NFL 2008/2009 outright div/conf - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #16
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NFL 2008/2009 outright div/conf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
I saw some prices today that were far too big not to have an interest in. I went through all the remaining games of the respective divisions to see whether my assessment is worth playing the prices, and I believe they are.

Out of curiosity, if any of you can be bothered to go through the remaining schedule of the NFC West I'd like to know how you ended up. I came to the conclusion that every team in that division will have a losing record. Arizona and San Fran tied at 7-9.

As for my wager...all to win their division picks - 5 selections - trebles.
Denver @ 13/8
New England @ 15/8
Chicago @ 2/1
Indy @ 11/4
NY Giants @ 14/5 (I never usually use that smiley because I want to break its legs, but I have to use it for this price - 14/5 on the 3-0 Giants who will be 6-0 going to Pittsburgh in a few weeks?)

The books can't get off the Cowboys dick, can they? 5/6 to win the division and still Superbowl favs despite losing at home to the Redskins, as well as the loss they should have had at home to the Eagles.

Cowboys What an unstoppable team they are, don't know how anyone could possibly beat them.
Very interesting stuff m8 and i' with you on all your selections apart from 1 New England, i know its the weakest crappiest div but i dont see why Buffalo cant win it infact i would put them heavy favs in that div,New England look like they cant score now there new QB doesnt seem to be able to find his w/r and there Defense is old and dont look up for it- the price you got does look nice but i'm not suprised because i havent seen them do anything to suggest they can top that div

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #17
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

i saw Seattle at 9/4 last week i should of put even more on them as i think they will get going now they have an easy div and once a few of there injured players come back they should win the div i got 5/6 before the start of the season but because they had a shit start were pushed out to 9/4 but back in now around 5/4

NFC south is a tough one to call i still think New Orleans could do it and at around 11/4 its worth a small interest

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #18
bad gambler

Adding one more after 5 weeks

Seahawks to win NFC West - $4.50

gl
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #19
country flag ryan23

Adding to my div picks now going with this now that ive seen a lot of this years team infact probably seen them all

Super Bowl X L I I I champions

Pittsburgh 11/1

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 12-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #20
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Eagles to win more than 9.5 games - $2.00

Eagles to win NFC East - $4.00

Seahawks to win NFC West - $4.50

gl
lost x 3
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #21
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Personally, I took a 4-Fold on the divisions before pre-season started for some across the board interest over the season. Paying a touch over 30/1, I've gone for Indy (absolute bankers in my eyes), Pittsburgh, Giants and New Orleans.
Loss.

From ages ago. 2 out of 4 came in, bankers Indy proved to not be so bankable after a poor start.

Quote:
I also think the Jags are worth opposing this year and I'm going to take a double on them winning less than 10.5 games @ 8/11 and the Giants to win more than 8.5 @ 8/11.

Edit - Just went to place the double but can't because of related contingency. It was only going to be an interest so not worth it for me to play as singles. A bit pissed I can't put it on because not in the same conference and not on each others schedule, so one doesn't affect the other. Not related in my eyes, but there you go.
Shame I couldn't place this as it was an easy, easy win double.

Quote:
As for my wager...all to win their division picks - 5 selections - trebles.
Denver @ 13/8
New England @ 15/8
Chicago @ 2/1
Indy @ 11/4
NY Giants @ 14/5 (I never usually use that smiley because I want to break its legs, but I have to use it for this price - 14/5 on the 3-0 Giants who will be 6-0 going to Pittsburgh in a few weeks?)
Giants are a win, Indy and Chicago are a loss.

If the Jets and Denver win tonight, then I will get a treble in of Giants/Pats/Broncos for a profit. Otherwise it's a loser.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #22
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
With it starting up towards the end of this week thought iwould post my seasonal bets i did yesterday..

Pittsburgh to win NFC East 11/10

Jacksonville to win AFC South 21/10 Indy are favs but Jacks should be close imo

Minnesota to win NFC North 11/8 cracking price really happy with that

Seattle to win NFC West 5/6

Good luck everyone with outright bets this season
Pittsburgh to win NFC East 11/10 WIN actually is AFC North

Jacksonville to win AFC South 21/10 LOSS,got this one badly wrong, turned out to be a terrible year for the Jags

Minnesota to win NFC North 11/8 WIN

Seattle to win NFC West 5/6 LOSS, another one like the Jags got it completly wrong

Still have 1 outright bet left that i took a few months back the Steelers to win 11/1, the way they played last week i'm not to confident now

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #23
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Adding to my div picks now going with this now that ive seen a lot of this years team infact probably seen them all

Super Bowl X L I I I champions

Pittsburgh 11/1
Looking very good now

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-21-2009, 05:19 AM   #24
country flag Gunner

Gunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond repute

As long as that defence gets to warner and keeps fitz doubled up and wrapped up they the steelers will easily win! Very nice bet at very nice odds dont be tempted to lay off!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:05 AM   #25
country flag ryan23

Nah i wont lay of now the Steelers really should win like you say

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #26
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god the Giants aren't in the picture, i dislike that bunch.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #27
country flag ryan23

Only thing that worries me is Larry Fitzgerald the guys incredible

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #28
country flag happy928

happy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Only thing that worries me is Larry Fitzgerald the guys incredible
prob is getting the ball thrown to fitz in this game...i see Steelers D knocking down Warner at least 5 or 6 times in this game....AZ's run game will be completely shutdown by steelers' Run D and it'll be up to Warner to make plays, steelers D will be sniping him out on every play

place should be Rockin' by steelers fan...
Old 01-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #29
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Looking very good now
Nice one Ryan
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #30
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with that bet ryan
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote