Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 96 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 10-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #1426
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Hey guys, I'm back! I will see if I can post a couple of Lisbon views here later today (if Karin allows, of course ). By the way, do I need to resize the pics before I post them or does the forum have that [IMG=...x...]...[/IMG] tool to resize them over here?
Hi there Black Dog, welcome back from your trip! And yes, of course, do post some of the Lisbon pics - I might well add some of mine from last year as well . Did you have fun?

As for resizing - yes, it's a good idea to do so before posting them over here, you can't resize them at MTF.

BTW... I'm so sorry, I forgot your real name...

Quote:
And in the meanwhile, good and recent stuff:



AWESOME! I love it! Could you believe it, never even heard of that band, and they aren't up at ProgArchives either. I'm going to make some work of that, as they obviously belong to be included over there.
Gorgeous melodic, proggie post-rock .
I could have sworn that band is European, but I found out they're from Los Angeles and even have some members from Cynic included? Wow. Thanks for pulling me from under that rock where I've been living for some time, apparently having missed this band...
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #1427
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Hi there Black Dog, welcome back from your trip! And yes, of course, do post some of the Lisbon pics - I might well add some of mine from last year as well . Did you have fun?

As for resizing - yes, it's a good idea to do so before posting them over here, you can't resize them at MTF.

BTW... I'm so sorry, I forgot your real name...
It was a good weekend! We (me and my brother) didn't have time to go to a lot of places, so we just revisited a couple of locations that we really like. The greatest part of our "schedule" was occupied with lunches and dinners. Oh, and by the way, it's Fábio!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
AWESOME! I love it! Could you believe it, never even heard of that band, and they aren't up at ProgArchives either. I'm going to make some work of that, as they obviously belong to be included over there.
Gorgeous melodic, proggie post-rock .
I could have sworn that band is European, but I found out they're from Los Angeles and even have some members from Cynic included? Wow. Thanks for pulling me from under that rock where I've been living for some time, apparently having missed this band...
Yeah, I found them because I read somewhere that Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert had this "side project" and decided to check them out! These two songs are from 2007 homonimous album, but I believe they have another one... Glad you liked them!
__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #1428
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
It was a good weekend! We (me and my brother) didn't have time to go to a lot of places, so we just revisited a couple of locations that we really like. The greatest part of our "schedule" was occupied with lunches and dinners. Oh, and by the way, it's Fábio!
Ah yeah, I now remember... Fábio!
Well I know you can have really good food over there... fish, of course. And porto.

Quote:
Yeah, I found them because I read somewhere that Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert had this "side project" and decided to check them out! These two songs are from 2007 homonimous album, but I believe they have another one... Glad you liked them!
Great find indeed.
It's so funny, Death and Cynic ARE on ProgArchives.com, but their far more proggie side-project isn't. I feel like I really have to take care of that. Will have to do a bit of research on the band for that though.
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #1429
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

By the way, as you see, I've changed my name - to yet another Mr. S.W. song/album title.

I did so as I read that Bonnie the Cat is indeed the name for a song on The Incident for which they could find no name for and decided to name the song after Steven's Studio Cat - combined with this picture that I found of his good friend Aviv Geffen hugging a cat (in my avvy).

So now the question remains... is the cat depicted in my avvy indeed Bonnie? I'd like to think so!
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #1430
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Ah yeah, I now remember... Fábio!
Well I know you can have really good food over there... fish, of course. And porto.
Fish is quite common in the mediterranean diet and deliciously cooked here in Portugal. And a bottle of Porto's wine is a must-have, definitely!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Great find indeed.
It's so funny, Death and Cynic ARE on ProgArchives.com, but their far more proggie side-project isn't. I feel like I really have to take care of that. Will have to do a bit of research on the band for that though.
Dont know if there's much information about them here, but I hope it will help: http://www.aeonspoke.com/main.html

Oh, and I noticed you changed your username! Bonnie the Cat is an awesome song!
__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #1431
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Fish is quite common in the mediterranean diet and deliciously cooked here in Portugal. And a bottle of Porto's wine is a must-have, definitely!
Oh yes, I know... and what a coincidence, I happen to LOVE seafood!
I really adore your country. Been there a couple of times, and it always strikes me how much more any place ajoining the Oceans - i.e. a real sea, as the Meditarreanian is just a massive 'pond' - is always so much more attractive to me. Portugal, with its culture, fado, etc., has this 'melancholic feel' about it, which to me is irresistable.
I've never been to the Algarve, but have visited Lisbon, Sintra, Estoril, Porto, and every square meter in between.

There is this history of the Portugese wanting to cross that gigantic sea which is always there in their hearts I guess. That's why I love Madeira, Porto Santo, as well as La Palma (as well as the unspoilt parts of the rest of the Canaries, even though they're Spanish) just as much. ~sigh~
Still have to visit the Azores, though. It will happen...

Quote:
Dont know if there's much information about them here, but I hope it will help: http://www.aeonspoke.com/main.html
Thanks, I already found that site, but every little thing just helps...
Fortunately I know the fellow who is in charge of adding 'new bands' to ProgArchives, Angelo, very well in person - I've done quite a few of suggestions and he's acknowledged them all so far.
So I hope he'll add the band as soon as I propose them. They NEED to be there!

Quote:
Oh, and I noticed you changed your username! Bonnie the Cat is an awesome song!
- well in fact it's one of the few songs I just can't really 'get into'.
But the story of the band having named this 'Piece of Work' after the cat that roams Mr. S.W.'s studio really did me in.
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-06-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #1432
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Oh yes, I know... and what a coincidence, I happen to LOVE seafood!
I really adore your country. Been there a couple of times, and it always strikes me how much more any place ajoining the Oceans - i.e. a real sea, as the Meditarreanian is just a massive 'pond' - is always so much more attractive to me. Portugal, with its culture, fado, etc., has this 'melancholic feel' about it, which to me is irresistable.
I've never been to the Algarve, but have visited Lisbon, Sintra, Estoril, Porto, and every square meter in between.

There is this history of the Portugese wanting to cross that gigantic sea which is always there in their hearts I guess. That's why I love Madeira, Porto Santo, as well as La Palma (as well as the unspoilt parts of the rest of the Canaries, even though they're Spanish) just as much. ~sigh~
Still have to visit the Azores, though. It will happen...
Well, you alredy have an advantage since I never was in Madeira!

So here they go:

Two pics from "A Ginjinha", the most well-known establishment selling ginjinha, i.e., cherry liquor (if you like porto's, you would love this one too )





And some pics of the view you have near Santa Luzia's belvedere:









Porto is also an awesome city (even more beautiful than Lisbon, in my humble opinion), but since I lived there for four years while I was in college, my (quite recent) memories of the city aren't that great!

Too bad that some of the most beautiful views and places are a bit "hidden" from the occasional tourist, since they aren't located in the "big towns"... Me and my friends took this photos in a place that is more or less 20 minutes away from my home (by car):







Great and quiet place, wouldn't mind to have a house there! But then again, like many many others, far from the sight of most people... But it's pretty much the same thing in other countries, so...
__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #1433
country flag ryan23
Registered User
 
ryan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: England
Age: 30
Posts: 30,753
ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

I go to Portugal a lot for my holidays and the people are fantastic and the weather is always good especially right down on the south, just dont mention the Spanish to them
__________________

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #1434
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Well, you alredy have an advantage since I never was in Madeira!

So here they go:

Two pics from "A Ginjinha", the most well-known establishment selling ginjinha, i.e., cherry liquor (if you like porto's, you would love this one too )
Great and quiet place, wouldn't mind to have a house there! But then again, like many many others, far from the sight of most people... But it's pretty much the same thing in other countries, so...
I've been to EXACTLY the same places, LOL!
No time for now, but will upload some of my piccies soon.

So you haven't yet been to Madeira and Porto Santo, but have you ever been to the Azores? A taxi driver who drove us from Lisbon Airport to the city told us that for genuine Nature Lovers (well, as a biologist, I happen to fall in that kind of category), one SHOULD ABSOLUTELY visit the Azores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
I go to Portugal a lot for my holidays and the people are fantastic and the weather is always good especially right down on the south, just dont mention the Spanish to them
Hi there Ryan!

Yeah... Portugal is just FANTASTIC.
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #1435
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Just a few of my Lisbon (and environment) pics:













I LOVED those trams!

Great, GREAT city!

Oh, and back to the subject, I've posted an update on my review on The Incident on my blog (see link in my siggie) - please comment, if you please.
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #1436
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

Back on topic, folks. Some Marillion Classics, here:


The Web.

"The time has come to make decisions...
And thus, comes The Web.
Decisions Have Been Made...!

... Thus ends The Web...!"


Derek W. Dick on the vocals.

And of course...

The Script for a Jester's Tear...:


"I'm losing on the swings, I'm losing on the roundabouts - the game is OVER!"

FANTASTIC, classic prog rock!
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:56 AM   #1437
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

No, I never was in Açores (that's how you write it in portuguese ), but as you might understand, there's always a lot of publicity on TV to both archipelagos and the newest fashion in a TV channel over here is to produce soap-operas partially in Açores or Madeira, so they can show all that natural beauty (needless to say that they pay huge amounts of money to that channel for the indirect publicity...). But if you like nature, I would definitely recommend you a trip to Açores. Not only for the landscapes, which are absolutely gorgeous, but also for the diversity of fauna and flora. If you're a biologist, it should come close to paradise for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Just a few of my Lisbon (and environment) pics:













I LOVED those trams!

Great, GREAT city!

Oh, and back to the subject, I've posted an update on my review on The Incident on my blog (see link in my siggie) - please comment, if you please.
First photo was taken from the Santa Justa's lift, wasn't it? And by the way, those trams are called "eléctricos" and they are awesome! Had the opportunity to take a ride in one and the feel and sound of the wood grinding while you're inside it is priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
I go to Portugal a lot for my holidays and the people are fantastic and the weather is always good especially right down on the south, just dont mention the Spanish to them
There is indeed an historical tension between portuguese and spanish, but the relations between the two countries are great. Of course you might hear some people trash-talking Spain out of the blue, but most of the times is just harmless jokes! I believe we get along pretty well nowadays!
__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #1438
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread!

And yeah, back on topic, another "split in half" specialty:



__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:07 AM   #1439
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
No, I never was in Açores (that's how you write it in portuguese ), but as you might understand, there's always a lot of publicity on TV to both archipelagos and the newest fashion in a TV channel over here is to produce soap-operas partially in Açores or Madeira, so they can show all that natural beauty (needless to say that they pay huge amounts of money to that channel for the indirect publicity...). But if you like nature, I would definitely recommend you a trip to Açores. Not only for the landscapes, which are absolutely gorgeous, but also for the diversity of fauna and flora. If you're a biologist, it should come close to paradise for you!
Aye, yes Madeira was close to Paradise (not as much as La Palm, though) - but on either the islands I thought Darwin didn't really have to float off to the Galapagos as he did...
I saw a lot of plants and birdlife that already struck me as him being Right On Spot, over there.
Chances are quite good that I'll be paying a visit to Galapagos next year though, as I've found someone willing to offer this Biologist that trip!

Quote:
First photo was taken from the Santa Justa's lift, wasn't it? And by the way, those trams are called "eléctricos" and they are awesome! Had the opportunity to take a ride in one and the feel and sound of the wood grinding while you're inside it is priceless!
Spot-on!
I loved it. Jumped on any of those trams whereever I felt 'too tired' to go hiking. Fantastic!

Quote:
There is indeed an historical tension between portuguese and spanish, but the relations between the two countries are great. Of course you might hear some people trash-talking Spain out of the blue, but most of the times is just harmless jokes! I believe we get along pretty well nowadays!
Sounds like the rubbish between The Netherlands and Belgium. No sane soul takes it seriously.

Okay, another Marillion-classic.

Chelsea Monday
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:09 AM   #1440
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
No, I never was in Açores (that's how you write it in portuguese ), but as you might understand, there's always a lot of publicity on TV to both archipelagos and the newest fashion in a TV channel over here is to produce soap-operas partially in Açores or Madeira, so they can show all that natural beauty (needless to say that they pay huge amounts of money to that channel for the indirect publicity...). But if you like nature, I would definitely recommend you a trip to Açores. Not only for the landscapes, which are absolutely gorgeous, but also for the diversity of fauna and flora. If you're a biologist, it should come close to paradise for you!
Aye, yes Madeira was close to Paradise (not as much as La Palma, though) - but on either the islands I thought Darwin didn't really have to float off to the Galapagos as he did...
I saw a lot of plants and birdlife that already struck me as him being Right On Spot, over there.
Chances are quite good that I'll be paying a visit to Galapagos next year though, as I've found someone willing to offer this Biologist that trip!

Quote:
First photo was taken from the Santa Justa's lift, wasn't it? And by the way, those trams are called "eléctricos" and they are awesome! Had the opportunity to take a ride in one and the feel and sound of the wood grinding while you're inside it is priceless!
Spot-on!
I loved it. Jumped on any of those trams whereever I felt 'too tired' to go hiking. Fantastic!

Quote:
There is indeed an historical tension between portuguese and spanish, but the relations between the two countries are great. Of course you might hear some people trash-talking Spain out of the blue, but most of the times is just harmless jokes! I believe we get along pretty well nowadays!
Sounds like the rubbish between The Netherlands and Belgium. No sane soul takes it seriously.

Okay, another Marillion-classic.



Chelsea Monday

"Patience my tinsel angel, patience my perfumed child! -
One day they'll really love you, you'll charm them with that smile,
But for now - its just another chelsea monday -
Sweet Chelsea Monday!

....

Voice: Hello John, did you see The Standard about four hours ago?
Fished a young chick out of the old water.
Blond hair, blue eyes...
She said she wanted to be an actress or something.
Funny thing was she had a smile on her face
She was smiling - What a waste!!!!

A Catalogue princess, apprentice seductress,
Buried in her cellophane world in glitter town -
Of chelsea monday.
Chelsea Monday -
She was only dreaming..."


Oh so sad, so beautiful.
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-07-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios