Paradorn on clay - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
country flag Reaz

Reaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paradorn on clay

I have never seen him play on clay but i have read in many sites that he was notoriously weak on the surface.Has anyone seen him play on this surface and can provide suggestions as to why his game and play was so poor? Para could have done much more than his top rank of 9 in 03.Just my personal feeling.
Reaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paradorn on clay

I have seen him play. It's his style of play attempting to end points too quickly which undermined him. He tried to get more consistent with rallying by getting coaches but never got the chance due to his injuries.
My personal opinion he was just too stuborn to get a good coach which would have enabled him to remain in the top ten for longer.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:58 AM   #3
country flag Reaz

Reaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond repute

yes i do remember one clay matchup with the then clay king coria in masters monte carlo 2005 and had watched a little-para was trying to do all the shots from coria's book-like the audacious drop shot from the baseline.Anyway I remember P'dorn taking Middleton as his coach-it's so pathetic that he was Spadea's right hand man.Para had achieved a higher rank than that of Spadea.Why did he take him as Coach?.
As for his brother it was simply a motivational gesture.It could be done simply as a short term measure-possibly a few tournaments
As for his rallies and slices-much like that of gonzalez-it had come too late and he did not seem to get a good balance between those shot selection and his aggression
Indian wells 2006 simply pales in comparison with other great matches he had played-in my opinion his match with R-Fed in basel that year was his best ever.
I feel I have a love-hate relationship with Srichaphan.
Reaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
country flag DhammaTiger

DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaz View Post
yes i do remember one clay matchup with the then clay king coria in masters monte carlo 2005 and had watched a little-para was trying to do all the shots from coria's book-like the audacious drop shot from the baseline.Anyway I remember P'dorn taking Middleton as his coach-it's so pathetic that he was Spadea's right hand man.Para had achieved a higher rank than that of Spadea.Why did he take him as Coach?.
As for his brother it was simply a motivational gesture.It could be done simply as a short term measure-possibly a few tournaments
As for his rallies and slices-much like that of gonzalez-it had come too late and he did not seem to get a good balance between those shot selection and his aggression
Indian wells 2006 simply pales in comparison with other great matches he had played-in my opinion his match with R-Fed in basel that year was his best ever.
I feel I have a love-hate relationship with Srichaphan.
The career of Ball ( paradorn's nickname in Thailand. If you know Thai people, no one uses last name, everybody uses nickname or first name) is very complicated. He was coached by his dad and his other brothers were also tennis players so you can say he came from tennis family. I think personally that after Bangkok Open 2003 when he lost in the quarter finals to Ljubicic he wasn't same player. I watched that match and he was just crying and crying for more than 15 minutes. I think also the glare of publicity and media attention got to him. The media in Thailand kept on criticising him for not diching his father and getting a farang coach. But being a nice asian it is pretty difficult to ditch one's father, so theygot a string of coaches but all of them were stop gap.
I still like Paradorn he is a very nice person. I just hope he comes back and has a swan song.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
country flag hcfoo

hcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond repute

According to his wife, Natalie who is on the Amazing race Asia 3, Paradorn didn't join her in the reality show as he's practicing for next year's come back.

Hopefully we'll see him soon.
hcfoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
country flag DhammaTiger

That's excellent news