Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 90 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-27-2009, 01:26 AM   #1336
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

"Follow me down, to the valley below, you know,
Moonlight is bleeding, from out of your soul... "

"My David, don't you worry, this Cold World is not for you -
So rest your head upon me, I have strength to carry you!"

Porcupine Tree's LOVELY Lazarus.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 09-27-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #1337
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

And perhaps his best of ALL:

Sentimental.

"I'm finding it hard, to Hang from a Star..."

F**king BEAUTIFUL.

[EDIT] and as I'm, off to witness a full-fledged ProgRock Festival - Symphorce III tomorrow, I greet ye all for now, my dears.

Anathema

Old 09-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #1338
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

^^Excellent song, and I love the "adaptation" they made for Nil Recurring, Normal!

Well, enjoy the festival then!
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #1339
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Nice to see you around!
Thank you.
I'm reading your thread almost everyday.

Quote:
Well thank you!
In fact, Danny C. has done much better covers of many PF songs in the past, but this was in fact a lovely gesture of friendliness to a guy that did a lot for him at that venue during the past. So whether the two of them pulled it off well or not, I couldn't help but just record it, for Michiel most of all.
OK then. It's a nice song to pick for such a tribute.

Quote:
Danny had serious trouble with his voice that evening as some IDIOT entered the backstage-zone two nights before, 'armed' with a can of pepperspray .
Yeah we noticed that.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #1340
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, I've read you talked about the Doors.

My fave is The End. I would like to classify it as real prog but some would certainly disagree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b26BD5KjH0
Old 09-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #1341
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
By the way, I've read you talked about the Doors.

My fave is The End. I would like to classify it as real prog but some would certainly disagree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b26BD5KjH0
That's one of their BEST.

Oh by the way, I requested for a Name Change.
My name will be in honour of Mr. Steven Wilson's Studio Cat soon.

Mew.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 09-28-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #1342
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's one of their BEST.

Oh by the way, I requested for a Name Change.

Mew.
I'm really digging that PT promotional pic that you have in your sig. Like SW said in that interview you showed, they will stand out a bit in the Roadrunner page...

And by the way, I was listening to Insurgentes right after I listened to The Incident and I believe Steven is robbing ideas from himself! I swear I could put "Remember Me Lover" and "Insurgentes" playing on top of each other and the beggining of both songs would get along pretty well... But I find that cool, recycling some ideas is a good strategy to avoid running out of... yeah, you guessed it - ideas.
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Old 09-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #1343
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Now that in the last few posts there aren't any idiots, I'll post a song I've been listening to a lot.

I know this song is way bigger, but this part is just ultra-beautiful.

Greg Lake!
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #1344
country flag Black Dog

Hey, look who's back (posting)! Great song, by the way.

O Ao vivo em Montreux dos A Cor do Som e o Fingers do Airto já estão ouvidos e aprovadíssimos!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:13 AM   #1345
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Hey, look who's back (posting)! Great song, by the way.

O Ao vivo em Montreux dos A Cor do Som e o Fingers do Airto já estão ouvidos e aprovadíssimos!
Fico feliz que gostaste!

Gostou do choro nas guitarras baianas então?
Old 09-28-2009, 04:23 AM   #1346
country flag Black Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Fico feliz que gostaste!

Gostou do choro nas guitarras baianas então?
E não só!

Acho que fiquei fã do Tombo em 7/4!

Já tenho mais uns trabalhos do Airto aqui em lista de espera para ouvir (a solo e com a Flora Purim)... Vou tratar de os ouvir nos próximos dias!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:28 AM   #1347
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
E não só!

Acho que fiquei fã do Tombo em 7/4!

Já tenho mais uns trabalhos do Airto aqui em lista de espera para ouvir (a solo e com a Flora Purim)... Vou tratar de os ouvir nos próximos dias!
Sim, o Tombo em 7/4 é famosíssimo.

Não sei se conheces o Tommy Bolin, que tocou com a James Gang e a Deep Purple... ele tem um disco de outtakes de estúdio onde ele toca Tombo em 7/4 em uma jam. Incrível.

Sobre o A Cor do Som, é importante notar que o grande músico ali (embora todos sejam geniais), é o Armandinho Macedo. Se te interessares, procura vídeos dele no youtube - ele toca até Boléro de Ravel.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 AM   #1348
country flag Black Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Sim, o Tombo em 7/4 é famosíssimo.

Não sei se conheces o Tommy Bolin, que tocou com a James Gang e a Deep Purple... ele tem um disco de outtakes de estúdio onde ele toca Tombo em 7/4 em uma jam. Incrível.

Sobre o A Cor do Som, é importante notar que o grande músico ali (embora todos sejam geniais), é o Armandinho Macedo. Se te interessares, procura vídeos dele no youtube - ele toca até Boléro de Ravel.
Conhecia o Tommy Bolin apenas de Deep Purple... Morreu cedo demais, mas também não fez muito por viver mais tempo...

Quanto a esse Armandinho, vi algumas referências a ele nos comentários a alguns videos que vi no Youtube dos A Cor do Som, mas não cheguei a ver nada específico dele. Tenho de passar uma vista de olhos!

Bem, vou ver se me deito porque cá em Portugal já é quase de manhã...

Boa noite!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:04 AM   #1349
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Conhecia o Tommy Bolin apenas de Deep Purple... Morreu cedo demais, mas também não fez muito por viver mais tempo...

Quanto a esse Armandinho, vi algumas referências a ele nos comentários a alguns videos que vi no Youtube dos A Cor do Som, mas não cheguei a ver nada específico dele. Tenho de passar uma vista de olhos!

Bem, vou ver se me deito porque cá em Portugal já é quase de manhã...

Boa noite!
Boa noite! Durma bem!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #1350
country flag Echoes

Quote:
Mew.
Wow. When I first saw it I thought he had Santa Claus' beard. I wasn't really woken up.