Football and other sports - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #16
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football and other sports

Football-wise, this weekend had it all for me.

First, we lost to last ranked Energie Cottbus. Why is it that we always are piss poor when we have to play vs them? Oh well. So they scored sometime during the first half and managed to keep that result till the final whistle was blown. Hertha 0, Cottbus 1. Feck. Glad I went out to watch The Dark Knight again, otherwise, I'd have been entirely pissed off in front of the radio.

Liverpool, however, won the Merseyside Derby vs Neverton 2-0, both goals scored by Fernando Torres. Yay! Haven't seen anything of the match, but I am very happy. Liverpool FC rocks!

Later on, there was the Barcelona-Derby, Espanyol vs Barça. While I am totally not that much into La Liga anymore, I still have a soft spot for Barça. What happens? Espanyol are up 1-0 and it takes some time until Barça strike back, even though Espanyol were shorthanded in that match since one of their players (Nene) got sent off. Barça win 2-1 there.

Today, there was SV Wehen Wiesbaden vs RW Ahlen. I was really optimistic after the Cup victory on Wednesday evening, but alas, it was not meant to be today. SVWW once again sucked completely, especially the defense. 16 minutes played and Ahlen are up 2-0 already. I fear another slaughtering! Second half ... 71' ... GOAL! SVWW. And take a wild guess who was the one to score? RIGHT. MY RONNY! Yay! But the tiny spark of hope didn't glow too long, as RW Ahlen scored again 72 mins into the match. If SVWW continue playing like that, it's 3rd division next season. HEAVEN FORBID, of course, but ... they seriously need to get their shit together and start to play football again! Also, next up is FSV Mainz 05, a derby match which will be televised (yay), and Mainz are currently 2nd. Mainz won both matches last season in style (3-1 and 3-0). That's gonna be REALLY tough, and I am afraid my SVWW boys will be steamrolled out there ...

Finally, to top this slightly crappy weekend - my most hated F1 driver won in Singapore today. I am not much of an F1 fan anymore, but I want anyone to win BUT THAT DUDE!!! I can't stand Alonso, and I don't care how great his race today supposedly was. I just don't want to see him anywhere NEAR the podium! Gah.
Okay. Rant over.

FC ST. PAULI - LIVERPOOL FC - FC BARCELONA

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #17
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I am pretty much talking to myself here, but WHAT.EVER.

Pic of our most recent victory:

We won in Leverkusen today, and that match was totally crazy. Leverkusen, being second of the table and thus the clear favourite on the sheet, had the game in control, they had more shots on target and more ball possession. However, they just couldn't score for whichever reason. What happened then was sheer brilliant, albeit lucky as well:

Our skipper Arne Friedrich gets the ball and passes it to Andriy Voronin. All Voronin had to do next is to outplay L'kusen's defense and slam it in - which he did (89'). Leverkusen 0, Hertha BSC 1. Yay. It was pretty much our first and only real chance and there we go and score that freaking goal. OMG. I totally freaked out in front of the radio and the computer. Ha! Ironically enough, Voronin scored against (one of his) ex-club(s). His last Bundesliga goal was in a Leverkusen - Hertha match some time ago (they said so on the radio). Talk about full circle here!

That was our third victory on foreign territory (we won 3 out of 4 away matches, that one loss happened in Munich in August), while we aren't all that great when being at home (two draws, one loss). But I LOVE my team, really!

Also, I ordered Steven Gerrard's autobiography and a DVD with the most insane football match EVER - the 2005 CL final.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA

Last edited by KiwiChica : 10-04-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #18
country flag KiwiChica

asdfghjkl ... I GOT IT!! I ordered it on Thursday afternoon and it was delivered today already. Thanks to the SVWW fanshop for being so fast - I'd gladly order some more stuff from them! What I am talking about? This thing of course - and it looks so freaking HOT! in real
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zeshirtmtf.jpg (290.1 KB, 12 views)

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 10-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #19
country flag deanna

deanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice top

.JuanCarlosFerrero.DavidFerrer.
.ArnaudClément.FilippoVolandri.SimoneBolelli.JuanMonaco.
.FernandoGonzalez.FelicianoLopez.
Ferrero Tard #29
deanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #20
country flag KiwiChica

I am still so totally giddy about it! Now the guy just has to sign it, but I am sure I will find means and ways to get that done. I'll definitely wear it next Sunday when I am in front of the comp again to follow their match vs FSV Frankfurt on livescoring. Yay. I usually don't buy shirts with names and numbers on them anymore, but in this case, I gladly made the exception.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 10-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #21
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi, I am soooooo glad you got the shirt Congrats on beating Leverkusen

Well Norwich just go from one disaster to another, losing at home to Derby last Saturday, no recognised defenders in our squad as things stand,they're injured/suspended

I went to an FA Cup qualifying game yesterday in my beloved Norfolk. An all Norfolk tie between little village team Wroxham and Kings Lynn(70 miles from Norwich). Kings Lynn won 2-0. One of our former players Alex Notman played for Wroxham. Ironically he has transferred from Kings Lynn to Wroxham. He had to quit football whilst he was playing for us a few seasons ago due to a series of knee,leg injuries I cried for most of the match with joy,I was just so glad to see him again.

And a good night for England winning 5-1. Spain won again, Germany beat Russia, thats a pretty good result. Its actually looking good for World Cup qualification, though there is still lots of time for things to change...

I will find some pics of the match, but I forgot my camera didn't I? Some friends took some, but whether I'll get to see them

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #22
country flag KiwiChica

Do you guys want to know the REAL reason why I love football? Well, it's the sexy hotness of the players, of course! This pic was taken by me, and it shows some SVWW players warming up before a match. Oh THEIR ASSES! *has butt-fetish* This is what happens if you give Aunt Kiwi a frontrow ticket and a camera with a lovely zoom! Also, Ronny is on the pic as well, he's the blonde guy on the left:

Here you can see his very handsome face:

Another football hottie would have to be Clemens Fritz, he plays for Werder Bremen:

one more:

So completely adorable!!

Just kidding, of course. Yes, I do think that (some of) the lads are hot, but that is just the icing on the cake. I've loved football since my early childhood, so there. I just can't stand those fangirls who only swoon over a player like, "OMG He's so HOT!" but don't know anything about the sport itself.

While there is international action going on this evening, I am already focussed on the weekend. We are playing at home vs VfB Stuttgart. Stuttgart were our favourite opponents last season, as we won both matches in style against them. Yay.

SVWW also have a homegame, another derby vs FSV Frankfurt. I really hope for one, no two things:
a) them not conceding again, their current goal stats is 5-18, 13 of those goals conceded in the last three (!) matches, whilst only one goal scored in those three games (Ronny vs Ahlen).
b) a victory. They need a victory SO BAD! They have collected three points so far, all three from draws. Ugh.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA

Last edited by KiwiChica : 10-19-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #23
country flag KiwiChica

Two things I learned today:

1) We still know how to win at home: Hertha BSC Berlin 2, VfB Stuttgart 1
2) We are also able to win without our "life-insurance" Marko Pantelic. Maximilian Nicu and Gojko Kacar scored for us.

Also, we're in the top third of the table - we're currently fourth! FOURTH!! This is so amazing! Bayern, fyi, are only 11th or something. I really believe that our coach Lucien Favre is achieving what he aims at. Give him and the team a couple more months and we'll rock the whole league even more. Awesome.

Hertha, I love you!

SV Wehen Wiesbaden tomorrow. They HAVE to win or it's getting even more ugly.

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 10-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #24
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi those lads are hot,thanks for posting the pics You must be thrilled with the way Hertha are going in the Bundesliga, lets hope it continues

Old 10-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #25
country flag KiwiChica

See, we have hot guys here in Germany as well. Not just the Spanish NT ...

I also hope that we can keep up with our good work there in Berlin. It's been a while since I had so much fun supporting Hertha BSC.

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway. I freaked out totally today. The reason: my beloved SV Wehen Wiesbaden boys won their match vs FSV Frankfurt 3-1 today. Admittedly, it was more luck than anything else, but it doesn't matter. The three valuable points they have gained are more important than that. I was especially thrilled when Ronny scored again. Really nice one, boy! Dad kept teasing me everytime Ronny was to be seen on the screen during the summary of the match: "Ohhh, THERE he is!!". I just did this: . However, when Ronny was briefly interviewed on telly, I couldn't stop awwwing. The guy is drop dead gorgeous. I hope they'll keep that up now, because the next match will be a toughie again, it's vs FC St Pauli on Friday evening. Bring it on!

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 10-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #26
country flag but-it's-ok

Norwich did the unthinkable last night. They actually won!!! Norwich City 5 Wolves 2 Wolves were the league leaders in The Championship.

The Wolves keeper comically carried the ball into his own net to start the fun Then came a hat-trick by Leroy Lita our on-loan 5 ft 7 striker, then Lee Croft made it 5-2. They scored a penalty minutes before Lita got his hat-trick.

Enjoy the picture gallery

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/s...A07%3A11%3A130

Come on Liverpool

Old 10-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #27
country flag KiwiChica

Congratulations on that spectacular victory, Di! A hat-trick? Yay, I love when that happens!

Yesterday evening, I was watching our match vs Benfica. We had the match in control most of the time, but two things sucked: the final pass and that we simply couldn't score to save our lives. So at the beginning of the second half, Benfica score out of nowhere. WHAT?! I was so pissed off in that moment, you have no idea! However, we'd be nowhere if we didn't have Marko Pantelic (he was benched for the bigger part of the game, but then Favre sent him on the pitch), and he scored a real cracker of a goal. Absolutely amazing stuff there, Pante! He may be a diva, but we do need him, I think. Voronin would have almost scored as well, but he missed the goal by an inch or something. I yelled GOAL! already but had to realize that the ball didn't go in. Bottom line, we could (maybe even should, seeing that we had more chances) have won this, but our inability to score only led to a 1-1 draw. Oh well.

On Sunday, we'll be in Dortmund and want revenge for the DFB Pokal loss some weeks ago.

SVWW are playing vs St Pauli tonight, and I can't wait. Also, as it looks, I will be going to their match vs 1. FC Kaiserslautern (a huge name here in Germany, lots of tradition and such) on November 7. I'll be freezing my butt off as it is on a Friday evening, but yes, I am that hardcore, and I can still get a front row ticket. Will order the ticket soon.

Yay, live football!

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 10-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #28
country flag but-it's-ok

thats hard luck Kiwi Thanks for the congrats for Norwich

Norwich have been much the same all season, all the possession, but no goals....until Tuesday night I'm going to watch our game at home to Doncaster tomorrow. I hope we will progress from the great performance on Tuesday night,I wish I had actually been at the game But,I couldn't go because of work, and then I caught a bad cold, which is only now clearing up.

Of course what happens to our hat-trick hero, he's the subject of enquiries from Premiership clubs like West Bromwich Albion. He's on-loan from fellow Championship club Reading, and only has 2 weeks with us, unless we can extend his loan somehow before some Premiership club gets him, we just have to keep him

Enjoy SV Wehen Wiesbaden - all the best to your boy Ronny, good luck to Hertha against Dortmund

Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #29
country flag KiwiChica

Oh for f***'s sake!!! How piss poor and pathetic can you be? Yikes. Yes, I am talking about SV Wehen Wiesbaden here. They sucked so much in today's match vs FC St Pauli ... absolutely NO will, NO fighting spirit, NO attacking football. It hurts to see them play like that. They only had what, one or two good shots on target, one of them of course was Ronny's attempt 83 (!!!) minutes into the game, when the show was over already, and St Pauli were up 2-0 (both goals scored within less than five minutes ... ), but the ball only hit the crossbar. I just hope they'll win vs FC Ingolstadt on Tuesday evening ... although I have absolutely NO idea how they'll be able to.

And you know what? I just bought a ticket to their homematch vs 1. FC Kaiserslautern on November 7 ... I think I'll be witnessing a hammering, because K'lautern are up there among the top teams. Ugh. I must be masochistic, somehow?

SV WEHEN WIESBADEN

ARMADA ESPAÑOLA
Old 10-25-2008, 07:04 AM   #30
country flag but-it's-ok

It makes football lovers want to tear their hair out when a performance is so poor. I always ask afterwards 'Well then what did they do on the training pitch?' 'Did they even train?' I sigh and think 'Come on, it takes 2 sides to make a game of football'