wilander had said as I genuinely didn't know.
It never fails to amaze me how things get blown up in the press that start off as little innocent comments ... Andy Murray is a case in point. He made a joke to a reporter about not supporting England in the World Cup and all of a sudden Andy Murray hates England and English people. He was vilified in the press for what was a complete and utter joke. The press do it all the time to everyone. They love putting their own spins on things. We, unfortunately, take the bait sometimes though
Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #145

So that's what he's eating ... I wondered what he was eating!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #146
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you had seen them all before ! There are the other two :

He's eating M&M's... the green ones, it seems if he's still eating them, no wonder he has some "problems" during his matchs !
Old 02-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #147

I don't know what it is but I can see what people see in Gasquet in those photos. No I hadn't seen them before Keijan. They're great. Thanks! I didn't know M 'n' Ms gave you 'problems' during matches
Old 02-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #148
country flag Brownie

Brownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond repute

They look so young! Gilles is really intent on eating his M&Ms and tuning out the rest of the world, huh?

Quote:
I don't know what it is but I can see what people see in Gasquet in those photos.
That's he's so darn adorable?

Brownie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #149

He does look really sweet in those photos I have to agree with you Lauren. They're definitely the nicest photos of Richard that I've ever seen
Old 02-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #150
country flag Keijan

Quote:
I don't know what it is but I can see what people see in Gasquet in those photos. No I hadn't seen them before Keijan. They're great. Thanks! I didn't know M 'n' Ms gave you 'problems' during matches
They do say that green M&Ms have some special caracteristics, which would explain a few things that happened to Gillou lately

Maybe "freakin adorable" is indeed the word you're looking for to qualify Gasquet