Roddick Fires Roddick, Hires McEnroe - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 01:40 AM   #61
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roddick Fires Roddick, Hires McEnroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusking View Post
Dude, you are gonna laugh at me, but I don't know what vcash is. I really don't.
Nah, I'm not going to laugh at you (for that reason). I'm not a dude, and v-cash is now called 'credits'. Its that money under your name, and you get it for posts and threads and stuff (but I'm only teasing you about wanting to make more of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusking View Post
He was biting his lips. But really. Andy knows all the strategy but the coach can't fix the court positioning or when Andy makes dumb decisions or doesn't get the serve in. Everybody knows what Nadal's or Federer's weaknesses are but not everyone can execute like they have to. Roddick is the exact opposite. He knows he needs to attack and do this and that but he never actually gets it right it seems.
3 seconds of biting his lips? That really doesnt mean anything at all (except that he's out of good lip balm and that one tiny piece of dried skin is bothering him). The rest of your paragraph sounds a lot like the other Roddick fans, you really should join us (come on, you know you want to).

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 01:41 AM   #62
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Roddick's website is now called andyroddickfoundation.com.

Clearly something's amiss.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-27-2008, 01:44 AM   #63
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

I guess they didn't bother changing the title. Maybe Andy Roddick Foundation is a whole new player? or Maybe Roddick is changing his name. But who cares. I personally think McEnroe can't coach. He just looks like he has no clue all the time.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-27-2008, 01:59 AM   #64
country flag alfonsojose
CRY BA**

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't PMAc a busy guy?

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-27-2008, 02:04 AM   #65
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainerSexSlave View Post
Isn't PMAc a busy guy?
Very.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-27-2008, 02:41 AM   #66
country flag markd

markd has a reputation beyond reputemarkd has a reputation beyond reputemarkd has a reputation beyond reputemarkd has a reputation beyond reputemarkd has a reputation beyond reputemarkd has a reputation beyond reputemarkd has a reputation beyond reputemarkd has a reputation beyond reputemarkd has a reputation beyond reputemarkd has a reputation beyond reputemarkd has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the site at andyroddick.com has been redesigned but Johns Coaches Corner is still there, heres the link. http://www.andyroddickfoundation.com...coachs-corner/
markd is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 AM   #67
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to disappoint you cyrusking, looks like no real drama after all *patpat*

In the market
Andy Roddick's brother John will no longer coach him, and the top-ranked U.S. player will look to hire another full-time mentor this fall, according to his agent, Ken Meyerson, who called the parting of the ways "a normal, healthy development. … John's been traveling for 3½ years. He has an academy in San Antonio. He has a life. There were issues after a couple of matches, but there's no animosity.'' Roddick will work with U.S. Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe through the Davis Cup semifinals late next month, then assess who's available in the coaching ranks and possibly have a trial run during the indoor season. But Meyerson said he'll urge his client not to rush. "Andy's at a critical juncture of his career, and I don't think he should be piecemealing it,'' he said. "I want him to believe he can win these big events. It's a little trickier now, because he's older, and the old 'you can do it' speech doesn't work anymore.'' Roddick has benefited from the counsel of Tarik Benhabiles, Brad Gilbert and most recently, Jimmy Connors, with whom he split amicably earlier this year. John Roddick is in New York but has not been present at his brother's practice sessions.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...tennis08262008

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 08-27-2008, 02:50 AM   #68
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Cahill! Cahill! Cahill!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-27-2008, 03:03 AM   #69
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

See, I told you they would do a statement.

I remember early on when John was named to the position, there were questions about his academy and what the travel would do to him. He invested a lot of money in that academy and it was just beginning to take off when he started to coach Andy full time. I think he was always supposed to be a temporary solution, he just stayed on longer in the end.

PMac is a good temp (and believe me, I know temp work!), but he is not the long term solution that Andy needs. That would be someone with the intials 'Dr.' before his name.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:04 AM   #70
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Sort of. Andy's not working with John anymore - it seems. John is definitely not in NY, we know that is true. Andy is definitely working with PMac on a VERY temporary basis during the USO. That is fact - USA network even showed him overseeing his hit today with his trainer doug. Greg Garber from ESPN says the Roddick Camp wants to have a "new coach" in place by the end of the season. That is all. as for the drama, there's the fairytale
You said John is definitely not in New York. Now you post the article saying he is not in New York. Is that a correction to your other post?
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 AM   #71
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
You said John is definitely not in New York. Now you post the article saying he is not in New York. Is that a correction to your other post?
No, I meant that John is not working with him at the USO - this is undisputed at this point and I said so. I'm not going to take your bait with these semantics especially considering its complete irrelevance.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 AM   #72
country flag Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Huh? He's not in NY and he's not in NY?

To answer the question I think you are trying to ask, it's clarification. John had not been seen at Andy's practices, so that much was true. ESPN says he is in NY, but not going to practices. They gave more specific info that fans would not necessarily know just from observation.

More astonishing, to me, is that this statement means that Ted Robinson was right about something when he made that comment last night. I am very surprised.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:14 AM   #73
country flag JimmyV

JimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
Cahill! Cahill! Cahill!

That would be a dream come true.
JimmyV is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-27-2008, 03:14 AM   #74
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
More astonishing, to me, is that this statement means that Ted Robinson was right about something when he made that comment last night. I am very surprised.
Have no fear, he and Mac were just discussing their surprise over the fact that Higueras is in Roger's box. They still have pretty much no clue what's going on

Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 AM   #75
country flag Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Have no fear, he and Mac were just discussing their surprise over the fact that Higueras is in Roger's box. They still have pretty much no clue what's going on
I heard that, restored my faith in humanity. Now if only Mac could learn the foot fault rule.

Closed Thread