Wanting a new racquet - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
country flag bishi

bishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wanting a new racquet

I haven't played consistently for about the past 10 years. Mostly sporadic playing with people below my level. I used to play competitively in tennis camps and for high school, etc. I am, if I had to guess right now, about a 4.0 player and am going to be starting in a league very soon and hopefully will be playing more routinely.

I have 3 Wilson ProStaff 4.2 Classics (95sq) that I have been using since I used to play in high school. Never got around to upgrading since my playing habits decreased over the years. What would be a good racquet to consider? Perhaps something about an ounce lighter but still headlight and the same headsize? Or if I kept those what string type/tension does anyone remember working well with that frame? Thanks for any and all information.
bishi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting a new racquet

you should check out the kpro tour. the headsize is 96 square inches and the weight 314g, so its a lighter, more manouevrable and powerful pro staff.

if you want to keep the same frames, a string some for a friend of mine who has them at 58lbs with a soft synthetic string. seeing as you havent played that much, i would go lower, around 52, to help open up the stringbed a little
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #3
country flag bishi

bishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond repute

thanks! sounds good I think I will check out the racquet to compare
bishi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
country flag mojoo999

mojoo999 is on a distinguished road

You should check out this one www.wilsonracquet.net/babolat-racquets