Prince products - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
country flag Dirty Bert

Dirty Bert is on a distinguished road
Default Prince products

I have been reading many of the posts for a bit now and I hardly ever see any posts regarding Prince products. I play with the Speedport White and I love it. Just wondering??
Dirty Bert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince products

Pretty good, it has lot's of control. It's good for spin players, but someone like Karlovic shouldn't use one .
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:38 AM   #3
country flag ThizServe

ThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond reputeThizServe has a reputation beyond repute

i played with a few of the prince racquets and enjoyed the prince 03 speedport tour the most.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #4
country flag Dirty Bert

It just seems to me that many of the people here like and recommend other brands and discount Prince. I've been playing for a while now and I always thought Prince was top notch. I have played with the Speedport White like I said for about a year now and before that always seemed to lean to the Prince side. The Ozone seven is also very smooth as well. I played with the Speedport Black a little bit so I don't really have enough playtime with it to make up my mind yet. Just one guys thoughts...
Old 09-09-2008, 05:31 AM   #5
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

I was playing with Prince for three years, then switched to Wilson and though Prince was OK, I find Wilson better for me.
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #6
country flag Dirty Bert

If I was to try playing another racquet (not saying that I am...but if) what would say would be good? I heard the Head Microgel Radical was nice. I would also try the Wilson K-six-one just because of R-Fed. Other that that I dont know what else would be good. I am in between a 3.5 and a 4.0 player (depends what day you catch me).
Old 09-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

The reason is cause those dumb ******* @ prince started puttin "speedports" in the racket. The Last good winner prince had was the diablo mid, one of the best rackets ever
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:44 AM   #8
country flag StrayCat

StrayCat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Bert View Post
I have been reading many of the posts for a bit now and I hardly ever see any posts regarding Prince products. I play with the Speedport White and I love it. Just wondering??
Hey Dirty Bert,

As the first guy to make a Grand Slam final with an OS racquet -- The Prince Original Graphite -- I've got a soft spot for Prince. In the late 70's, when the first Prince frames made their way onto the pro tour, initially, they were a curiosity, and in some quarters, a joke. But not for long. In my view, the original Prince racquets were responsible for the most radical technical change in the history of the game.

A few years after their introduction, the Prince family of racquets, including the Pro, the Woodie, and the Graphite, had revolutionized the game. By the mid-80's, with all the major manufacturers taking Prince's lead, the old wooden racquets had become obsolete, throwbacks to days gone by. The change happened faster than anyone could've anticipated or imagined. It was a fascinating time to be playing, witnessing first hand the transition from knee-jerk skepticism and ridicule, to reluctant admission that Prince were on to something, and finally, to universal acceptance.

Which brings me to my point. Any time that new technology is introduced, there are *always* folk who dismiss it because it's too radical. I think that to a very limited extent, this is the case with Prince's Speedport technology. The Prince Speedport racquets feel much different than more traditional frames. But if you put them in the hands of, say, a really good 13 or 14 year old, a player who hasn't yet established in concrete his or her preferred playing characteristics of a racquet, chances are that the player will love racquets like the O3 Speedport Black or the O3 Speedport White. In fact, many of them do.

In Southern California, there are a number of highly ranked and very promising junior players playing with Prince Speedport racquets. Make no mistake, the Prince O3 Speedport White is a fine racquet.
StrayCat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:09 AM   #9
country flag Dirty Bert

Yeah StrayCat! Love the love for Prince. Like I said, I am playing with the Speedport White and I love it. It feels much more smooth to me then some of the other racquets I've played with. You know it cuts the air when you hear that woooosh on your swing.