ATP Media and WTA Tour launch digital match streaming partnership - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up ATP Media and WTA Tour launch digital match streaming partnership

good news just waiting for the price details now...

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008ne...ta_digital.asp

Quote:
ATP Media and Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Launch Landmark Digital Match Streaming Partnership

New media collaboration will create one-stop shop for fans of tennis online, showcasing live streaming and match highlights from sport’s top 40 Tournaments

NEW YORK, NY, U.S.A. – An innovative digital partnership was today announced between ATP Media and Sony Ericsson WTA Tour to create a single broadband online TV console to host and stream live matches and highlights packages from more than 40 of the game’s biggest tennis events beginning in 2009.

The partnership will offer global tennis fans unique access to live, top level tennis via the internet. In all, 20 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Premier events and 21 ATP World Tour Masters 1000s and 500s will be available on the new digital platform. With both Tour’s offering streamlined and more fan friendly calendar structures beginning in 2009, the digital initiative represents an important step towards presenting the sport to fans in a compelling and coordinated manner.

With 10 of the events on offer being combined or back-back tournaments on the Tours’ respective 2009 calendars, fans will be able to find men’s and women’s tennis online in one place. The subscription-based service will offer the opportunity for fans to watch matches live and highlights will also be available free of charge from both Tours. Packages will allow fans to subscribe to live action of either women’s or men’s events or a combination of both, providing more than 500 matches for the year. In addition, in-depth highlights, daily round ups, exclusive player interviews and behind-the-scenes features will add increased depth and colour to the output, and be offered in most cases free of charge to fans.

Stacey Allaster, President of the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, said: “The vast majority of tennis fans enjoy Tennis with a capital “T”, and today’s announcement represents an important step forward in presenting our sport to fans in a simple, compelling and unified manner. We are committed, along with partners like Sony Ericsson, to innovating our sport to make it as fan friendly and entertaining as possible. This collaboration with ATP Media marks a significant step forward in enabling more fans around the world to watch tennis week in and week out at the game’s most important events.”

Steve Plasto, CEO of ATP Media, said: “This exciting partnership with the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour is quite simply about all fans being able to access the very best action the Tours’ have to offer in a single online destination. This is a unique collaboration in tennis”.

ATP Media is the television and digital broadcast arm of the ATP and previously created the successful digital video platform of the ATP Masters Series and Tennis Masters Cup, atpmastersseries.tv.

The ATP Media’s current technical partner Perform, which hosts atpmastersseries.tv, will oversee a joint redesign of the site by both Tours to create a single URL. Existing and new Video on Demand, content, live scoring and lots more exclusive video will still be available on the Tours’ existing websites, ATPWorldTour.com and SonyEricssonWTATour.com.

Digital development at Sony Ericsson WTA Tour has moved apace in 2008. The Tour has progressed and enhanced its digital presence and output via the website – sonyericssonwtatour.com. Not only with live streaming of selected Tier I Finals but also the Video on Demand presented by Dubai Duty Free application, offering action highlights from tournaments and exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of life on the Tour.

The events that will be incorporated into the streaming platform include: the Medibank International in Sydney; the Open Gaz de France in Paris; the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championship, Dubai; Pacific Life Open, Indian Wells; Sony Ericsson Open, Miami; the Family Circle Cup, Charleston; Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Stuttgart; Internazioinali BNL d’Italia, Rome; Madrid Open, Madrid; Qatar Telecom German Open, Berlin; International Women’s Open, Eastbourne; Bank of the West Classic, Stanford; East West Bank Classic, Los Angeles; Western & Southern Financial Group, Women’s Open, Cincinnati; Rogers Cup, Toronto/Montreal; Pilot Pen Tennis presented by Schick, New Haven; Toray Pan Pacific Open, Tokyo; China Open, Beijing; Kremlin Cup, Moscow; Sony Ericsson Championships, Doha; Rolex Masters Monte Carlo, Western and Southern Financial Group Masters Cincinnati, Shanghai Masters, BNP Paribas Masters, Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, Rotterdam – ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament , Hamburg - Hamburg Open, Memphis – Regions Morgan Keegan Championships, Acapulco – Abierto Mexicano Telcel, Dubai – The Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships, Barcelona – Open Sabadell Atlantico Barcelona, Washington – Legg Mason Classic, Toyko – AIG Japan Open Tennis Championships, Basel – Davidoff Swiss Indoors Basel, Valencia – Open De Tenis Comunidad Valenciana.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Media and WTA Tour launch digital match streaming partnership

Awesome
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Phew! I thought when I first started reading it that I would be expected to pay for all the matches, when I only want to watch the men's matches.

Sounds good that the 500 (I hate that term) tournaments will be available as well. I really appreciate the current Master's series coverage so to have it extended to some of the lower tier tournaments will fill in the gaps between Masters nicely!

Now, if only we could get something similar for the slams. . .

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for sharing, ville sounds good to me
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #5
country flag CyBorg

CyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond repute

Available in all countries?

'A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.'
- Bertrand Russell
CyBorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #6
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

I had already read a while ago that they were going to do this for the Open 500 events but nice to have it confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
Phew! I thought when I first started reading it that I would be expected to pay for all the matches, when I only want to watch the men's matches.

Sounds good that the 500 (I hate that term) tournaments will be available as well. I really appreciate the current Master's series coverage so to have it extended to some of the lower tier tournaments will fill in the gaps between Masters nicely!

Now, if only we could get something similar for the slams. . .
I agree, when are they going to have them for the Slams? It's going to seem so ridiculous that we get such good coverage for all the lower tier tournaments then we have to put up with horrible coverage of the Slams. Clearly it's all the ITF's fault.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #7
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Once EDV is gone, shit is going good
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:42 AM   #8
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

hope its just as good as Masters-series TV is now
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:01 AM   #9
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
Once EDV is gone, shit is going good
it was his idea
Old 09-06-2008, 03:45 AM   #10
country flag HNCS

HNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond repute

Wohoo!

Richard Gasquet,David Nalbandian, James Blake,Marcos Baghdatis,Fabrice Santoro,Jonas Bjorkman,Mario Ancic,Mikhail Youzhny,Fernado Verdasco
HNCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:53 AM   #11
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #12
country flag GuiroNl

GuiroNl has a reputation beyond reputeGuiroNl has a reputation beyond reputeGuiroNl has a reputation beyond reputeGuiroNl has a reputation beyond reputeGuiroNl has a reputation beyond reputeGuiroNl has a reputation beyond reputeGuiroNl has a reputation beyond reputeGuiroNl has a reputation beyond reputeGuiroNl has a reputation beyond reputeGuiroNl has a reputation beyond reputeGuiroNl has a reputation beyond repute

I hope I can convert my AMS TV subscription to this one in some way.
Time for an ITF TV thing as well IMO.
GuiroNl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:31 AM   #13
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennistv.com/page/Home

new website, but no details yet
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #14
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I wonder what happens for those who paid a year's subscription to AMS.TV. I mean, surely this is more expensive so it won't just transfer over.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #15
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

This will be great! As for the slams i would love if they all had the same online stream feature as the do at the wimbledon site. But here in aus they cover RG and the US Open pretty well with Fox and side court AO matches. It's just channel 7's coverage of the Aus open that shits me. Considering im in the country (Perth) i would imagine i would get to see matches live
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote