Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 98 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #1456
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

You really like Porcupine Tree, Karin

What's with the name change BTW?

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 01:22 AM   #1457
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Daniel! So nice to see you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
You really like Porcupine Tree, Karin
Oh yes I DO!!! I've followed that band for over 15 years now. Saw them perform live in tiny clubs just around the corner of my house. Astonished about their true talent, and even more, their relentless opposition against succumbing towards 'easy success'. I am in
And now...
It's soooooooo good to finally see a lovely band finally get the credits they so much deserve, after some 15-20 years of bloody HARD WORK.
And I happened to be there, right from the very start...

Quote:
What's with the name change BTW?
My beloved Mr. S.W. apparently has a cat roaming around his studio. It's named "Bonnie".

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-09-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #1458
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Daniel! So nice to see you back!
Likewise

Quote:
Oh yes I DO!!! I've followed that band for over 15 years. Astonished about their true talent, and even more, their relentless opposition against succumbing towards 'easy success'. I am in
It's soooooooo good to finally see a lovely band finally get the credits they so much deserve, after some 15-20 years of bloody HARD WORK.
And I happened to be there, right from the very start...
They've been going that long? I have one of their songs on flashplayer I don't really listen to them though. Sound like a good band though, and I wish them further success. Enjoy

Quote:
My beloved Mr. S.W. apparently has a cat roaming around his studio. It's named "Bonnie".
Oh, right

Old 10-09-2009, 01:34 AM   #1459
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Likewise
yeah!

Quote:
They've been going that long? I have one of their songs on flashplayer I don't really listen to them though. Sound like a good band though, and I wish them further success. Enjoy
Yeah, I saw the bloke perform with his band some 15 years ago in a tiny club just around the corner from where I live. I was enthralled and ever since, helped to spread 'the word around'.
So lovely to see him now finally Get All He Deserves.
That's one of his song titles, by the way.

What a talent... what luck... how lovely!
I am in awe.

Counting out the days to see the lovely bloke - The Master! - perform live again. Three days to go, to be exact.

Anathema

Old 10-09-2009, 01:57 AM   #1460
Anathemaniac

To all who seem to ask why I, and some other posters, don't post anymore in some certain thread...:

'SHE'S MOVED ON...'

Anathema

Old 10-09-2009, 02:02 AM   #1461
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Enjoi porcupeyen muzik karin

Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #1462
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Enjoi porcupeyen muzik karin
I'm so glad to see you back, Dani!
I'll try not to elaborate as of why I left The Castle. Most of the folks over there are perfectly okay. I just tried to talk some SENSE, i.e., please try to be a little *OBJECTIVE*, into one of the posters over there, and all I got in return was a heap of SH*T.
That was *just* enough for me. Bye Bye!

Anathema

Old 10-09-2009, 02:14 AM   #1463
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fábio!

In answer...

"Remember Me Lover"
Easily one of my favourite songs of the album!
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:28 AM   #1464
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Easily one of my favourite songs of the album!

As for me, I truly hope the guys will perform THIS one again:
-
"Halo".

The ultimate "Stick it Up Your a$$, if you think you're a 'better' person, just because you believe in some kind of 'god'."

YAY.
Mr. S.W.'s favourite book is Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion".
What a coincidence.

Anathema

Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 AM   #1465
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

As for me, I truly hope the guys will perform THIS one again:
-
"Halo".

The ultimate "Stick it Up Your a$$, if you think you're a 'better' person, just because you believe in some kind of 'god'."

YAY.
Mr. S.W.'s favourite book is Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion".
What a coincidence.
A great song, actually, but I never quite understood this "fixation" that SW has on this subject (reinforced now with The Occam's Razor)... Religion and Love and pretty much the only subjects where I think irrationality is acceptable: you can't give a logical explanation concerning your beliefs or concerning the way you feel about someone, but the sense of fullfilment is there nevertheless. And that happens to be the most important thing...
While there are a lot of agnostic people who just live their lives normally, I always found myself thinking when I came across with these messages that try to prove the unexistence of a god and that regard the "necessity" of religion as some kind of prison... I ask myself: isn't it a much bigger prison living your life trying to prove someone or something wrong? Not that SW himself is in a crusade against religion, though... But I always prefer when people sit down quietly at their corners, with their convictions... nevertheless, the lyrics are great!

Well, bed time for me!
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:48 AM   #1466
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
A great song, actually, but I never quite understood this "fixation" that SW has on this subject (reinforced now with The Occam's Razor)... Religion and Love and pretty much the only subjects where I think irrationality is acceptable: you can't give a logical explanation concerning your beliefs or concerning the way you feel about someone, but the sense of fullfilment is there nevertheless. And that happens to be the most important thing...
While there are a lot of agnostic people who just live their lives normally, I always found myself thinking when I came across with these messages that try to prove the unexistence of a god and that regard the "necessity" of religion as some kind of prison... I ask myself: isn't it a much bigger prison living your life trying to prove someone or something wrong? Not that SW himself is in a crusade against religion, though... But I always prefer when people sit down quietly at their corners, with their convictions... nevertheless, the lyrics are great!

Well, bed time for me!
Well I think, or rather, HOPE, that I understood Steven's lyrics very well. He rants about people thinking they're 'above' anyone else for the sole reason that they happen to believe in a 'god' - as if agnostics and atheists don't happen to have any 'moral feelings' themselves.
What bloody ARROGANCE!

I happen to fully agree with him, even more, if one just looks at all the atrocious deeds done 'in the name of 'god' ' over the past centuries, how do those folks even DARE to think they are 'better' than those of us who just accept Nature - yes, that includes Darwin, Dawkins, et al. - i.e., NO 'GOD' whatsoever, but just the Force of Science, i.e., Nature, as the only thing that truly matters?

I pretty know well whose side I am on.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-09-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:16 AM   #1467
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a religious person, but I don't mind if people around me believe or not, it's a personal option, what I don't like is fanatism, and it goes both ways, some atheists think all religious people are retards and some religious are just downright scary on their closed-minded view of the world

I don't have a issue with atheist/agnostics and respect everyone as long as they don't treat me as a lesser person just for the fact that I believe in something

Millions of crimes have been committed in the history of mankind, religion is just another excuse, people would just find a way, a excuse to kill each other, just because they can't accept the differences and sadly it is a part of human nature as you can see through the centuries, religion itself isn't bad, what is wrong is the fact that some of the religious people seem to think that they have all the truth and bring fanaticism and violence into something that's usually peaceful from the core, make their faith a complete contradiction, because all religions are just about the same principles: love and respect

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #1468
country flag ShotmaKer
Unregistered User

ShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond repute

Karin Jimmy Page says hello too I've never been that much into progressive rock tbh, I'm much more of a vintage blues/rock guy, but I think you already figured that out. Anyway, rock music FTW

instagram.com/ballstriker
Y'all are gobbling like a confused turkey !
ShotmaKer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #1469
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Karin i prefer this name

Dani welcome back
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #1470
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Just popped in to say like the new User Name Karin, and welcome back to MTF Daniel Hope all is well with you. Oh and hi Djou as well

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote