Fish Gets Fried - Wednesday - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #16
country flag supermario#1

supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1
Default Re: Fish Gets Fried - Wednesday

What goes on Chap's..........?

Tonights Preview...

Williams v Wiliams

- Neither of the sisters dropped any set so far in the tournament with Venus losing only 15 games and Serena 14 all through their four matches in U.S. Open 2008 so far.
- Serena Williams suffered only one service break till fourth round, while Venus conceded three service breaks through four matches until now.
- Since Wimbledon to U.S. Open 2008, Venus Williams has not lost any set, while younger sister Serena lost only two sets which came against Venus in the final of Wimbledon this year.

Both sisters are not happy with facing each other in the quarter final, but will be determined to win. They pair of them are flying at the moment but I must side with Serena as she will be looking to take revenge. Obviously wouldn’t surprise to see Venus come out on top so games over might be the safe option.

I’ll take Serena @ 1.70 to take a 4-3 H2H lead against her sister

Murray v Del Potro

Scotland’s Andy Murray and Argentine Juan Martin Del Potro play for the first time since their fiery encounter in Rome earlier this year. The last time Murray and Del Potro met, Del Potro left the court in tears, Murray left in a fury.

With no apparent love lost between the two men, they each employed some gamesmanship tactics. Murray was angry that Del Potro hit a ball at him but did not apologize. Del Potro retailiated by making a snide remark about Murray’s mother Judy, who was in the stands cheering her son on. Del Potro eventually retired from the match with a back problem.

Whether there will be fireworks on the court remains to be seen, but I reckon Murray has the cleaner groundstokes to come out on top in a close match.

Take Murray 3-1 and 3-2 (should equate to around 2.20) (today's lock)

Good Luck to all
supermario#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #17
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What goes on Chap's..........?
superboy?

you sound like him so much
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #18
country flag malisha

malisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal not to win 3:0 2.40
Murray 1.55
malisha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #19
country flag supermario#1

supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1 supermario#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post
superboy?

you sound like him so much

superboy..? sorry got no idea who he/she is...
supermario#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #20
country flag Machiavelli

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute

Murray at @1,60 - should prove too much for Del Pony, every run has to end sometime, and there is thee Mum incident, extra motivation....

Venus at @2,10 - she trashed Radwanska, Serena had a very easy draw, the Wimbledon springs up again, this year it is Venus time...

Fish +7,5 at 1,85- what Querrey can do, Mardy can do better; Nadal is worn out, his balls are too short, he is staying to far back, if mardy starts well, a win would not be something surprising..

Go Mardy go....
Old 09-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

Just thinking about the Murray-Del Potro match. Del Potro struggled to overcome Simon, who is a very poor mans Murray. Murray should have too much variation for the Argentine......I guess he will try and bring him into the net as much as possible and use the slice, which is always a useful weapon against a tall man.

However, if JMDP gets that big serve and forehand working, there are not many that can stop him.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #22
country flag LJSFRNVP

LJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond reputeLJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond reputeLJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond reputeLJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond reputeLJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond reputeLJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond reputeLJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond reputeLJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond reputeLJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond reputeLJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond reputeLJSFRNVP has a reputation beyond repute

A Murray - J.Del Potro
Today 03/09/2008, 20:00
Tennis - ATP

Pick: A Murray ML Result: Pending
Stake: 9/10 Odds: 1.58
Bookmaker: Pinnacle
Posted: Today 03/09/2008, 12:37

British Andy Murray, number 6 of the world, is at the first quarter of final here in the US Open, this is decidedly his best surface and this summer has played excellently on the US Series, losing in Toronto to the beat Rafael Nadal and winning hi first ATP Master Series in Cincinnati beating also Novak Djokovic on the final. As usual for him the start of this major has not really been so easy, in the second has been forcd to the French man Micheal Llodra to the tiebreak of the fourth set and especially to the third round was down 2 sets to 0, but when he was under pressure has played to the best of his level and set by set has improved his tennis playing finally a wonderful fourth round match against Stanislav Wawrinka, wherehas been just marvellous.
Juan Martin Del Potro is he young player of the moment, he is 23 in a row right now and just that shows his incredible moment, even if for being fair there's to say that most of them have not really been on major tournaments and not really against top players, but so is till impressive.
His tournament as performance is not so far away to that one of Andy Murray, seen that the first rounds for him has been really three battles and especially with Canas and Bellucci the Argntine has not really played a good match, but still won in four sets, the last match has been really easy for him against big surprise of ths tournament Key Nishikori, but the Japanese after the big battle against David Ferrer was so tired and far away to his past performance.
Andy Murray leads 1:0 on the H-2-H, the only meeting this year in Roma (Clay), surface without doubt favorable to the Argentine, but there's to say that Del Potro were not this Del Potro, he had also some phisical problems and for Murray clay is the worst surface.
Finally I believe on Andy Murray on this one, last match has played superb, is in great confidence and I think right now much more solid and mentally better regarding Del Potro.
The odds could be not very high, but on these conditions and on a quarter of final in a major 3/5 sets imho the Scot is the big favorite.

-+-+-+-+-+

03/09/2008 Analysis

Today 03/09/2008, 12:58

Rafal Nadal - Mardy Fish
Mardy Fish is back on a wonderful shape and especially tactically the Yankee is doing the right things, playing an offensive game with less rally as possibile on each point, the problem for him is that today he faces Rafael Nadal, that is the best defensive player of the tour and the best passing shots player of the tour too, so is true that the Spanish had some problems against Sam Querrey, but the American was so perfect and today is another day, another player and especially another kind of player, so don't really see any chance for Mardy Fish.

S Williams - V Williams
Tomorrow 03/09/2008, 01:00
Tennis - WTA

Pick: S Williams ML Result: Pending
Stake: 7/10 Odds: 1.75
Bookmaker: Unibet
Posted: Today 03/09/2008, 12:52

Big sisters challenge here and that's always hard to analyze this kind of match, you know all can happen and the performance that they had are simply impressive, Serena lost 14 games in 4 match, 3.5 per match and Venus 15 in 4 match, a bit more then 3.5 per match.
Venus won the last meeting on the final of Wimbledon,but on that surface the oldest of the sisters is decidedly better then Serena, as results and as kind of game too, imho is exactly the opposite here, Serena on hard is better then Venus and also the H-2-H on this surface are on her favor.
There's really not a lot to say here, but imho Serena right now on hard has something more and I see her to win this one, just that.

-+-+-+-+-+

03/09/2008 Analysis

Today 03/09/2008, 12:58

Dinara Safina - Flavia Pennetta

Italian Flavia Pennetta has already reached his dream, to be to the first time career on a quarter of final in a grand slam event, she has been of course a bit lucky on the draw but there's to say that has played really well too, the problem is that today she faces Dinara Safina, maybe the real surprise of this year and surely the player that has improved more regarding last year, there's a recent meeting on the same surface as this one and Dinara Safina destroyed Flavia Pennetta in Los Angeles. Finally the odds are of course right and imho not too many chance for the Italian.
LJSFRNVP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #23
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
Just thinking about the Murray-Del Potro match. Del Potro struggled to overcome Simon, who is a very poor mans Murray. Murray should have too much variation for the Argentine......I guess he will try and bring him into the net as much as possible and use the slice, which is always a useful weapon against a tall man.

However, if JMDP gets that big serve and forehand working, there are not many that can stop him.
Im very tempted by potro too
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #24
country flag malisha

malisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSFRNVP View Post

Rafal Nadal - Mardy Fish
but the American was so perfect and today is another day, another player and especially another kind of player, so don't really see any chance for Mardy Fish.
hello m8

do you honestly belive that Fish cant do even more Damadge to Rafa than Querry did????
Querry was good...but his BC. was preety low standard...Fish is taking the ball on BC. with confinece and IMO can hurt Rafa even more than Querry did

p.s.
nice writeups
malisha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #25
country flag Raymz

Raymz has a reputation beyond reputeRaymz has a reputation beyond reputeRaymz has a reputation beyond reputeRaymz has a reputation beyond reputeRaymz has a reputation beyond reputeRaymz has a reputation beyond reputeRaymz has a reputation beyond reputeRaymz has a reputation beyond reputeRaymz has a reputation beyond reputeRaymz has a reputation beyond reputeRaymz has a reputation beyond repute

Mardy Fish - Rafael Nadal

Well I just can't skip this bet. Could manage to see last two Fish matches and the way He beat Blake and Monfils are really impressive. I mean Fish is player, that his performance depends only on him, when He has confidence, balls are just hitting the lines after Mardy shots. He is serving really great in Flushing Meadows, what makes more problem for opponents. And despite poor h2h (0-4) I see different match tonight. Nadal struggled big time against Querrey, what shouldn't be problem in any other day. He didn't serve well and played poor in critical points. In my opinion Fish will receive enough chances to attack on Nadal second serve and attacking whenever It is possible, that bought good success so far. Confident Fish is definitely bigger threat than Querrey in anyday, so if Sam managed to take set and keep it close, why Fish can't do the same? Match is scheaduled at night session so crowd will be even more one sided and louder, that will give extra boost for Mardy.

Pick: Fish +7.5
Odds: 1.73
Bookie: Boylesports
Stake: 6/10

Additionaly 1 stake on Fish straight @ 8.20
Old 09-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #26
country flag manuelmmp

manuelmmp has a reputation beyond reputemanuelmmp has a reputation beyond reputemanuelmmp has a reputation beyond reputemanuelmmp has a reputation beyond reputemanuelmmp has a reputation beyond reputemanuelmmp has a reputation beyond reputemanuelmmp has a reputation beyond reputemanuelmmp has a reputation beyond reputemanuelmmp has a reputation beyond reputemanuelmmp has a reputation beyond reputemanuelmmp has a reputation beyond repute

Marat's sister X jmdp @ 3.21

good luck
Old 09-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #27
country flag LleytonMonfils

LleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't missed a bet this whole US Open including Giles Muller yesterday.

2 team parlay
Nadal -1000
Murray -220

2 team parlay
Safina -500
Venus +110

Payout is like 5/3 if I hit both.
LleytonMonfils is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #28
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Fish in.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #29
country flag TheBrainiac

TheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrainiac has a reputation beyond repute

Dlouhy/Paes to beat M.Gonzalez/Monaco , 1.50 at betfair BIG PLAY

Why ?

Cuz I cant believe argentinian duo can make Grand Slam finals on hardcourts , Dlouhy and Paes should have enough experience and doubles skills to set up a most likely finals battle with Bryan brothers .
TheBrainiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #30
country flag stable unit

stable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond reputestable unit has a reputation beyond repute

Lay Nadal @1.14
This price is too short to pass up, Fish has had a great 2008 and his form looks similar to that when he pushed Djokovic in the MS final earlier this year. Ala Tsonga, Berdych of last 2 years, Joachim Johansson, the guy has the potent serve and flat groundies imo to trouble Nadal tonight. Nadal BH return was landing a touch short against Querrey, his FH wasn't as consistent as previous and there's a reason he hasn't won a hardcourt GS yet. The champ that he is, he could up his game but odds too good to pass on
stable unit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote