Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #121
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

A song that always makes me cry
VdGG - Refugees

jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2008, 02:33 AM   #122
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
A song that always makes me cry
VdGG - Refugees

What can I say? If this doesn't bring tears to your eyes, your heart must be of stone.
This is a genuine MASTERPIECE... oh, VDGG!!!
I was at their concerts this year and the past year, and oh whoopie - just FANTASTIC!!!

Thank you for your contribution, much appreciated!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:42 AM   #123
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

My contribution for tonight:

Rush - Xanadu...

From their outstanding live recording 'R30' - if you haven't seen this one yet, do check it out. Immaculate, what a performance!!!

Anathema

Old 10-03-2008, 02:57 AM   #124
Anathemaniac

Not to be forgotten this one:

"Though his mind is not for rent
Don't put him down as arrogant...

::::::::::::::::

Exit the Warrior,
Today's Tom Sawyer -
He gets high on you
And the energy you trade
He gets right on to the friction of the day..."

Rush - Tom Sawyer

Anathema

Old 10-03-2008, 04:17 AM   #125
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

F*** me, this is music.

Chris Squire = animal.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #126
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome thread, thanx.

I used to idolize all of them in my teens: Yes, PF, EL&P, JT, KC ... which was kinda freakish as my teens were well past those bands' peak, most of them already didn't exist in fact. I still inmensely enjoy listening them but I don't follow contemporary "prog-rock" anymore, now I'm basically a compulsive listener of "electronic music" (quite wide a tag if you ask me, it might actually include some of the newer bands posted here)

anyway, one of my faves from that era:

Locomotive Breath :-: Jethro Tull

Last edited by JolánGagó : 10-03-2008 at 09:43 AM.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #127
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Another fave. They were far from common, in fact the most pretentious (they could) of them all. I wish I could've found their version of Pictures at an exhibition :-: Mussorgsky to post here.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer :-: Fanfare For the Common Man

Old 10-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #128
country flag JolánGagó

This is more the kind of music I mostly follow now (meaning the last 10yrs or so). It isn't PROG-ROCK but you can see the path from there, and some of you might like it anyway

In any case, Stupid Dream, feel free to delete if it's found to be too much of a deviation from the original topic.

The biggest fan :-: Märtini Brös

Last night, darling, I lost my underwear
Sak Noel
Old 10-04-2008, 12:55 AM   #129
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

So you aren't such a big :retard: as I thought. At least you once liked real music.

Amazing songs and basswork. I'm proud I got my hands into a deluxe edition of this album, with remastered sound and a dvd.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 AM   #130
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
This is more the kind of music I mostly follow now (meaning the last 10yrs or so). It isn't PROG-ROCK but you can see the path from there, and some of you might like it anyway

In any case, Stupid Dream, feel free to delete if it's found to be too much of a deviation from the original topic.
It's perfectly fine I think! And yes, I like it.
Feel free to post more, JG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
So you aren't such a big :retard: as I thought. At least you once liked real music.
Meh, Gu, keep it friendly over here eh.
Good Music can bring together the most various sorts of the human kind...

Quote:
Amazing songs and basswork. I'm proud I got my hands into a deluxe edition of this album, with remastered sound and a dvd.
I have THREE different versions of this absolute masterwork by Chrissie.
The original LP (from 1976, ), the Japanese release on CD, AND the deluxe edition as well. Call me a fan.

Chrissie RULEZZZ, an absolute BEAST on the bass - eh, the Rickenbacker 4001, of course.

Anathema

Old 10-04-2008, 01:40 AM   #131
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
I have THREE different versions of this absolute masterwork by Chrissie.
The original LP (from 1976, ), the Japanese release on CD, AND the deluxe edition as well. Call me a fan.

Chrissie RULEZZZ, an absolute BEAST on the bass - eh, the Rickenbacker 4001, of course.
Yeah, I would have them too if I was born before 1976.

Lucky Seven is my favorite song in that album, though. I think I'm picking it for my graduation, if I do the ceremony.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:56 AM   #132
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Yeah, I would have them too if I was born before 1976.

Quote:
Lucky Seven is my favorite song in that album, though. I think I'm picking it for my graduation, if I do the ceremony.
I really like ALL of that album. The combination of that roaring bass, the orchestra, Bill Bruford's drumming and Chris' voice is just fantastic.

Anathema

Old 10-04-2008, 02:00 AM   #133
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
I really like ALL of that album. The combination of that roaring bass, the orchestra, Bill Bruford's drumming and Chris' voice is just fantastic.
I still prefer the 7/4 waves of Lucky Seven.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #134
country flag JolánGagó

Quote:
I still do hehe. But it won't keep me from being as big a :retard: as you could never dream of but if you don't mind let's keep that out of this thread, as SD has asked we have the whole forum, let's keep this corner for sharing the good music we all happen to like.

Do you guys like Alan Parsons Project? IMO their music isn't at the same level as the greatest of the "genre" but some of their works I enjoy a lot, they instantly bring back to me very good moments from the past. This one is more prog-pop than rock:

Eye in the sky :-: Alan Parsons Project

Sak Noel
Old 10-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #135
country flag JolánGagó

A classic from this more electronically oriented band of the prog-rock pack. Total madness. Like 15yrs ahead of their time. The vid is cool too.

I Robot :-: Alan Parsons Project

Sak Noel