Football and other sports - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #46
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football and other sports

I still owe you the match-report, so here it is ... and believe me when I say it was the definition of insanity and awesomeness:

The match had a 6pm start, and during the first half, I got roughly 50 cardiac arrests because Kaiserslautern (whom I've wanted to see live once for quite some time) were in front of the goal every so often and really dangerous. FCK were in control most of the time with their pressing and all. However, they just couldn't finish to save their lives - either would Alex Walke save or they just didn't score otherwise. *wipes sweat* 41 minutes into the game, SVWW had their best chance during the first half (Benjamin Siegert and Madi Panandetiguiri also had some, but ... ya know?) ... as I told you yesterday evening already, my boy had Ronny König Show and it was him, of course. But unfortunately he missed the target, because Lautern's keeper Robles had a point blank save. Wow. I know in the meantime that Ronny was really pissed off at himself for that - he said he chose the wrong technique to score, so he missed it. He also said that the guys cheered him up in the locker room and told him "You'll get your chance in the second half!" Little did they know what would happen ...

The second half started off with K'lautern being again aggressive, but my boys now knew how to play them and didn't allow them too many chances anymore (aside from a really dangerous freekick, which was amazingly saved by Walke). And then the show started ...

66': Sascha Amstätter passes the ball to Ronny, FCK defender Amedick tries to get the ball out of the danger zone, but doesn't succeed. Instead, the ball is now right in front of Ronny's boot. All he has to do is to slam it in. YAY!! SV Wehen Wiesbaden 1, Kaiserslautern 0.

So we all - as long as we were supporting SVWW - got up and cheered like mad. I had just sat down again, when THIS happened:

68': Sanibal Orahovac (he came on the pitch after the break, he subbed Dennis Schmidt) scores another goal (and Ronny is somehow involved in this one as well ... asdfghjkl ...). SV Wehen Wiesbaden 2, Kaiserslautern 0.

HELL YES!

From now on, the guys were on fire:

71': Benjamin Siegert's totally amazing cross makes its way to Erwin Koen who scores a cracker of a goal. Volley. Hallelujah!
My thoughts in that moment: "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! F*CK YES!!" Because mind you, K'lautern are second of the table, while Wehen Wiesbaden have the weakest offense of the entire league.
SV Wehen Wiesbaden 3, Kaiserslautern 0.

73': Kaiserslautern are dangerous again in front of the goal, and Srdjan Lakic (an ex-Hertha player) scores their first goal. In my opinion, it was a bit doubtful, since Alex Walke was pushed in that moment, but the ref allowed the goal nonetheless. Crap.

HOWEVER ...

76': RONNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! There he is and scores another goal, his second of the evening and his fourth of the season. Again, Sascha Amstätter has the assist for that one. Holy crap!!! SV Wehen Wiesbaden 4, Kaiserslautern 1.

I was so totally happy for him ... he deserved these two goals so much!! And you know what? I knew all the time he'd score yesterday, and there he goes and scores two. Yay. (I sent my friend an SMS in that moment: "I love this guy! Two goals, and I am watching this live. *faints*")

And yes, you counted that right - FIVE goals within TEN minutes! Now if THAT's not insane and awesome, I don't know what is.

The fans were now singing "Einer geht noch, einer geht noch rein!" (a very popular chant when a team keeps scoring a lot of goals, and SVWW were on a roll last night!) and "Lautern wir hören nichts!" (yelled at the opponent's fans when they are totally quiet because their team is down or something). It was absolutely amazing! A real party.

Ronny was subbed by Sandro Schwarz (83'), and the fans chanted "Ronny König Fußball-Gott!" and applauded him a lot. Awwwww ... He also said in an interview that it felt special to him to have scored against his ex-club (he was playing for K'lautern's second team before signing for Wehen-Wiesbaden).
*fangirl mode on* I can't help it, but I totally dig his voice as well ... *fangirl mode off*

Kaiserslautern scored one more 89 minutes into the game (Lakic again), and Sanibal Orahovac had a chance to extend the lead to 5-2 shortly before the final whistle was blown, but what the heck, the boys were freaking amazing last night, and I am so, so proud of them!!!

After the match, the team celebrated together with the fans, they did the so-called "Humba", and the boys were jumping around on the pitch like crazy. And you all know what happened after the "Humba" ... *sigh* Namely ... high-fiving my boy. asdfghjkl ...

I left the stadium a bit after 8pm, and walked back to the railway station, in a state of total happiness. Because let's face it - how often do you get to see matches like that?

----

I don't even care that much about the fact that my throat was totally sore yesterday from screaming and celebrating so much. And yes, I also caught a bit of a cold, but whatever. What happened yesterday was so totally worth it. And I also have another SVWW scarf now; one side is black and has "WIR SIND EIN TEAM" (We are a team) on it, the other side is red and has SV WEHEN WIESBADEN on it. Yay.

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #47
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi, I am very happy you had such a great time

I really would like to contribute more to this thread, but I am not that much into football (except European or World Championships), so my posts would only sound very strange...

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #48
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi Unglaublich Ronny smiled at you and high fived you,awesome Kiwi I am so pleased for you What an amazing game too

Its so nice when players take time out for their fans especially someone as devoted to their team,a particular player as you are Kiwi

Birte,nice to see you in here You contributed just by coming in here And if ever you have thoughts no matter how strange you think they might be on football,any other sport,we'd love you to share them with us

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #49
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute

Birte, nice to see you in here, too. Well, you don't have to necessarily talk about football, this thread is open for all kinds of sports outside tennis. So just feel free to babble about any kind of sport you might fancy.

Di, I was in heaven on Friday evening. And after all I've been through the days and weeks before, it felt so damn good to witness this. It was a fantastic experience, especially when I got to high-five Ronny. It was perfect, an insane football match, amazing atmosphere, totally happy SVWW players and all ... can't wait for December 7 now, because that's when I will be seeing the lads again and hopefully they'll win again. Friday's match proved that the team still has the potential to win, and if they can keep that up, they'll be out of the relegation zone soon.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ... asdfghjkl ... HERTHA!! Wow, we defeated the best team of the league, TSG Hoffenheim, 1-0 this evening! Apparently, our defense was amazing, since we didn't allow the best offense of the league to score against us! Yay. Now that's what I call a clean sweep, since the four teams I care about the most all four won, and some of them even in a very nice manner.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 11-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #50
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi,Hertha beating Hoffenheim,never in doubt I can see it will be a long time before you come down to earth,I don't blame you All four of your teams winning too,wunderbar You deserve to savour it, what is it they say in German? 'Prost!'

Old 11-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #51
country flag KiwiChica

Okay, my boy Ronny was on TV on Monday evening. Since I wasn't at home, I set my VCR, but something screwed up and my VCR didn't record ANYTHING. Okay, nevermind, there's a re-run. WHICH MY VCR DIDN'T RECORD, EITHER!! However, hr (a regional TV channel) put the interview online, and I watched the interview there. HOLY CRAP!!

The guy is so, so gorgeous! I was just a bit sad that his interview didn't last longer and that Kickers Offenbach's (another regional footie team) keeper was being interviewed in between. Argh. Oh well. My friend told me she got the interview and also the match from Friday evening. Yay.

Also, football magazine kicker was full of Ronny praise on Monday. So of course I had to lay my greedy paws on that issue. Well well. And NO, I am NOT obsessed, what makes you think that?!

This Friday, SVWW have another away game, at Osnabrück. I am all in for another glorious victory! And Hertha are up vs Hamburger SV, that should be an interesting one, too.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA

Last edited by KiwiChica : 11-12-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #52
country flag but-it's-ok

Kiwi that pic of your boy Ronny is hot,thanks for posting him out of his football kit,he scrubs up rather well

What is it with VCRs? I'm glad your friend rescued the interview,match for you I'm going to google Ronny I think Just to see what I can find out

Good luck to your teams this weekend Kiwi

I'll catch up with all the European results later this weekend, cos I'm going to Norwich tomorrow for a few days. We have a very vital game vs Swansea Trouble is Swansea are a very good side, and they have the best looking manager in English football in Spaniard Roberto Martinez He speaks fantastic English with a Welsh lilt, his Spanish accent is fading very fast

Old 11-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #53
country flag KiwiChica

See, I told you he's drop dead gorgeous, and trust me when I say that I almost keeled over when I high-fived him, because he looks even better in the flesh ... His charisma is absolutely amazing!!

Okay, here's some basic info about him:

D.O.B.: June 2nd, 1983
Place of Birth: Lichtenstein (near Chemnitz, Saxonia)
former clubs: SSV St Egidien, Chemnitzer FC, 1. FC Kaiserslautern II
plays for SV Wehen Wiesbaden since: 2006
contract until: 2010
position: forward
shirt number: 13 (used to be 29 when they were still in 3rd division)
height: 1.90m
weight: 93kgs
favourite stadium: Camp Nou, Barcelona
players that should appear on his dream-team: Kaká, Ronaldinho, Messi, Henry, Gerrard and Ballack
favourite movies: Pirates of the Caribbean I-III
favourite food: spaghetti with scampis
something that is never missing in his fridge: cola

other tidbits:
- apparently left-footed (there was a little game at the show he was on on Monday evening and the guests had to shoot on target, he said "I'm left-footed" ...)
- scored a hat-trick within seven minutes (I am getting that match, too)
- his neighbour is Marko Kopilas (vice-captain), they sometimes play video games together
- he kisses his boots before a match (said so in an interview which was on SVWW's homepage; dunno if he's still doing that, but it cracked me up)
- almost left the theatre while watching "Spiderman 3" (tbh, the first one sucked already)
- has a fanclub somewhere (my guess is in his hometown), I haven't found out anything about them, yet, I just know that he is still in touch with them and that they sometimes come to watch him play if they can make it
- answer to the question what he'd do for a million Euros: "I'd cut the grass of the pitch in our BRITA Arena with scissors. And if I had the million then, I'd support my hometown club, SSV St Egidien, with the money."

... anything else you want to know?

Other than that ... WTF, LIVERPOOL?!

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA

Last edited by KiwiChica : 11-14-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #54
country flag but-it's-ok

Kiwi, vielen dank Thats so much info

Norwich lost again We were winning 1-0 through Italian striker Artur Lupoli (through good passing), and then we threw away the game when Swansea levelled the scores just before halftime 1-1, 2 minutes of madness at the start of 2nd half we're losing 3-1. A freak own goal gave us some home with 20 minutes to go, but my God the defence is!!!!!!!!! Final score Norwich 2 Swansea 3. They won because they passed the ball, and defended tighter, we tried to pump the ball in the air,to the smallest forward of ours(Leroy Lita) their players were bigger than ours, why oh why, lads don't you keep the ball on the floor for the whole game??!!!!!! We do have players that can run at defenders and terrorise the opposition a little bit, but we're too!!!

Hertha won again I see Happy that Liverpool are still doing really well in the Premier League, Stevie G

Last edited by patchett : 11-16-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #55
country flag KiwiChica

You're very welcome, Di. All the info I posted was from his player's profile on SVWW's website, various articles and interviews I came across.
BTW, I now have him in 70cm x 50cm on my wardrobe, so I can see him whenever I go to sleep. And my friend and I will probably go and stalk him and the rest of the team during a training session not too far into the future. Yay. I hope to get my pic taken with him then, but I usually succeed in such missions.

Hertha ... well, they had me close to another heart attack when HSV went up 1-0 in our homebase, but four minutes of awesome were enough to send them packing. *wipes sweat* Still high-flying (currently, we're fourth), still strong, still awesome. I really hope we can keep that up and won't collapse again ... like we usually do at some point.

Liverpool Now all I need for is to Chel$ki to make way up there and I am satisfied. I want the title back where it belongs - at Anfield.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 11-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #56
country flag but-it's-ok

I just knew you'd use that pic of Ronny as your avatar Kiwi

I think Hertha will stay strong

I would give anything for Norwich to be 4th from top, as it is we're 19th, theres 24 teams in our Division

Last edited by patchett : 11-17-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #57
country flag KiwiChica

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
I just knew you'd use that pic of Ronny as your avatar Kiwi

I think Hertha will stay strong

I would give anything for Norwich to be 4th from top, as it is we're 19th, theres 24 teams in our Division
Errrr, am I really THAT predictable? Nah, seriously, that screencap was too hot not to make use of it.

BTW, I forgot some dates:

I mentioned the teams he was playing for before joining Wehen; here they are together with the years when he was playing for them:
- SSV St Egidien (???-2000)
- Chemnitzer FC (2000-2004)
- 1. FC Kaiserslautern II (2004-2006)

And you know what? I found some pics of him in his SVWT kit from his very first season there (match as well as his mug shot from the team back then). Yay.

Usually, we collapse at one point of the season and fall into a slump. But for some reason, I don't really see that happening this season.

Best of luck to Norwich!

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 11-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #58
country flag KiwiChica

Yay, GO ME! I found two (small) team photos of Chemnitzer FC from the 2003/2004 season. Hi Ronny! I am such a stalker, really.

Speaking of Ronny:

Dear Eintracht Frankfurt,

HANDS OFF RONNY KÖNIG!!!

No love,
Kiwi

Rumour has it once again that Eintracht Frankfurt want him, probably already after the winter break. I don't approve of it one single bit. I hate that club, and I don't want my boy playing for them. The teams' bosses both denied it, coach Christian Hock said his contact to Ronny was that close that he'd knew if there was any truth to it. The only vague comments came from Ronny's manager. *stomps*

Worst case scenario: Ronny gets booked for the fifth time vs 1860 Munich next week and won't be playing in the match vs Augsburg (so I won't get to see him) and then signs a contract at Eintracht Frankfurt in the next transfer period. Ugh.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 11-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #59
country flag but-it's-ok

Talking Re: Football and other sports

Kiwi I want to rep you for the lovely info you found for me about Ronny. It won't let me As soon as I can rep you I will I hope you're feeling better

Well Norwich won Fantastic Away from home with 10 men on the pitch after 20 minutes of the game, our centre-half 'The Doc' got sent off for a foul deemed serious enough for a straight red card

Three minutes later we scored, a nice cross from our midfielder David Bell driven in by Matty Pattison, his 1st goal for Norwich Of course then we let them draw level before half-time

Midway through the 2nd half we got the winner, courtesy of an own goal I mean our striker Leroy Lita was simply standing alongside a couple of Forest players The last player to touch the ball was ironically born in Norwich, Chris Cohen. He only lived there for 1st six months of his life

Pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doc sent off.jpg (22.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Matty 1st goal for Norwich vs Forest.jpg (13.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Matty celebrates.jpg (17.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg the winning own goal!!.jpg (15.9 KB, 0 views)

Old 11-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #60
country flag KiwiChica

Again - you're very welcome about the Ronny fact-sheet. I enjoyed doing this.

I feel a bit better, the antibiotics kicked in, and I don't have those horrible coughing fits anymore. However, as I told you, I was close to a nervous breakdown while following our match in Bochum yesterday. Dear Lord, that was close! Almost blowing a 3-0 lead? Shame on you, Hertha! But we pulled off the victory. Yay. So we're still fourth, one point short of Bayern. It's so amazing, no one expected us, "one of the most bland teams in Germany", to be up there, and what do we do? We're on a roll and join the top teams.

I am following Wehen Wiesbaden's match on livescore right now, and it seems to be a good one. Ronny would've almost scored, but missed the target. Geez! Come on SV WEHEN, win this thing!!

Oh and NICE WORK Norwich! Yay! You must be so happy!!

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA