Spain F34 [September 08 - Móstoles - Hard] Winner: Grigor Dimitrov - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-10-2008, 04:57 AM   #16
country flag PereRibaFan

PereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain F34 [September 08 - Móstoles - Hard] Main Draw

My friend was there yesterday and he saw three matches: Martí vs Checa-Calvo, Burquier vs Rumenov and Dimitrov vs Garcia-Rodriguez

He made a report in Spanish for another forum and I translate it to English here

--------------------------
Martí bt Checa-Calvo 1-6 6-2 7-5

Great win for Martí in only the third Future of his career, against a good fighter and a more experienced player like Checa-Calvo.

Doubtful beginning for Martí, very irregular with his serve and without definitive strokes, allowing Checa to dominate with his forehand (6-1 for Checa)
In the 2nd set, the things changed, and Martí's serve started to working better (he made more than 10 aces in this set). He won his service games without any problems and started to make winners with his good single-handed backhand. He broke Checa's serve twice and took the set 6-2.
The final set was more balanced, Martí kept serving and volleying well, while Checa suffered for stay in the match. In the 11th game, Martí did the break that gave him the match.

I liked Martí a lot, his backhand is unbelievable, and with only 16 years old, as it's his serve. He's weaker with the forehand, lifts the ball a lot and doesn't make too many winners. His strokes are still not very powerful, but he'll be a player to watch for sure.

Burquier bt Rumenov 4-6 6-4 7-5

Very long match between these two players, the 2nd seeded Frenchman and the Spanish qualifier. It took almost 3 hours.

Rumenov dominated the 1st set, he was more regular, making great winners and offering good rallies. The Frenchman started very doubtful, combining powerful forehands with a lot of UE.
The 2nd set was the key, Rumenov had a lot of break points with the match balanced, but he failed to convert them. Finally, Burquier broke Rumenov's serve to take the set and send the match to a final set.
In the 3rd set, it seemed that Burquier was gonna win easily. He lead 3-0 and had two more BP's for a 4-0 lead, but Rumenov came back and he equaled the set at 4-4. A lot of equality till Burquier broke in the 12th game and won the match. There were too many break points for both of them.

Rumenov is outside the Top-1000 but he has a lot of quality, he was winning the long rallies almost always, closing out with great winners, but sometimes he got a bit distracted by himself. I hope he can progress in the ranks, he has the game to be in the Top-500, for sure.

Dimitrov bt Garcia-Rodriguez 6-1 6-2

I only could watch the 1st set of this match, but it was enough to see how good Dimitrov will be. He plays a very intelligent game, his serve is not very powerful but it's very dangerous.
His single-handed backhand is good, and his forehand too. He has nothing bad. Dominates the points well, moves the opponent well and he can close out the points. He lacks of a little bit of mobility, though.
His opponent had a good service game. Powerful serves but nothing more.

There was no history in this match, Dimitrov dominated from the beginning till the end.

That's all, I hope you enjoy it. Unfortunately, he won't be there again, I think. But he had the opportunity to watch some good matches yesterday.

PereRibaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 05:36 AM   #17
country flag Fizz

Fizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond repute

thanks PereRibaFan!
Fizz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #18
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PereRibaFan View Post

Dimitrov bt Garcia-Rodriguez 6-1 6-2

I only could watch the 1st set of this match, but it was enough to see how good Dimitrov will be. He plays a very intelligent game, his serve is not very powerful but it's very dangerous.
His single-handed backhand is good, and his forehand too. He has nothing bad. Dominates the points well, moves the opponent well and he can close out the points. He lacks of a little bit of mobility, though.
His opponent had a good service game. Powerful serves but nothing more.

There was no history in this match, Dimitrov dominated from the beginning till the end.

That's all, I hope you enjoy it. Unfortunately, he won't be there again, I think. But he had the opportunity to watch some good matches yesterday.

Thank you!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #19
country flag Loko_Lindo

Loko_Lindo has a reputation beyond reputeLoko_Lindo has a reputation beyond reputeLoko_Lindo has a reputation beyond reputeLoko_Lindo has a reputation beyond reputeLoko_Lindo has a reputation beyond reputeLoko_Lindo has a reputation beyond reputeLoko_Lindo has a reputation beyond reputeLoko_Lindo has a reputation beyond reputeLoko_Lindo has a reputation beyond reputeLoko_Lindo has a reputation beyond reputeLoko_Lindo has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Grisha carajooo!
Loko_Lindo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #20
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks PereRibaFan and thanks to your friend too
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #21
country flag Fizz

Fizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond reputeFizz has a reputation beyond repute

2nd Round

James WARD (GBR) (1) Vs Andoni VIVANCO-GUZMAN (ESP)
Abraham GONZALEZ-JIMENEZ (ESP) Vs Javier MARTI (ESP)
Ignacio COLL-RIUDAVETS (ESP) (3) Vs Artur ROMANOWSKI (POL)
Carlos CUENCA-NAVARRO (ESP) Vs Roberto BAUTISTA-AGUT (ESP) (7)
Joao SOUSA (POR) (8) defeated Gerard GRANOLLERS-PUJOL (ESP) 7-6(4) 6-0
Juan-Albert VILOCA-PUIG (ESP) defeated David CANUDAS-FERNANDEZ (ESP) 7-5 6-3
Ludovic WALTER (FRA) (5) defeated Evthimios KARALIOLIOS (NED) 7-6(4) 6-3
Grigor DIMITROV (BUL) defeated Gregoire BURQUIER (FRA) (2) 6-3 6-4
Old 09-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #22
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txillardegi View Post
2nd Round

James WARD (GBR) (1) Vs Andoni VIVANCO-GUZMAN (ESP)
Abraham GONZALEZ-JIMENEZ (ESP) Vs Javier MARTI (ESP)
Ignacio COLL-RIUDAVETS (ESP) (3) Vs Artur ROMANOWSKI (POL)
Carlos CUENCA-NAVARRO (ESP) Vs Roberto BAUTISTA-AGUT (ESP) (7)
Juan-Albert VILOCA-PUIG (ESP) defeated David CANUDAS-FERNANDEZ (ESP) 7-5 6-3

Gri6aAfter winning USO,now great performence again
Old 09-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #23
country flag Bulgaria

Bulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Haide Grigor

Junior US Open & Wimbledon Champion - Grigor Dimitrov

Tsvetana Pironkova, Dia Evtimova

Dimitar Kuzmanov, Tihomir Grozdanov, Valentin Dimov, Dimitar Kutrovsky
Bulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #24
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Dimitrov!
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #25
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #26
country flag PereRibaFan

PereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond reputePereRibaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck today Martí. Keep progressing well
Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #27
country flag blaithy

blaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond reputeblaithy has a reputation beyond repute

Hm, no results today, some of the 1/8-finals were still not played, I guess the weather is too bad.

Well done to Grigor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWREqPtdxhE&feature=sub

Last edited by blaithy : 09-12-2008 at 08:36 AM.
blaithy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #28
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:01 PM   #29
country flag PereRibaFan

WARD, James [1] bt VIVANCO-GUZMAN 6-4 6-2
GONZALEZ-JIMENEZ bt MARTI, Javier 7-5 6-3
COLL-RIUDAVETS bt ROMANOWSKI, Artur 6-4 6-2
BAUTISTA-AGUT bt CUENCA-NAVARRO 6-3 6-1

Martí
Old 09-12-2008, 05:43 AM   #30
country flag Fizz

2nd Round

James WARD (GBR) (1) defeated Andoni VIVANCO-GUZMAN (ESP) 6-4 6-2
Abraham GONZALEZ-JIMENEZ (ESP) defeated Javier MARTI (ESP) 7-5 6-3
Ignacio COLL-RIUDAVETS (ESP) (3) defeated Artur ROMANOWSKI (POL) 6-4 6-2
Roberto BAUTISTA-AGUT (ESP) (7) defeated Carlos CUENCA-NAVARRO (ESP) 6-3 6-1
David CANUDAS-FERNANDEZ (ESP) defeated Juan-Albert VILOCA-PUIG (ESP) 7-5 6-3

Quarterfinal

James WARD (GBR) (1) Vs Abraham GONZALEZ-JIMENEZ (ESP)
Ignacio COLL-RIUDAVETS (ESP) (3) Vs Roberto BAUTISTA-AGUT (ESP) (7)
Joao SOUSA (POR) (8) Vs David CANUDAS-FERNANDEZ (ESP)
Ludovic WALTER (FRA) (5) Vs Grigor DIMITROV (BUL)