Roddick Fires Roddick, Hires McEnroe - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 05:33 AM   #16
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roddick Fires Roddick, Hires McEnroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Take it with a grain of salt until someone with real knowledge says something more definitive.
PMac said very very clearly the other day that they are "seeing how it goes" - even if he's not working with John anymore, the arrangement with PMac is definitely NOT permanent, enough different people have said that so it can be pretty well assumed to be true at this point.

Ted Robinson was also commentating platform diving about 2 days ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisita View Post
I don't think the word "fired" was mentioned but it was said that they were no longer working together. That surprised me because I thought this was just a temporary thing at the USO. It sounded to me that neither Ted or Mac really knew what was going on. But they did seem to think that the coaching relationship between Andy and John was done and that PMac might take over. (It always surprises me how Mac doesn't seem to really know what his brother is doing, but still comments on it)
OK, thank you. I guess it's just my nature to not read into things so when things sound unclear to me, I assume the status quo applies. And it definitely did not sound like a sure thing to me at all

Anyway, I am sure they'll ask him on Wednesday after he plays. They should've asked him when he gave his press conference the other day, but ah well.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 05:37 AM   #17
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
PMac said very very clearly the other day that they are "seeing how it goes" - even if he's not working with John anymore, the arrangement with PMac is definitely NOT permanent, enough different people have said that so it can be pretty well assumed to be true at this point.

Ted Robinson was also commentating platform diving about 2 days ago.
OK, thank you. I guess it's just my nature to not read into things so when things sound unclear to me, I assume the status quo applies. And it definitely did not sound like a sure thing to me at all

Anyway, I am sure they'll ask him on Wednesday after he plays. They should've asked him when he gave his press conference the other day, but ah well.
I was gonna say the exact same thing but I only watched springboard.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 AM   #18
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
I was gonna say the exact same thing but I only watched springboard.
yeah he did all the diving and the last platform one was like 2 days ago (US time). So, grains of salt indeed. In fact, it's questionable how long he's even been in NYC for

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 08-26-2008, 05:42 AM   #19
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah he did all the diving and the last platform one was like 2 days ago (US time). So, grains of salt indeed. In fact, it's questionable how long he's even been in NYC for
Did he even leave? I don't remember who but some were doing commentary while still in the states.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 05:42 AM   #20
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, he did. Ted Robinson said that John wasn't coaching him anymore, but he didn't really sound sure and even John Mc said that didn't sound right to him because PMac already had too many things going on. I suspect now that its out there, the Roddick camp will issue a statement to clarify exactly what is going on.

JMac never does any research before he goes on the air (which he should be embarrassed about, but that's a different thread), and Ted Robinson repeats rumors far too often. Take it with a grain of salt until someone with real knowledge says something more definitive.

Cyrus, you hate Roddick, why do you care enough who is coaching him to start a thread about it?
Just because I started a thread on the most overrated American doesn't mean I hate Roddick. God knows Blake was so close to taking over that title from Roddick tonight

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 05:46 AM   #21
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick is overrated because you insist on visiting his website every day and starting threads about him every day. Even I don't do that.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 05:47 AM   #22
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
Did he even leave? I don't remember who but some were doing commentary while still in the states.
Yeah he was in Beijing because he was talking about seeing a Yonex badminton stringing shop somewhere in Beijing. and that he arrived at the airport around the same time as Rafa did and how crazy the crowds for Rafa were and I am sure they showed him at least once or twice during something he was commentating

Old 08-26-2008, 05:52 AM   #23

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Roddick is overrated because you insist on visiting his website every day and starting threads about him every day. Even I don't do that.
Dude I checked his site once really before tonight. John and Ted said that thing about his new coach and I wanted to figure out if there has been a statement. I don't love or hate Roddick per se. I do like seeing him lose though.

*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
Old 08-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #24
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusking View Post
I don't love or hate Roddick per se. I do like seeing him lose though.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #25

Quote:
Seriously though. There has never been a worse time for American Tennis. A bunch of mugs dressed up as Gladiators go out and put a stinky on the court tournament after tournament. Blake had another five setter this year. We all know how he ran out of gas last year. Roddick? He hasn't even played yet but he is already getting ready for AO 09. I can only hope that Roddick sleeps well tonight, after that freak accident at Cincy.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:52 AM   #26
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just because I started a thread on the most overrated American doesn't mean I hate Roddick. God knows Blake was so close to taking over that title from Roddick tonight
Of course not, but there have been other clues in your posts.

Quote:
... I do like seeing him lose though.
Like that one.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #27

Quote:
Of course not, but there have been other clues in your posts.

Like that one.
Again, I don't hate Roddick. I just think seeing him lose is more fun than him winning. It's absolutely nothing personal.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #28
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again, I don't hate Roddick. I just think seeing him lose is more fun than him winning. It's absolutely nothing personal.
I guess it will be even "more fun" when Roddick and Blake drop out of the top 10 (with no US players replacing them), and US tennis television coverage becomes even more minimal and tape-delayed.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston's Human View Post
I guess it will be even "more fun" when Roddick and Blake drop out of the top 10 (with no US players replacing them), and US tennis television coverage becomes even more minimal and tape-delayed.
Do you honestly believe that we get to see any tennis once top women start playing each other? Sharapova, Serena or Venus' matches always get shown in expense of Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic's matches. Maria is not here but there is always Ivanoic or Jankovic to feel the gap.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #30
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Great thing for A-Rod.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread