OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 04:34 AM   #61
bad gambler

Default Re: OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
I'll give you the same advice I give to all my friends.

Don't gamble.
I can't believe Jim has come up with the best post in this whole thread

FedAce concentrate on your studies (I'm assuming you are still in school) and forget about gambling.
View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 04:48 AM   #62
country flag Mecir

Mecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

Quote:

Don't gamble.
Truer words have never been spoken.
Mecir is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 07:55 AM   #63
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedAce View Post
What does Chasing bets mean ????
You aint serious are you? this is a joke isnt it? ive been reading through this thread and icant believe what i'm reading

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 07:59 AM   #64
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is FedAce you only like the look of 1/6 shots or worse odds which means you will have to bet very big to make it worthwhile and even if you get 4 or 5 correct ni a row the 1 loss that could come next will wipe out all of your profit plus i have no doubt you would chase hard- enjoy gambling and dont look at it as a job where its easy money because its not easy and if it was why are there more betting sites and shops than ever? and they all are very rich

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #65
country flag Mecir

Mecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
You aint serious are you? this is a joke isnt it? ive been reading through this thread and icant believe what i'm reading
Yeah actually I've come to the same conclusion...

ok ha haha very good FedAce the jokes on us...
Old 09-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #66
country flag FedAce

FedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Problem is FedAce you only like the look of 1/6 shots or worse odds which means you will have to bet very big to make it worthwhile and even if you get 4 or 5 correct ni a row the 1 loss that could come next will wipe out all of your profit plus i have no doubt you would chase hard- enjoy gambling and dont look at it as a job where its easy money because its not easy and if it was why are there more betting sites and shops than ever? and they all are very rich
Ok, lets say you bet $200 to win $100 and hit 3 or 4 in a row. then you win $400 right there. From there you are not betting all you have. You continue to bet the same amount and NOT get greedy. with this kind of bets, it is hard to lose 3-4 in a row. Especially in early rounds of grand slams, usually the player with the better head to head prevails. I had done this on paper so far and like i said my winning % is about 88 %. Can you still lose money with this kind of % ???
FedAce is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #67
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Don't gamble.
Fuck me (not literally)...you dispense proper advice?

Totally agree.

FedAce...I respectfully agree with the others here in telling you that you aren't ready. As jayjay et al have already pointed out, there isn't necessarily a link between an 88% strike rate and netting a profit from this industry...at least, not when you're betting 1.10 shots. It CAN be done (see MC2 thread over at Betfair forums), but it takes a great level of skill (notably selectivity) - a level that the average Joe probably isn't at (see tennisinsight - some of the posters with the highest strike rates).

You need to know your sport extremely well...you obviously have a solid interest in it, so that is good ground to work from, but it could still take a while.

Finally, as malisha (?) says, it is probably best to work out a "staking strategy" so that you won't haemorrhage your life savings should you go on a poor run (a "cold streak" happens to everyone btw)...for me, anyway, money management is the key (assuming that everyone can pick a winner - a given) to potentially becoming a profitable bettor.

Different people take varying times to learn the basics, but it can take many months, even years.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 10:30 AM   #68
country flag Mecir

You're serious aren't you
Old 09-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #69
country flag A_Skywalker

A_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK, i am newbie to tennis betting, i will admit it. But i have been doing it for last 6 month, just on paper, and i found out that i am pretty good at it. I am hitting about 88% of my picks. so i am thinking about going for it. What is your advice ? I also heard on the radio show that one of the tennis legends bets on tennis and he made $68,000 in past year, just on tennis bets. I think it was one of the Aussie Legends. Also, not sure if i should use a service that provides picks ? what do you think.?
88% winners but what were the odds?
THat is important.

Tennis Tipping and PAW Results
A_Skywalker is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #70
country flag FedAce

FedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Skywalker View Post
88% winners but what were the odds?
THat is important.
1.5 odds mostly or 2.5 odds.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #71
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

you are not ready, FedAce. wait another few years.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #72
country flag FedAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burro View Post
Fuck me (not literally)...you dispense proper advice?

Totally agree.

FedAce...I respectfully agree with the others here in telling you that you aren't ready. As jayjay et al have already pointed out, there isn't necessarily a link between an 88% strike rate and netting a profit from this industry...at least, not when you're betting 1.10 shots. It CAN be done (see MC2 thread over at Betfair forums), but it takes a great level of skill (notably selectivity) - a level that the average Joe probably isn't at (see tennisinsight - some of the posters with the highest strike rates).

You need to know your sport extremely well...you obviously have a solid interest in it, so that is good ground to work from, but it could still take a while.

Finally, as malisha (?) says, it is probably best to work out a "staking strategy" so that you won't haemorrhage your life savings should you go on a poor run (a "cold streak" happens to everyone btw)...for me, anyway, money management is the key (assuming that everyone can pick a winner - a given) to potentially becoming a profitable bettor.

Different people take varying times to learn the basics, but it can take many months, even years.
Thank you for you extremely Wise advice. Only thing is that i know Tennis extremely well. I have been following and playing tennis for over 20 years. i am also good at picking head to head matchups. Things like knowing if one player owns dominant record over the other player. Is the player on a hot streak or is he in a slump or is he dead tired from playing 2-3 weeks in a row. Or is the player highly motivated to do well in a certain tournament or does he have ton of points to defend in that particular tournament. How does one player's game matchup against the other player's game if they have not played each other before. Does the player's strength apply well to his opponent's weakness ? Lets say if the guys has one of the best backhand crosscourt in the game, does that shot apply well to his opponent's weakness like his running backhand.? Tennis is so much about applying your strength to your opponent's weakenss, and understanding how well can this be done ? Can this pro achieve this in a match and how strong is he mentally to pull it off ?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #73
country flag FedAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
you are not ready, FedAce. wait another few years.
I have been deeply involved in Tennis for over 20 years, i don't know how long more i should wait ??? also i do agree that you should know when and how many picks you go for. as an example, in a grand slam, if you are doing pretty well in your picks early,you should stop and move on to the next tournament. you should not get greedy and chase more picks deep into the tournament.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #74
bad gambler

Quote:
1.5 odds mostly or 2.5 odds.
You claim to be hitting 88% at those odds range? hmm looks like someone is cooking the books here.

Now I know this thread is just taking the piss out of everyone here.
View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #75
country flag FedAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
You claim to be hitting 88% at those odds range?

Now I know this thread is just taking the piss out of everyone here.
What does it mean, taking the piss out ?????????????????
Closed Thread