Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 93 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #1381
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth84 View Post
Thats really great to see.

S.W and co deserve all the success they get.
- well it's really getting funny now, even interviews published in the free papers you get in public transport over here - which usually only pay attention to the 'trendies'.
Rather strange to see the faces of the four blokes pictured in such 'papers' after more than FIFTEEN YEARS of ZERO ATTENTION in the mainstream press.
Better late-than-never eh?

Very much deserved, and a great reward for Mr. S.W.'s relentless endurance and belief in himself.

Quote:
Btw ive really been hammering there latest the past week or so and i know it's a big call but i think this album may be the best effort they have put out yet. A friend of mine who i work with who has also known of the band for awhile is loving the album too and thinks it's the best he's heard so im not the only one. Of course it's gotta stand the test of time but i would say for sure it's the best thing since Stupid Dream/Signify (there 2 best works imo)
- The reactions and reviews on The Incident on ProgArchives are mixed so far - people either regard it as a masterpiece of art, or as a major failure. (fortunately the former are in the majority).
I personally think that's a good thing - genuine masterpieces always have some 'controversy' around them, as is still the case with Stupid Dream as well (some folks still think that album is too 'poppy' :retard: - a clear sign of 'not getting it', imho).

Two years ago, when PT released FOABP, there were these kind of reviews as well, and I well remember The Master himself joining in on the discussions on the forum. I doubt he will do so again (alas, it was fun!), I guess he'll just 'sit back and laugh' this time.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 10-03-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #1382
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Karin! Thx for the Halle info. So is it worth it to try and get Category 1 if the others are good too?

Anyway to the point, what do you think of Caravan? My iPod keeps trying to make me listen to more than three songs in a row, but as much as I like to listen a song here and there, I think they lacked some variety...

This is class though.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #1383
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Karin! Thx for the Halle info. So is it worth it to try and get Category 1 if the others are good too?

Anyway to the point, what do you think of Caravan? My iPod keeps trying to make me listen to more than three songs in a row, but as much as I like to listen a song here and there, I think they lacked some variety...

This is class though.

Jose I couldn't lurk here any longer, without being bought out of the woodwork at the mention of one of my all-time faves. Why - even our chat thread in Nole's Forum is named after a line in this song

I remember seeing Caravan here in the UK when I was still a little girl - I love them. This track comes from the same album as your "Golf Girl" btw - "In the and of Grey and Pink".

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #1384
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi there José!
You're welcome! - Yes, I'd surely advice you to get Category 1, as those are the best seats in the house - at least a lot closer to the court (which you emphasized) as the other categories are on the upper ring, so a lot further away.

Quote:

This is class though.

I fully agree! I have the same problem with Caravan, and well, with ALL of the 'Canterbury Scene'-bands. A bit too samey and dull to keep me attached to the music for a longer period of time - or should I say, too 'jazzy-technical' - but I am the first to acknowledge that it's all a matter of personal taste.
This is a great song, though. One of their best.

Anathema

Old 10-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #1385
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post
Jose I couldn't lurk here any olnger, without being bought out of the woodwork at the mention of one of my all-time faves. Why - even our chat thread in Nole's Forum is named after a line in this song

I remember seeing Caravan here in the UK when I was still a little girl - I love them. This track comes from the same album as your "Golf Girl" btw - "In the and of Grey and Pink".
Rose!

Yeah I know you're a BIG fan...
Well isn't that one of the nice things of Prog? There's something for everyone.

Anathema

Old 10-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #1386
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Rose!

Yeah I know you're a BIG fan...
Well isn't that one of the nice things of Prog? There's something for everyone.
Indeed I am Karin. And sadly you and I are probably two of the only people on MTF old enough to remember all this stuff the first time round

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 10-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #1387
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Indeed I am Karin. And sadly you and I are probably two of the only people on MTF old enough to remember all this stuff the first time round
-well, there's a good side to 'being old enough...' etc. - at least we had the opportunity to see all of these great bands of the past play live!

I often meet (much) younger folks at the concerts I visit nowadays, and so very often I get this reaction like "Ohhhh, you saw [fill in Band X here] play LIVE???"

Anathema

Old 10-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #1388
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
-well, there's a good side on 'being old enough...' etc. - at least we had the opportunity to see all of these great bands of the past play live!

I often meet (much) younger folks at the concerts I visit nowadays, and so very often I get this reaction like "Ohhhh, you saw [fill in Band X here] play LIVE???"
Yes - so do I actually. People like "Rush" another of my all-time faves, Pink Floyd and Genesis in the 80's And then the later Brit "prog" bands like Marillion, who I used to watch rehearsing in a Village Hall, and the ones I saw during my stint working in A & R in the late 80's. Ah - the memories.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #1389
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #1390
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

You old people and your old music.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 10-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #1391
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:

That's a Jase comment - have you been taking lessons?

Old 10-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #1392
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
That's a Jase comment - have you been taking lessons?
Shhh I'm waiting for his reply!

Old 10-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #1393
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Yes - so do I actually. People like "Rush" another of my all-time faves, Pink Floyd and Genesis in the 80's And then the later Brit "prog" bands like Marillion, who I used to watch rehearsing in a Village Hall, and the ones I saw during my stint working in A & R in the late 80's. Ah - the memories.
Yeah...
Saw Rush play some ten times now, even in Canada. Yes - idem. Marillion, Pendagron, IQ, Pallas, all of them in the club around the corner where I live.
And of course my current favs (PT, Anathema, Opeth, The Flower Kings, Anekdoten, etc.), who I've been following for over ten years right now and have seen them develop from '50 paying visitors' to sold-out halls and festivals containing a 100-fold of such numbers.
Memories, memories...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Hi there Jase!

Quote:

Anathema

Old 10-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #1394
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Yeah...
Saw Rush play some ten times now, even in Canada. Yes - idem. Marillion, Pendagron, IQ, Pallas, all of them in the club around the corner where I live.
And of course my current favs (PT, Anathema, Anekdoten, etc.), who I've been following for over ten years right now and have seen them develop from '50 paying visitors' to sold-out halls and festivals containing a 100-fold of such numbers.
Memories, memories...

Hi there Jase!

I know the Pendragon guys very well And still see some of the old IQ and Pallas boys around - though they're not so much "boys" anymore as they're all older than me (and that's saying something ) Did you ever see Twelfth Night btw? And if so - what did you think?

Old 10-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #1395
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what to say to that

Karin + Rosie
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote