OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #106
country flag FedAce

FedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Yes offcourse Ferrer should win like Cornet should but theres no logic sometimes in tennis gambling like all gambling, just remember if it was easy we would all be millionaires
I agree with you Ryan. Let me do this on paper little longer and i will let you guys know what i am picking. I have money already in the off shore accounts in Caribbean. but i don't have any open accounts in Europian books. Wonder if should open one there ????? and Is what Nastoff is saying about you can change your bet in middle of the match true ? My off shore books won't let you change once the match starts. thanks.
FedAce is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #107
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

i just made green the reputation bar of FedAce

hopefully his betting career is green also

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #108
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post

It won't stay green long when Its Like that gets here.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #109
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Red means that your frantic postings have reached a critical level and the system needs time to recouperate. Its like when you blow up a balloon, if you dont stop blowing eventually it bursts.
No, it just means that BG needs to stop scratching his arse and finally put child lock on ILT's account.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-17-2008, 02:35 AM   #110
country flag FedAce

FedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thank you so much, i got a good start with Alize Cornet match. I also am looking forward to a good davis cup weekend as well.
FedAce is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #111
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedAce View Post
Sorry if i souund immateur, didn't mean to. Why is the BAR on bottom of my Avatar a RED color ??? everyone elses bars are Green ??
Yours were red because you are a nonce.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #112
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so in your opinion, how do i get it back to Green ?? and i need more reputation points. can you guys get me some ?
Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #113
Banned!

Quote:
FedAce, do you bet with hamurger money?

Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #114
Banned!

Quote:
I bet with real money, off shore account.
I think that is illegal where you live.

I might report you.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #115
Banned!

Quote:

Wtf did you do that for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
It won't stay green long when Its Like that gets here.
scarecrows undid all my good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burro View Post
No, it just means that BG needs to stop scratching his arse and finally put child lock on ILT's account.
I really don't understand why people take such offence to those tiny red dots?

You should see some of the PM's I've received in the past, pleading with me to give them goodreps instead. Of course they simply receive more badreps than they otherwise would have.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #116
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
You should see some of the PM's I've received in the past, pleading with me to give them goodreps instead. Of course they simply receive more badreps than they otherwise would have.

haha, do you still have any of them?
I remember people were going nuts about reputation points once

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-18-2008, 05:22 PM   #117
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post

...btw, thanks for my latest instalment, dick-pole.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #118
country flag cardio

cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok so lets just say that i bet on Andy Murray on every single match he plays for the year. I should come out way ahead, right ?
Actually , I think it is interesting idea. To pick one player who you think will have great success and bet on every match he plays. I wonder if anyone tried it? Most obvious example is Rafa on clay. Everyone knows he is the best claycourter,but you can still make money using this very common knowledge.Rafa played 23 matches on clay this year and won 22. Of course his odds in early rounds were very low, perhaps 1.03 or 1.04. But I´m sure in QF, SF, Finals against players like Ferrer, Davydenko, Djokovic , Fed, his odds were lot higher, up until 1.6 at least against Fed . Lets say 500 bucks on every Rafa match on clay, lets say average odds on Nadal @1.15.
Total stake 500x23 = 11 500
Total return 500 x 22 x 1.15 = 12 650
Profit 1150 bucks. Too bad I didnt have this idea before clay season started
cardio is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #119
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardio View Post
Total stake 500x23 = 11 500
Total return 500 x 22 x 1.15 = 12 650
Profit 1150 bucks. Too bad I didnt have this idea before clay season started
Laying out a total of 11.5k just to pick up over a k over the course of 23 matches is not the best idea in the world. Jig tried it this season and it was going well until the Ferrero match where he got stung. For the large part, it does seem like easy money when you have a player that dominant.

However, if you've got 11.5k to play with you should be able to find selections at far more backable prices to make use of, risking far less and potentially winning alot more.

At the end of the day, backing in this manner (re:Nadal) can only be done in very exceptional circumstances over very short periods of time, and even then it can be destroyed in an instant because of one off day, as happened with Nadal/Ferrero and the blisters/tiredness etc.

Not the way to go.

If you did want to back a player over the course of a season, it would have to be a player yet to explode who you believed would do over the course of the season, thus being able to back them at consistent stakes throughout the season at odds against. And again, this is only ever going to last for a short period, as the books would soon be adjusting the prices on said player.

All in all, it's unworkable either way for sustained and continued growth.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-18-2008, 07:38 PM   #120
country flag cardio

cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Laying out a total of 11.5k just to pick up over a k over the course of 23 matches is not the best idea in the world. Jig tried it this season and it was going well until the Ferrero match where he got stung. For the large part, it does seem like easy money when you have a player that dominant.

However, if you've got 11.5k to play with you should be able to find selections at far more backable prices to make use of, risking far less and potentially winning alot more.

At the end of the day, backing in this manner (re:Nadal) can only be done in very exceptional circumstances over very short periods of time, and even then it can be destroyed in an instant because of one off day, as happened with Nadal/Ferrero and the blisters/tiredness etc.

Not the way to go.

If you did want to back a player over the course of a season, it would have to be a player yet to explode who you believed would do over the course of the season, thus being able to back them at consistent stakes throughout the season at odds against. And again, this is only ever going to last for a short period, as the books would soon be adjusting the prices on said player.

All in all, it's unworkable either way for sustained and continued growth.
I meant 500 bucks on every match, when match is over you get back your stake with profit and can do it again in next round. You dont have to have 11 K free money to spend. Of course there is always risk to lose your stake like happened against Ferrero, but as long you dont put your previous profit in, it should work. As for books adjust to players success.. they do, but I dont think we`ll see Rafa @1.05 against Fed in clay final any time soon. Rafa won in Monte Carlo and his odds in Hamburg final were not significantly shorter. Rafa won in Hamburg and his odds in RG final were still around 1.5-1.6. Rafa destroyed Fed in RG, won in Queens and he was still underdog in Wimby final. We have to keep in mind that there are plenty of morons ( including myself) who dont like to bet on fav and who hope that miraculous upset will happen just 3 hours after they put their last money on underdog.
cardio is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread