OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #76
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

They are joking with you, mocking you really.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #77
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedAce View Post
Thank you for you extremely Wise advice. Only thing is that i know Tennis extremely well. I have been following and playing tennis for over 20 years. i am also good at picking head to head matchups. Things like knowing if one player owns dominant record over the other player. Is the player on a hot streak or is he in a slump or is he dead tired from playing 2-3 weeks in a row. Or is the player highly motivated to do well in a certain tournament or does he have ton of points to defend in that particular tournament. How does one player's game matchup against the other player's game if they have not played each other before. Does the player's strength apply well to his opponent's weakness ? Lets say if the guys has one of the best backhand crosscourt in the game, does that shot apply well to his opponent's weakness like his running backhand.? Tennis is so much about applying your strength to your opponent's weakenss, and understanding how well can this be done ? Can this pro achieve this in a match and how strong is he mentally to pull it off ?
Okay, clearly I mis-underestimated your knowledge there, although I did cringe when I read your post on the future Davis Cup venues/surfaces etc. These types of mistakes can happen to anyone, but they're ones that are easily avoided, and can obviously impact on your long-term yield.

Anyway, the fact remains that you can have an excellent tennis knowledge but struggle to make it as a bettor. In which case, my advice is still that you should spend some time watching how a handful of bettors go about their business, and see if you can pick up on some solid techniques. But if your current strategy really is working as well for you as you say it is (but this must be long-term...a few months isn't long enough imo), who are we to advise you to do anything different? GL with it all.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #78
country flag Mecir

Mecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1.5 odds mostly or 2.5 odds.
ok i take back everything i said earlier. don't listen to anyone else...you are ready! In fact you should start tomorrow. But just remember to post all your bets on this forum so we can all tail you and make squillions. you will become like a god and will be worshipped.

i'm excited already waiting for your first pick
Mecir is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #79
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What does it mean, taking the piss out ?????????????????

How old are you? You sound like a wind up kid betting with his Parents pocket money.

Let them pay the bills and stop pestering them for tenners everyday for fuck sake.

Sorry man but you sound like your taking the piss like others are saying.

Last edited by Iván : 09-15-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Iván is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #80
country flag FedAce

FedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burro View Post
Okay, clearly I mis-underestimated your knowledge there, although I did cringe when I read your post on the future Davis Cup venues/surfaces etc. These types of mistakes can happen to anyone, but they're ones that are easily avoided, and can obviously impact on your long-term yield.

Anyway, the fact remains that you can have an excellent tennis knowledge but struggle to make it as a bettor. In which case, my advice is still that you should spend some time watching how a handful of bettors go about their business, and see if you can pick up on some solid techniques. But if your current strategy really is working as well for you as you say it is (but this must be long-term...a few months isn't long enough imo), who are we to advise you to do anything different? GL with it all.
Thank you so much again for your wonderful advice. World is truly better place casue people like you, seriously. Even though i have ton of tennis knowdledge, i will take your advice and study this section of the forum and see what the more Experienced betters do before jumping in with real money. I owe you a Eternal Gratitude. World needs more people like you.
FedAce is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #81
country flag FedAce

FedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post

How old are you? You sound like a wind up kid betting with his Parents pocket money.

Let them pay the bills and stop pestering them for tenners everyday for fuck sake.
Sorry if i souund immateur, didn't mean to. Why is the BAR on bottom of my Avatar a RED color ??? everyone elses bars are Green ??
Old 09-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #82
country flag superboy2006

superboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond reputesuperboy2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not sure, i have not been keeping track of it. should i ?? I have been mostly betting on 1st or 2nd rounds on favorites. what do you think ??
Dont even think about betting on short faves in a long-haul distance.....youd better start contemplating bets starting from 1.5 and strive to achieve the price of 2.0 or higher.....
superboy2006 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #83
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

FedAce it doesnt matter what anyone sais on here you have your own mind and your own money and its clear you believe your ready so go for it and if it fucks up atleast youve tried, post your bets on this site and keep a record etc

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #84
country flag Thrasher

Thrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry if i souund immateur, didn't mean to. Why is the BAR on bottom of my Avatar a RED color ??? everyone elses bars are Green ??
Red means that your frantic postings have reached a critical level and the system needs time to recouperate. Its like when you blow up a balloon, if you dont stop blowing eventually it bursts.
Thrasher is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #85
country flag FedAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
FedAce it doesnt matter what anyone sais on here you have your own mind and your own money and its clear you believe your ready so go for it and if it fucks up atleast youve tried, post your bets on this site and keep a record etc
I could start this weekend with Sam Querry vs Ferrer ? I would pick Ferrer on that one. or could start with WTA in Japan ? Alize Cornet vs Caroline Woziniak. I would pick Cornet on that match. I think Cornet is more experienced and more determined at this point.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #86
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I could start this weekend with Sam Querry vs Ferrer ? I would pick Ferrer on that one. or could start with WTA in Japan ? Alize Cornet vs Caroline Woziniak. I would pick Cornet on that match. I think Cornet is more experienced and more determined at this point.
Ferrer has been terrible lately though worst form ive known him in

Cornet should do it

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 09-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #87
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Red means that your frantic postings have reached a critical level and the system needs time to recouperate. Its like when you blow up a balloon, if you dont stop blowing eventually it bursts.

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 09-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #88
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #89
country flag FedAce

Quote:
so in your opinion, how do i get it back to Green ?? and i need more reputation points. can you guys get me some ?
Old 09-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #90
country flag FedAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Ferrer has been terrible lately though worst form ive known him in

Cornet should do it
Agree that Ferrer is in bad form. but on clay, i don't think Querry matches up well with Ferrer. for example, Ferrer's strength is his Return game and clay will deaden the effectiveness of Querry's serves as well. and with Querry, if his main weapon is neutralized then he seem to get lost and become real unsure of himself. + this is Querry's very 1st Davis cup experience in a hostile land. also, Ferrer becomes a different guy in home crowd/play for your country type of situation. so all these factors added up looks to me like Ferrer in straight sets or in 4 sets. do you Agree ??
Closed Thread