Football and other sports - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #31
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football and other sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
It makes football lovers want to tear their hair out when a performance is so poor. I always ask afterwards 'Well then what did they do on the training pitch?' 'Did they even train?'
Exactly. This is exactly what I am going through again and again - pulling hair and thinking what they might have done during practice. Because right now, it really hurts to watch (and care) about SV Wehen Wiesbaden. I actually feel sorry for two players out there. Goalkeeper Alex Walke (without him, they would've even conceded more goals; but what can you do as a goalie if your defense is non existant?) and of course my boy Ronny König, because he is usually all by himself out there. The midfield pretty much doesn't exist, either, and what are you supposed to do as a striker if you don't get passes you can make use of because each and every opponent knows that it is the same thing again and again: long passes to Ronny which don't reach him too often because their opponents "steal" the ball. But for some unknown reason, coach Christian Hock (short: C.H.) sticks to his tactics and doesn't change the system the slightest bit. The result? Last ranked, the fewest goals scored, the most conceded (RW Oberhausen have the same stats: 8 scored, 21 conceded, they'll be playing tomorrow). I know there is also Sabidal Orahovac, the team's top scorer (having scored four goals so far, in nine games), but as I said - it's mostly Ronny whom they try to get the ball to. The team play a little better when Dennis Schmidt comes on the pitch, so if I were C.H., I'd bring him and Ronny from the beginning, and Orahovac "behind" them. But I think that is WAY too much of an attacking team, because the tactic in St Pauli was to defend, defend a little more, and defend. Well, we all saw where that lead to.

Having said that, what pisses me off to no end as well is that they keep conceding goals after free kicks and corners like there's no tomorrow. What the hell are they doing in their trainings?? Standards, btw, were SVWW's weapon last season, and they're now used against them. Oh well. I hope there'll be changes soon and they start to play FOOTBALL soon, because THIS is really depressing.

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA

Last edited by KiwiChica : 10-25-2008 at 01:08 PM.
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #32
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute

LIVERPOOL FC, I freaking LOVE you guys! Xabi Alonso, you are my hero!

Yayayayay!

And now, is it too much to ask for a Hertha victory in Dortmund today?

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 10-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #33
country flag Tommy_likes_me

Tommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_likes_me has a reputation beyond repute

I usually don't follow soccer but my other local team (FC Inter) won the Finnish championship a few moments ago.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #34
country flag KiwiChica

Congratulations on winning the championship, then!

Well. Once again, we gained a point in a match which we should have lost. Dortmund were the better team, they had more ball possession and whatnot, but still we managed to draw them in their homebase. We got a penalty in the first half, and all I could think was "Please don't let Marko Pantelic do it!" (Pante is known for failing at penalties; last time, he missed the goal by several inches ). So new guy Cicero takes the penalty and ka-boom, we're up 1-0. Yay. But in the second half, Dortmund continued playing the way they were playing before halftime, and that way, their equalizer was justified. We can consider ourselves lucky that we didn't lose out there. I was close to a cardiac arrest while following the match on livescoring ...

Being a -devoted- football fan is definitely not good for one's health.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 10-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #35
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

A bonus point for Hertha then, Kiwi And yes being a devoted football fan definitely doesn't promote good health and well being

Liverpool They snapped Chelseas 86(yes EIGHTY-SIX) unbeaten run of games at The Bridge. Awesome

Leroy Lita,our on-loan striker from Reading says he wants a further loan spell with Norwich So, lets hope that can be arranged(crosses every part of the body that can be crossed) The fans love him, the players really like him, so hands off Premiership clubs,he wants to be with us!!

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #36
country flag KiwiChica

The 0-0 draw vs FC Ingolstadt doesn't help SV Wehen Wiesbaden a lot. The only good news is that they didn't concede, however, they should have won this match. Ronny missed the goal twice, so did several other players. Oh, and coach CH decided to play with two strikers yesterday, he had Dennis Schmidt and Ronny König up front. Apparently, that seemed to work a little better, as SVWW indeed were better yesterday, although they couldn't finish. Hm. The team are going to Fürth tomorrow to take on SpVgg Greuther Fürth on Friday evening. That's gonna be a real toughie, since Fürth is one of the top teams.

Also, I got my ticket for the SV Wehen Wiesbaden vs 1. FC Kaiserslautern match next Friday. Yay, front row! I will probably also go to their last home game of the year vs FC Augsburg.

My Hertha Boys are playing at home vs Hannover 96 tonight. And there's a lot of trouble inside the team. There is a huge power struggle between our life insurance Marko Pantelic and coach Lucien Favre. Today, Pante stated in an interview that he feels f***ed over by the team, that they aren't honest with him. While he has the support from the fans, it's not the case from manager Dieter Hoeneß and Lucien Favre. He is such a diva, but sadly, we depend a lot on him. *sigh* Oh well.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 10-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #37
country flag KiwiChica

asdfghjkl ... 3-0!!! WE WON!!! YAY!!! We kicked Hannover 96's asses back to Hanover. Yay. Gosh, do I love my team right now! Marko Pantelic, Andriy Voronin and Valeri Domovchiyski scored for us. Wheeeee! I told you we'd rock the league this season.

I am still totally giddy about my ticket for the SV Wehen Wiesbaden vs 1. FC Kaiserslautern match on Friday ...

Front row. And the SVWW boys warming up directly in front of my nose.

(edited because by now you guys have seen the ticket ...)

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA

Last edited by KiwiChica : 11-02-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:29 AM   #38
country flag deanna

deanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, very lucky for a front row ticket!
Nice work; Enjoy yourself

.JuanCarlosFerrero.DavidFerrer.
.ArnaudClément.FilippoVolandri.SimoneBolelli.JuanMonaco.
.FernandoGonzalez.FelicianoLopez.
Ferrero Tard #29
deanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #39
country flag KiwiChica

It is usualy not that difficult to get a front row ticket there. My dad said I just wanted to have a front row ticket because I wanted to have a better view on the players' asses. Depending on how I feel (and I feel like it quite a lot, to be honest) I will also order a ticket for the match vs FC Augsburg in early December.

Anyway. Hertha and Liverpool - shame on you! Man, I was pissed off yesterday, that is for sure. *shakes fist* At least Barcelona didn't let me down.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 11-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #40
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Kiwi I was pretty fed up with all my teams yesterday. Even Valencia lost

I saw the Barca game, the conditions were dire, so wet and the pitch was very muddy. Very impressive play from Barca, Thierry Henry, the guy is a genius

I just watched the East Midlands derby Derby County vs Nottingham Forest, they are in the same league as Norwich. The best incidents came with minutes to go. Derby were shooting in, they had a penalty it was saved, minutes later they scored and the referee disallowed it for no good reason at all, perfectly clean header, there was no-one offside, or fouling anyone But actually I am happy with a draw because it means neither team get much closer to Norwich in the league table

Deanna,do you like cricket? I hope you do,Australian cricket is awesome Michael Clarke,Brett Lee,Ricky Ponting I am desperate to talk to someone about cricket. Or maybe I should see if there is a Cricket Thread out there. Does anyone know if there is one? (Plea for help) Thanks

Old 11-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #41
country flag KiwiChica

*passes out*

I hear that Wehen-Wiesbaden's lovely little stadium - BRITA Arena - very likely will be sold out vs Kaiserslautern on Friday evening. Oh wow. That's gonna be fab, then. I am so excited about it already!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand - I will be going to their last home game of the year vs FC Augsburg. I asked my friend (with whom I am usually going) whether she felt like coming along, and she said yes. So I ordered front row tickets for us yesterday. Wheee. Don't tell me I am ... that's nothing new. Besides, I feel really low at the moment, so indulging myself in football is a very welcome cure to heal the pain for a moment.

Di, I don't know if you've seen it, but there's a cricket thread in the non-tennis section here on MTF.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 11-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #42
country flag but-it's-ok

Great that you're going Wehen Wiesbaden's last game of the year too Kiwi Sorry you're feeling low,lets hope the football lifts your spirits

I got some rare good news about Norwich. Leroy Lita our striker who has been on loan to us from Reading, is going to stay with us for another month on loan, up to and including the home game against our arch local rivals Ipswich on Sunday 7th December Trouble is the rest of the team are just ****. He likes the players, they like him but he has to make things happen by himself, because they don't give him any service

Our predicament is even getting to our longest serving player Adam Drury, usually a quiet,unassuming guy. He has urged the players to start playing as a unit. I can only hope and pray....

Old 11-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #43
country flag but-it's-ok

Kiwi btw I found the Cricket Thread,thanks for the tip

Not long to go now before the big game tomorrow night for you In case I don't get in here before tomorrow evening, hope Wehen Wiesbaden strut their stuff for you Enjoy the game Kiwi

Old 11-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #44
country flag KiwiChica

Oh great, we drew Metalist Kharkov 0-0. If we're barely scraping through in this whole group stage, I'll be furious as all hell. I know that we can play football, but sometimes, we're minimalists out there. Oh well. At least we didn't lose. But the goalless draw doesn't help us that much, either.

Di, thank you so much for your kind words regarding my effed up situation and tomorrow's game. I am so excited about it, it is almost unhealthy. I hope that during the time in the stadium I will be really able to forget all the crap I am going through right now and leave my worries behind. *sigh* And since I'll be sitting where the SVWW boys are warming up and close to the pitch I am sure I will have some fun. No pics, though, because I am not allowed to take my professional cam in there without a special "license", and my mom's little cam is broken, so is my old one. Oh well. I hope for a nice Wehen-Wiesbaden victory tomorrow evening. I can feel it, the boys are going to rock tomorrow and cause a bit of an upset. (K'lautern are currently second, but lost surprisingly to two lower ranked teams while playing away from their notorious Betzenberg, and why shouldn't the underdog have a chance?)

More when I am back home, which will be in approximately 24hrs ... Wheeeee!

Also - our tickets for the Augsburg match arrived today. They are SO FAST at that ticket thingy! Lovely.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 11-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #45
country flag KiwiChica

Thank you, SV WEHEN WIESBADEN, for being entirely awesome today and defeating 1. FC Kaiserslautern 4-2. The best thing about it - my boy had Ronny König Show and scored two goals ... yay. I am still so happy! I sensed he'd score today, and what does he do? He scores TWO lovely goals.

But it all got topped with what happened after the game ... I kept waiting a little while to celebrate with the team, and afterwards, Ronny came to the fans and handed one of them his shirt. *jealous* Then he high-fived a couple of them and made his way to where I was sitting. Well, okay, I was standing in that moment already, so when he was right there, I decided NOW or NEVER: "WELL DONE RONNY!"

HE THEN SMILED AT ME AND HIGH-FIVED ME AS WELL!!

asdfghjkl ... I tell you - I still haven't entirely realized it ... it was so amazing! It was just one short moment, but it surely made me feel over the top. And he looks so freaking gorgeous in the flesh, really. *sigh*

I had a real blast there, the match was totally insane as five goals were scored within ten minutes or something, and I am so totally glad that I went. Gotta LOVE SV Wehen Wiesbaden. *nods*

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA

Last edited by KiwiChica : 11-08-2008 at 08:37 AM.