The first pro match I saw... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:50 AM   #1
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default The first pro match I saw...

Lendl vs Sampras - Final - NSW Open - White City - Sydney - Jan 1994

Back at White City where one of the oldest tournaments is played, the NSW Open... Lendl had cleaned up Sampras 7/6 6/4 the year previous, only months before, at the big US fall tournament at Philadelphia. Sampras was crowned Wimbledon champion for the first time just months before that.

Just I can remember Lendl walking on to court... all business. Just the swagger. They warm up flat and solid... fairly heavy like. And then brought out the big serves... Lendl out aced Sampras that day 12-6 and both guys just brought the heavy artillery all day.

Just to watch you would say Lendl was all over this match like a bad rash... returning up on the Rebound Ace baseline, one particular return Lendlmade where he moved like a can-can dancer with his leg kicked up horizontal springs to mind. The Sampras 1st ball was speared right at him and had him moving in super quick time... and parallel above the upright horizontal leg his racquet sat and just blocked a backhand return back... carefree.... and heavy.

Sampras won with the only converted break point of the match 7/6 6/4.

There was not too much fanfare.

Hard. Heavy. All shots displayed. Business O'Clock.

Game Over.
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #2
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The first pro match I saw...

In Houston, Wayne Ferrieria was playing in a doubles final.
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The first pro match I saw...

Nottingham 2005 SF, O. Rochus vs. M. Mirnyi

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote