Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 88 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #1306
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Listen to THIS:

"Yes I'm a CLOWN in the eyes of the world!"

Fantastic song. From Roine's Stardust We Are-album, which I think is a true masterpiece!
And this is good stuff indeed!
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2009, 01:47 AM   #1307
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
And this is good stuff indeed!
- that's the opening track to Roine's/The Flower King's GORGEOUS album Stardust We Are. A genuine masterpiece. Love that album.

Oh boy, what happened to them thereafter...

Okay, bye-bye for me now. Me and my partner just got our asses handed over to us tonight, 48% . Good times, still managed to keep ourselves secured in the top 10 of the club. OOps.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:58 AM   #1308
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Top-10 is good! Well, I guess...

See you tomorrow!
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Old 09-25-2009, 02:07 AM   #1309
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Top-10 is good! Well, I guess...
Yeah well it was... pard & me were rather surprised to hear we still made it, fortunately a lot of the other Top Guys made a mess of it just like we did.

Quote:
See you tomorrow!
Tomorrow I'm going to visit a concert of Danny Cavanagh with Anneke van Giersbergen at the Dynamo Café in Eindhoven.

Ah the reprise of this one:

Goodbye, see ye all back in some 24 hours from now!

Anathema

Old 09-25-2009, 02:12 AM   #1310
country flag Black Dog

Well, lucky you!

Enjoy the concert then!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #1311
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe they fired Vortex. Dimmu's last effort was pretty poor.
An Arcturus reunion would be awesome.
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:33 AM   #1312
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I would like to see him being recognized by his peers in the way Mr. SW does (well, SW admires him already, so that's something)! And kudos to him also for being able to deal so well with his fellows' department! I'm reading the statements of both parts regarding Vortex's and Mustis's department from Dimmu Borgir and it's a complete bitchfest... Worse than WTA...
Yep for sure Mike and SW are top blokes for sure. Below is a clip from Opeths 2nd visit to Perth in 2006 an was on the Ghost Reveries tour unfortunately this was at the time Lopez was unable to perform an Martin Axenrot was filling in on drum duties. Was a great gig though and had the whole place laughing most of the night in between songs. Was totally different from seeing them in 2003 he wasn't the frontman he is today.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:44 AM   #1313
country flag Black Dog

Hey, it's great to find another Arcturus fan (I found one on WTF too )! Although I really liked Garm's voice, I can't help but to revere Vortex's vocal abilities... His voice is a true gift, and even the songs from their previoous albums sound great with it!

And yes, Mikael is indeed an awesome frontman. When I saw them live in December 2006 (already with Axenrot, also), he even made Mendez play a Michael Jackson's bass line... I guess it's on Youtube, too!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:45 AM   #1314
country flag Black Dog

Eheh, here is the complete scene :

Mendez gets the wrong notes in the end...
Old 09-25-2009, 03:04 AM   #1315
country flag opeth84

Quote:
Eheh, here is the complete scene :

Mendez gets the wrong notes in the end...
Great vid. Yea seems Arcturus fans are few and far between. An amazing band. Im sure your also aware of Borknagar? In my opinion not as good as Arcturus but a great band no less.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:08 AM   #1316
country flag Black Dog

Currently I only have The Archaic Course in my PC... I have to check Quintessence too, since he sings in both...
Old 09-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #1317
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth84 View Post
Yep for sure Mike and SW are top blokes for sure. Below is a clip from Opeths 2nd visit to Perth in 2006 an was on the Ghost Reveries tour unfortunately this was at the time Lopez was unable to perform an Martin Axenrot was filling in on drum duties. Was a great gig though and had the whole place laughing most of the night in between songs. Was totally different from seeing them in 2003 he wasn't the frontman he is today.
That's so true. The guy always keeps on cracking jokes all throughout the concert - I happen to think he at times even overdoes it! I well remember a concert in Amsterdam's Milky Way some two years ago and he actually wasted a LOT of time on dropping anekdotes whereas I had rather preferred to hear one or two more SONGS.

I know, it's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth84 View Post
Great vid. Yea seems Arcturus fans are few and far between. An amazing band. Im sure your also aware of Borknagar? In my opinion not as good as Arcturus but a great band no less.
The Archaic Course and Quintessence here in my cupboard as well. Mainly because of Vortex' singing.

Anathema

Old 09-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #1318
country flag Black Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
That's so true. The guy always keeps on cracking jokes all throughout the concert - I happen to think he at times even overdoes it! I well remember a concert in Amsterdam's Milky Way some two years ago and he actually wasted a LOT of time on dropping anekdotes whereas I had rather preferred to hear one or two more SONGS.
Yeah, he could definitely have a career as a stand-up comedian (at least a part-time one)!

Well, more portuguese prog-rock: the song is called Mestre and it's from Petrus Castrus' 1973 homonymous album. This song is great (well, for me of course )! But if you don't like it, you can say. I won't be mad!

Old 09-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #1319
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

I was listening to the Doors last night and even though they were around before prog rock, prog rock bands most of been influenced by them as they werent far of, i'm sure Karin and Glenn must like the Doors....surely?

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #1320
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
I was listening to the Doors last night and even though they were around before prog rock, prog rock bands most of been influenced by them as they werent far of, i'm sure Karin and Glenn must like the Doors....surely?
Hi there Ryan!

I surely like the Doors, and just like ProgArchives.com does, I put them in the proto-prog hole - not really prog, but surely of great influence, especially Ray Manzarek's work on the keyboards.

Anathema