OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 AM   #46
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedAce View Post
Between your Great Advice and my experience in players head to head matchup, this bet is a 97% chance of winning so i am going to take this bet. and i am going to contine winning in Aussie open next year to boost my bank account then the bookies won't love me so much anymore.
I like your style. At 01:34 AM Spain had a 90% chance of winning. At 01:59 AM Argentina has a 97% chance of winning.

ps. Why are you so determined to lay out $1000 on DC O/R?
jayjay is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 01:08 AM   #47
country flag FedAce

FedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
I like your style. At 01:34 AM Spain had a 90% chance of winning. At 01:59 AM Argentina has a 97% chance of winning.

This bookie has very good odds on Tennis bets but they don't always have them. if i don't put it in now, it may not be offered later on. and this is actually pretty good looking odds if you ask me.
FedAce is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #48
country flag FedAce

FedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond reputeFedAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ps. this bookie has bets like this all the time in Grand slam matches,especially in early rounds. you have a obvious favorite with head to head of 3-0 and they will still have like +200 or +300 line, which means you just risk $200 and you win $100. 4 or 5 matches like that it is easy $500 in your pocket.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 AM   #49
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What does Chasing bets mean ????
Take a look at some livescore threads here during big tournies... we've got some posters who chase bets all the time around here.

Chasing bets is when you bet on a match you weren't gonna be involved just because you lost another bet, like:

You bet on Gasquet to beat Haas only for a day.

Then you see Gasquet will lose and you bet on, for instance, Mathieu to beat Querrey, even though you didn't intend to bet on that match before, to cover your losses. Mathieu loses too and then you got an even bigger deficit.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 01:24 AM   #50
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This bookie has very good odds on Tennis bets but they don't always have them. if i don't put it in now, it may not be offered later on. and this is actually pretty good looking odds if you ask me.
You do know that +150 is 6/4 and that Argentina are being offered at that price virtually everywhere, and slightly better in some places (5dimes)?

These are not very good odds - they're the odds you'd expect on this market at present.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 01:46 AM   #51
country flag FedAce

Quote:
You do know that +150 is 6/4 and that Argentina are being offered at that price virtually everywhere, and slightly better in some places (5dimes)?

These are not very good odds - they're the odds you'd expect on this market at present.
But they offer these odds on very Obvious bets in 1st or 2nd round matches in Grand Slams.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:51 AM   #52
country flag FedAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Take a look at some livescore threads here during big tournies... we've got some posters who chase bets all the time around here.

Chasing bets is when you bet on a match you weren't gonna be involved just because you lost another bet, like:

You bet on Gasquet to beat Haas only for a day.

Then you see Gasquet will lose and you bet on, for instance, Mathieu to beat Querrey, even though you didn't intend to bet on that match before, to cover your losses. Mathieu loses too and then you got an even bigger deficit.
I would NEVER bet on matchup like Gasquet and haas. they are too evenly matched, virtually either guy can win. that is no way to bet. Now if Gasquet was playing Roddick in a davis cup match, i would take Roddick every time and bet Huge. that is the kind of bets i like.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:53 AM   #53
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would NEVER bet on matchup like Gasquet and haas. they are too evenly matched, virtually either guy can win. that is no way to bet. Now if Gasquet was playing Roddick in a davis cup match, i would take Roddick every time and bet Huge. that is the kind of bets i like.
I used an example... I should have used Lendl and Edberg, so you'd understand. It doesn't matter the exact match-up.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #54
country flag FedAce

Quote:
I used an example... I should have used Lendl and Edberg, so you'd understand. It doesn't matter the exact match-up.
YOu would take Lendl big on that matchup,,,i would.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:57 AM   #55
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
YOu would take Lendl big on that matchup,,,i would.
You still don't get it.

OK.

Take care with your bets... I think you should, for sure.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:58 AM   #56
country flag FedAce

Quote:
You still don't get it.

OK.

Take care with your bets... I think you should, for sure.
What do you mean by "YOu still don't get it" ?????????? PLease explain, i humbly ask you.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:16 AM   #57
country flag Mecir

Mecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond reputeMecir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What do you mean by "YOu still don't get it" ?????????? PLease explain, i humbly ask you.
Fedace - it seems to me that alot of people here are trying to say that maybe you aren't ready for proper gambling.
Look in my opinion, tennis betting is pretty hard to actually bet on - for example International rugby union is something I think is pretty good to bet on.
Anyways that's beside the point - go away and do lots of research on the net - then come back later. You'll be sorry otherwise.
Mecir is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 02:19 AM   #58
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK, i am newbie to tennis betting, i will admit it. But i have been doing it for last 6 month, just on paper, and i found out that i am pretty good at it. I am hitting about 88% of my picks. so i am thinking about going for it. What is your advice ? I also heard on the radio show that one of the tennis legends bets on tennis and he made $68,000 in past year, just on tennis bets. I think it was one of the Aussie Legends. Also, not sure if i should use a service that provides picks ? what do you think.?
I'll give you the same advice I give to all my friends.

Don't gamble.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-15-2008, 02:21 AM   #59
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Again...

Let's say you checked the whole OOP for day X and you chose 2 bets.

Bet A and B. You are pretty sure.

For some reason, you realise you're gonna lose both of them.

Chasing a bet is making a bet C just to cover your A and B bet.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:29 AM   #60
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ps. this bookie has bets like this all the time in Grand slam matches,especially in early rounds. you have a obvious favorite with head to head of 3-0 and they will still have like +200 or +300 line, which means you just risk $200 and you win $100. 4 or 5 matches like that it is easy $500 in your pocket.
betowiec is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread