Kei's news thread - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #166
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kei's news thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
No San Jose for Kei.
Apparently the elbow pain has recurred.

Japanese TV broadcaster WOWOW was going to broadcast the tournament, but it's now been canceled. I wish they didn't rush to air his return---I'm pretty sure it became an added pressure for him.

It's been more than a year since he first got the injury, in Brisbane last year. I really hope his elbow will get 100% and stay so as soon as possible, but if it is to take yet longer, I will wait patiently till he has no more pain....
Poor Kei!
I knew it! So how is the condition of the elbow right now? Was it worst than the last time? I really hope not and it's just a case of swelling due to his rigorous training.

Hope you could update us more Bunny!

I agree we have waited for this long now and im still willing to wait patiently until we finally see the time Kei playing again.
Rafkei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #167
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #168
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Kei has received WC for Delray Beach next week!
Hope he can start afresh in the tournament that virtually catapulted his career two years ago.
Source: http://keinishikori.com/news/201002-j.html (only in Japanese)

There are some clips from his training on his Facebook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafkei View Post
Hope you could update us more Bunny!
Sorry I'll try! There are some intereviews only in Japanese on his official site, I meant to summarise it but couldn't find time to do so.

Anyway hope this time he will be able to play without any physical problems!

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #169
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

It's official.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...Wild-Card.aspx

Former Champion Nishikori Receives Delray Beach Wild Card
Delray Beach, U.S.A.
by Press Release

Former Delray Beach International Tennis Championship champion Kei Nishikori has received a wild card to play in the main draw of the 18th annual tournament, which gets underway Monday, 22 February.

Nishikori reached a career-high No.56 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings in 2009 before a right elbow injury and subsequent surgery ended his season. This will be the first tournament back for the 20-year-old Japanese star. Nishikori was the youngest player in ITC history to win the title, and he was one of four players to win after coming out of the qualifying rounds.

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 03-06-2010, 04:17 AM   #170
country flag *bunny*

According to his official site, he has received main draw WC to Miami.
But he has withdrawn from qualifying in IW to fully prepare for Miami...
Isn't playing actual matches, albeit qualies, a good preparation? Or does he still have discomfort/pains in his arm? Sure Miami is like his home tourney and he has to travel a long way to go to IW, but still...

But good luck to Kei in Miami! (If he really plays!)

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 03-20-2010, 08:06 AM   #171
country flag *bunny*

I hate to post this but Kei has pulled out of Miami.

According to his site, he visited his doctor in New York and although the overall prospect was good, he still can't play more than one matches in the same week. Apparently this is because he hasn't regularly played competitive matches for such a long time. Serving in particular seems to be a problem. (Remember, his serve was even slower than before against Becker in Delray Beach.)

Maybe he should forget about playing a big tournament with a WC and play smaller tournaments and challengers using a protected ranking.

He recently wrote in his blog that his goal for this year is to get back inside top 100. Hope he can achieve that...

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 03-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #172
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

This waiting is killling me.
Bring Kei back!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #173
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute

I do too, but you know he seems to be very positive in his facebook posts, so i guess it is really just a matter of time before he gets back.
Rafkei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #174
country flag *bunny*

Kei's name is on the entry list for the Baton Rouge challenger from April 12.
Let's hope he can play without any problem this time!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 03-30-2010, 03:14 AM   #175
country flag conivip

conivip is on a distinguished road

I miss you Keei
conivip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:20 AM   #176
country flag *bunny*

From his April 8 blog:

"this last week of training has been great. I have been hitting 3 hours a day with no pain and feel good. We are booking flights to Baton Rouge as we speak and I look forward to playing there. Will keep you posted on my progress. Best Kei"

Good luck, Kei!
His name is on the entry list of the Tallahassee challenger the week after too!

In fact he said he would update his Japanese blog everyday in the first week of April and he did so! It was mainly about his training on and off court, and this week he wrote he could train 100% without pain for the first time in a long while. He was also interviewd by WOWOW (Japanese TV station that runs his Web site) and went to dine Italian food with them, and he met someone who told him about colour fortunetelling, and he got quite interested in it.
Wish he would update his English blog (or FB or Twitter) more.

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 04-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #177
country flag Alex.
should be empty.

Alex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope he plays. I miss him a lot. These withdrawels are so frustrating.
m. raonic : b. tomic : d. istomin
Alex. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:31 AM   #178
country flag *bunny*

According to Kei's facebook, he will play the Sarasota challenger in Florida in May. He calls the event "it's like a home tournament."

It's on clay and stats on May 10. So I'm guessing he is not planning to play DC against Australia (May 7-9).

Also, the entry list for RG has come out. Kei is #9 on the alternate list:

1 Federer, Roger SUI 1
2 Djokovic, Novak SRB 2
3 Nadal, Rafael ESP 3
4 Murray, Andy GBR 4
5 Del Potro, Juan Martin ARG 5
6 Davydenko, Nikolay RUS 6
7 Roddick, Andy USA 7
8 Soderling, Robin SWE 8
9 Cilic, Marin CRO 9
10 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried FRA 10
11 Gonzalez, Fernando CHI 11
12 Verdasco, Fernando ESP 12
13 Youzhny, Mikhail RUS 13
14 Ljubicic, Ivan CRO 14
15 Berdych, Tomas CZE 15
16 Nalbandian, David ARG @15
17 Ferrero, Juan Carlos ESP 16
18 Ferrer, David ESP 17
19 Monfils, Gael FRA 18
20 Stepanek, Radek CZE 19
21 Wawrinka, Stanislas SUI 20
22 Haas, Tommy USA 21
23 Isner, John USA 22
24 Robredo, Tommy ESP 23
25 Monaco, Juan ARG 24
26 Querrey, Sam USA 25
27 Simon, Gilles FRA 26
28 Melzer, Jurgen AUT 27
29 Karlovic, Ivo CRO 28
30 Baghdatis, Marcos CYP 29
31 Hewitt, Lleyton AUS 30
32 Bellucci, Thomaz BRA 31
33 Montanes, Albert ESP 32
34 Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER 33
35 Almagro, Nicolas ESP 34
36 Lopez, Feliciano ESP 35
37 Benneteau, Julien FRA 36
38 Troicki, Viktor SRB 37
39 Tipsarevic, Janko SRB 38
40 Hanescu, Victor ROU 39
41 Becker, Benjamin GER 40
42 Kubot, Lukasz POL 41
43 Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo ESP 42
44 Chardy, Jeremy FRA 43
45 Gulbis, Ernests LAT 44
46 Mayer, Florian GER 45
47 Seppi, Andreas ITA 46
48 Zeballos, Horacio ARG 47
49 Mathieu, Paul-Henri FRA 48
50 Petzschner, Philipp GER 49
51 Andreev, Igor RUS 50
52 Berrer, Michael GER 51
53 Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG 52
54 Moya, Carlos ESP @52
55 Blake, James USA 53
56 Cuevas, Pablo URU 54
57 Beck, Andreas GER 55
58 Rochus, Olivier BEL 56
59 Fognini, Fabio ITA 57
60 Greul, Simon GER 58
61 Tursunov, Dmitry RUS @58
62 Chiudinelli, Marco SUI 59
63 Falla, Alejandro COL 60
64 Schwank, Eduardo ARG 61
65 Starace, Potito ITA 62
66 Mayer, Leonardo ARG 63
67 Robert, Stephane FRA 64
68 Lacko, Lukas SVK 65
69 Ancic, Mario CRO @65
70 Llodra, Michael FRA 66
71 Serra, Florent FRA 67
72 Nieminen, Jarkko FIN 68
73 Vliegen, Kristof BEL @68
74 Stakhovsky, Sergiy UKR 69
75 Sela, Dudi ISR 70
76 Korolev, Evgeny KAZ 71
77 Dolgopolov Jr., Oleksandr UKR 72
78 Russell, Michael USA 73
79 Gicquel, Marc FRA 74
80 Gasquet, Richard FRA 75
81 Luczak, Peter AUS 76
82 de Bakker, Thiemo NED 77
83 Clement, Arnaud FRA 78
84 Marchenko, Illya UKR 79
85 Beck, Karol SVK 80
86 Malisse, Xavier BEL 81
87 Istomin, Denis UZB 82
88 Hernandez, Oscar ESP 83
89 Hajek, Jan CZE 84
90 Golubev, Andrey KAZ 85
91 Brands, Daniel GER 86
92 Fish, Mardy USA 87
93 Massu, Nicolas CHI 88
94 Granollers, Marcel ESP 89
95 Giraldo, Santiago COL 90
96 Schuettler, Rainer GER 91
97 Zverev, Mischa GER 92
98 Ram, Rajeev USA 93
99 Koellerer, Daniel AUT 94
100 Riba, Pere ESP 95
101 Lapentti, Nicolas ECU 96
102 Darcis, Steve BEL 97
103 Kavcic, Blaz SLO 98
104 Lu, Yen-Hsun TPE 99
105 (Q)
106 (Q)
107 (Q)
108 (Q)
109 (Q)
110 (Q)
111 (Q)
112 (Q)
113 (Q)
114 (Q)
115 (Q)
116 (Q)
117 (Q)
118 (Q)
119 (Q)
120 (Q)
121 (WC)
122 (WC)
123 (WC)
124 (WC)
125 (WC)
126 (WC)
127 (WC)
128 (WC)

Alternates
1 Gimeno-Traver, Daniel ESP 100
2 Lorenzi, Paolo ITA 101
3 Mello, Ricardo BRA 102
4 Anderson, Kevin RSA 103
5 Przysiezny, Michal POL 104
6 Haase, Robin NED @104
7 Kunitsyn, Igor RUS 105
8 Dent, Taylor USA 106
9 Nishikori, Kei JPN @106
10 Ginepri, Robby USA 107
11 Levine, Jesse USA 108
12 Daniel, Marcos BRA 109
13 Devvarman, Somdev IND 110
14 Odesnik, Wayne USA 111
15 Navarro, Ivan ESP 112

--------------------------
Stepanek, Haas and probably Tursunov won't play due to injuries/illness, and Blake is a question mark because of a knee injury.
Of course, I don't wish injuries to players so I say if there are no more withdrawals, then Kei will have to play qualies.

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 04-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #179
country flag *bunny*

Kei, who had no ranking since mid-March, returned to the rankings table on April 19 at #799.
The only way is up!! C'moooon!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 04-26-2010, 05:03 AM   #180
country flag *bunny*

As of April 25, Kei is ranked #648. A big jump from #799!
I hope that, by the end of the clay season, he will be ranked high enough to enter challengers without using protected ranking...

#3 Ferrero Tard