Backhands Tuesday - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #31
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Backhands Tuesday

If you check Robredo's losses on hard you'll notice one thing which really stands out. He has massive problems against big servers and especially with serve&volley. Losses to Soderling, Cilic, Ljubicic, Stepanek, Gulbis etc. Not to forget their only meeting in Melbourne this year where Zverev should have won this match. Since that time Zverev has improved and looks mentally more stable while Robredo seems to be on the decline on hard. The only thing that worries me is his not too bad record in NY.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #32
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
If you check Robredo's losses on hard you'll notice one thing which really stands out. He has massive problems against big servers and especially with serve&volley. Losses to Soderling, Cilic, Ljubicic, Stepanek, Gulbis etc. Not to forget their only meeting in Melbourne this year where Zverev should have won this match. Since that time Zverev has improved and looks mentally more stable while Robredo seems to be on the decline on hard. The only thing that worries me is his not too bad record in NY.
If Zverev executes his game, Boredo will have no chance. Zverev was outplaying him in Australia, until he started to struggle with injury.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #33
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Chardy over Gil @ 1.85

Last edited by its.like.that : 08-26-2008 at 12:02 PM.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #34
country flag Julio
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Julio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Haas to beat Gasquet - $2.55

gl
Any reason ? Odds ? Because Haas played like a mug recently. Will he raise his level at Flushing Meadows ?
Julio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #35
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
Any reason ? Odds ? Because Haas played like a mug recently. Will he raise his level at Flushing Meadows ?
probably the same reasons i wrote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #36
country flag Machiavelli

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute

Zverev +5,5 at @1,85, and Navarro Pastor +7,5 @1,85......

Robredo is totally out of form and he does not enjoy the big servers on the tour, i am not so fond of Zverev, but he is in solid form, he is serving well, and he should have beaten Tommy at the AO, that was a big let down from him............

Navarro has beaten Gonzo once before, he is not a typical spaniard, he live to rush to the net, to keep the points short, he is in good form and full of confidence, can not see an easy ride here for Gonzo....
Old 08-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #37
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Strange Lu is the dog?

60 units on Yen Hsun Lu 2.00 over Nicolas Lapentti!!

Good luck-other leans on Klepac 4.10/Lee 3.60/Recouderc 3.10!!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #38
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
Haas will lose, he sucks.

Allez Richard!
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #39
country flag Machiavelli

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute

I will also try with Haas +4,5; yeah he is not in a brilliant condition, but that loss against the Don does not concern me a lot, who knows where his mind was and if he wanted to play at all that day; this is the big stage, he loves Flushing, and this court suits him more then Gasgay, who is also not in a terrific condition, and i think it will be a close one, but Haas prevailing in the end.....
Old 08-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #40
country flag Machiavelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak View Post
Strange Lu is the dog?

60 units on Yen Hsun Lu 2.00 over Nicolas Lapentti!!

Good luck-other leans on Klepac 4.10/Lee 3.60/Recouderc 3.10!!
Sugiyama trashed Klepac last year at the USOpen, Recouderc hasn't played on hardcourts for almost 2 years, against Muller who came through the Qualy, and Lu is the mug of the mugs, if Nico is in any shape, if his healthy, Lu has no chance, don't get over confindent with lu's fluke run at the olympics
Old 08-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #41
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
I will also try with Haas +4,5; yeah he is not in a brilliant condition, but that loss against the Don does not concern me a lot, who knows where his mind was and if he wanted to play at all that day; this is the big stage, he loves Flushing, and this court suits him more then Gasgay, who is also not in a terrific condition, and i think it will be a close one, but Haas prevailing in the end.....
many criticize haas for his loss to young but when you look at yesterday young can't be this bad. he nearly beat blake.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #42
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Sugiyama trashed Klepac last year at the USOpen, Recouderc hasn't played on hardcourts for almost 2 years, against Muller who came through the Qualy, and Lu is the mug of the mugs, if Nico is in any shape, if his healthy, Lu has no chance, don't get over confindent with lu's fluke run at the olympics
Thanks for the Sugy/Recoud info,Lu is the mug of all mugs?why not call eveyone a mug,its not like he is in the top 10/20 and loses to nobody's Disagress with Nico in shape there's no chance for Lu,dont know what game your watching?and the run at the Olympics did make feel like Lu more,but ive seen a couple of his matches and seems to be improving and has a ok game!Nico is overated,dont get into too much of his wins 2/3 months ago either
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #43
country flag Machiavelli

I won't put my mone on lapentti, his fitness is doubtful, but i would never put a dime on Lu, in my eyes he is total rubbish
Old 08-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #44
country flag Machiavelli

It scares me, but today i might go with the German Davis Cup team; Kiwi easily, Shuetler will certainly give his best at one of his last Grand slams (he is better then Serra), Zverev will pay off, and Haas might be the pick of the day................
Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #45
country flag Machiavelli

Lee lost to Arevalo in Bejing, but giving Seppi a -7,5 handicap is way too much, Lee should cover this easily;

I will also have a punch against KArlovic, he plays an early match, hot and humid, J.Minar comes from the qualy, and if he does not shit in his pants, then I smell another 1st round loss for this disgrace of a tennis player.....