Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 87 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 09-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #1291
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Good luck, then!
__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-24-2009, 02:04 AM   #1292
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Vamos Karin!!!
the rest of the field can do one thing and one thing only: PRAY FOR DEATH
take care
- me and pard (Martijn) did very well last week, 68% is a Monster Score - but I attribute at least 10% of that to sheer luck. Not going to happen again.

Well who cares. We were very happy indeed about that, as for the very first time, we seemed to be able to not only do damage to the Top Dogs, but avoided to mess up against the weaker opps just the same. Usually, the 'clowns' manage to beat us up all the same.

Okay, really OFF now. Have a good sleep, all of you!
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #1293
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Posts: 20,521
Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

hey Karin. just popping in to say hello. I paid for 60 minutes of internet and I still have 25 minutes left...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Armstrong says in-competition testing will never catch anyone, only out-of-competition testing and the blood passport can.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #1294
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
hey Karin. just popping in to say hello. I paid for 60 minutes of internet and I still have 25 minutes left...
Hi there Jose...
Hope I posted this in time.
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #1295
country flag opeth84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 30
Posts: 362
opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Thanks Nat, much appreciated!

I can´t stress how big this guy is... Akerfeldt referred to him as a "natural-born drummer" and that's indeed what he is...
Nice video Nat

I always rewatch the Lamentations dvd documentry to watch what is in my opinion is the classic lineup even if it wasn't there first.

An amazing drummer and the band isn't the same without him.
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #1296
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

^^ I absolutely agree... Lopez's work is quite detached from Nordin's and Axenrot's work, and this doesn't mean that the last two aren't good drummers (on the contrary, they are great), it just means that Lopez is beyond greatness...

And I must agree also that the Lamentations line-up is the greatest of all... But then again, kudos to Mr. Akerfeldt's genius for being able to compose songs that fit perfectly to the style of Opeth's new members... I would like to see him being recognized by his peers in the way Mr. SW does (well, SW admires him already, so that's something)! And kudos to him also for being able to deal so well with his fellows' department! I'm reading the statements of both parts regarding Vortex's and Mustis's department from Dimmu Borgir and it's a complete bitchfest... Worse than WTA...
__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #1297
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
^^ I absolutely agree... Lopez's work is quite detached from Nordin's and Axenrot's work, and this doesn't mean that the last two aren't good drummers (on the contrary, they are great), it just means that Lopez is beyond greatness...
Absolutely. One of my favs ever, together with Neil Peart, Gavin Harrison & Dutch drummer Ed Warby.

Quote:
And I must agree also that the Lamentations line-up is the greatest of all... But then again, kudos to Mr. Akerfeldt's genius for being able to compose songs that fit perfectly to the style of Opeth's new members... I would like to see him being recognized by his peers in the way Mr. SW does (well, SW admires him already, so that's something)!
Mikael is obviously a good fellow to work with together, just like Mr. S.W.
And having their names mentioned on each other's albums surely has benefited them both - I know plenty of progfans who actually started to listen to Opeth when they found out SW did several production jobs for them (and lended his mellotron to them ), as well as a lot of metalfans who checked out PT because of the friendly relationship - not to mention Mikael's appearance on Deadwing.

Quote:
And kudos to him also for being able to deal so well with his fellows' department! I'm reading the statements of both parts regarding Vortex's and Mustis's department from Dimmu Borgir and it's a complete bitchfest... Worse than WTA...
Pfft, yeah. What a shame. I thought Mustis and Vortex were pretty essential to the band by now, but it seems they haven't yet learned from the Drummer Debacles they already had all throughtout their career.
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #1298
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Absolutely. One of my favs ever, together with Neil Peart, Gavin Harrison & Dutch drummer Ed Warby.
Ed Warby is the Ayreon guy, isn't he (I've heard of his other band, Gorefest, but I ever checked them though...)? Love his drumming, very good and very, very tight.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Mikael is obviously a good fellow to work with together, just like Mr. S.W.
And having their names mentioned on each other's albums surely has benefited them both - I know plenty of progfans who actually started to listen to Opeth when they found out SW did several production jobs for them (and lended his mellotron to them ), as well as a lot of metalfans who checked out PT because of the friendly relationship - not to mention Mikael's appearance on Deadwing.
He is the one who plays the solo on Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, I believe... I really love his guitar compositions, and knowing he even disses his own abilities saying he is "the slow hand of Death Metal" (pretty much like Steven Wilson ), makes me respect him even more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Pfft, yeah. What a shame. I thought Mustis and Vortex were pretty essential to the band by now, but it seems they haven't yet learned from the Drummer Debacles they already had all throughtout their careers.
The arguments used on the discussion are beyond hideous, it's just repugnant... Well, time for an Arcturus reunion, I hope...
__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #1299
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Ed Warby is the Ayreon guy, isn't he (I've heard of his other band, Gorefest, but I ever checked them though...)? Love his drumming, very good and very, very tight.
Yeah.
Gorefest is pure Death Metal but he pulls that off very well as well. Very talented guy.

Quote:
He is the one who plays the solo on Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, I believe... I really love his guitar compositions, and knowing he even disses his own abilities saying he is "the slow hand of Death Metal" (pretty much like Steven Wilson ), makes me respect him even more!
- so true. Well apparently both of them are rather 'normal' fellows, no 'Star behaviour' of any kind (Mikael is a married guy, father of two daughters, whereas SW is the ultimate ever-boyish über-nerd ). I have never seen anyone say anything bad about either of them (apart from perhaps The Flower King's Roine Stolt, with whom Steven has this little feud going on...).

Quote:
The arguments used on the discussion are beyond hideous, it's just repugnant... Well, time for an Arcturus reunion, I hope...
Yeah and so very uncalled for! ( )
Arcturus reunion... wouldn't at all mind that happening.

Well off for now folks... Play Time for me.
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #1300
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Good luck!
__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #1301
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Posts: 20,521
Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Hi there Jose...
Hope I posted this in time.
In time fuh wut? I'm in Münster now, close enough to the Dutch border.

Oh and I heard some Porcupine Tree on the radio yesterday. A pleasant surprise.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Armstrong says in-competition testing will never catch anyone, only out-of-competition testing and the blood passport can.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #1302
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
- so true. Well apparently both of them are rather 'normal' fellows, no 'Star behaviour' of any kind (Mikael is a married guy, father of two daughters, whereas SW is the ultimate ever-boyish über-nerd ). I have never seen anyone say anything bad about either of them (apart from perhaps The Flower King's Roine Stolt, with whom Steven has this little feud going on...).
And talking about the man...







Did you attend this one? And that "quarrel" between Steven and Roine was unknown to me!
__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:40 AM   #1303
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
In time fuh wut? I'm in Münster now, close enough to the Dutch border.

Oh and I heard some Porcupine Tree on the radio yesterday. A pleasant surprise.
- and so you are!
I hope you've by now managed to find a good place to stay, José.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
And talking about the man...

Did you attend this one? And that "quarrel" between Steven and Roine was unknown to me!
Nope, missed it. Can't be around EVERYWHERE as much as I try.

As for that quarrel... it was rather funny, to be honest. A genuine case of 'Pot, meet Kettle!'

Some years ago, an interviewer asked Mr. S.W. about Roine's band The Flower Kings, and he kind of dissed them, saying they weren't 'truly progressive' as they obviously base their music for some 99% on the Giants of the Past - Yes, Genesis, etc. Which is true, btw.

Roine, in turn, returned the 'compliment' by pointing out that Mr. S.W.'s complete catalogue (up till that time) was mainly based on Pink Floyd's music. He was rather spot-on there. AT THAT TIME.

Unfortunately the both of them never managed to sort-out their differences in opinions thereafter, in contrary to what happened with Mr. S.W.'s 'dispute' with Dream Theater, for which he truly made up by composing a song for them, as well as producing O.S.I.'s debut album - whereafter DT invited Steven's PT to be the opening act for their 2007 USA tour.

Thereafter, whereas Steven's career with PT and Blackfield really blossomed, Roine Stolt's Flower Kings kind-of 'withered'. A pity, really, as I really loved that band, especially their albums Stardust We Are and Flower Power.
Roine took quite a time off, and reappeared with his new outfit Agents of Mercy - but I listened to their debut album and I can't help but think it's quite a disappointment. Well - they are granted their revenge coming Sunday, as they are the headliners to the Symforce III-Festival, coming Sunday in Tilburg's 013-venue.

Ah some lovely stuff of The Flower Kings:





__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:03 AM   #1304
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Listen to THIS:



"Yes I'm a CLOWN in the eyes of the world!"

Fantastic song. From Roine's Stardust We Are-album, which I think is a true masterpiece!
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:36 AM   #1305
country flag Black Dog
Registered User
 
Black Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 144
Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
As for that quarrel... it was rather funny, to be honest. A genuine case of 'Pot, meet Kettle!'

Some years ago, an interviewer asked Mr. S.W. about Roine's band The Flower Kings, and he kind of dissed them, saying they weren't 'truly progressive' as they obviously base their music for some 99% on the Giants of the Past - Yes, Genesis, etc. Which is true, btw.

Roine, in turn, returned the 'compliment' by pointing out that Mr. S.W.'s complete catalogue (up till that time) was mainly based on Pink Floyd's music. He was rather spot-on there. AT THAT TIME.

Unfortunately the both of them never managed to sort-out their differences in opinions thereafter, in contrary to what happened with Mr. S.W.'s 'dispute' with Dream Theater, for which he truly made up by composing a song for them, as well as producing O.S.I.'s debut album - whereafter DT invited Steven's PT to be the opening act for their 2007 USA tour.

Thereafter, whereas Steven's career with PT and Blackfield really blossomed, Roine Stolt's Flower Kings kind-of 'withered'. A pity, really, as I really loved that band, especially their albums Stardust We Are and Flower Power.
Roine took quite a time off, and reappeared with his new outfit Agents of Mercy - but I listened to their debut album and I can't help but think it's quite a disappointment. Well - they are granted their revenge coming Sunday, as they are the headliners to the Symforce III-Festival, coming Sunday in Tilburg's 013-venue.
Oh, so it wasn't nothing really serious... What I do remember is Mr. S.W. saying something like he didn't find Dream Theater very "attractive", and at the time I read it, it really left me like: "Who does this guy think he is!?" (obviously, at the time, the only "progressive" act that was familiar to me was Dream Theater and the name "Steven Wilson" didn't ring any bell...). Well, now he can say whatever he wants! But I have to acknowledge that being able to bear James Labrie's voice for years made me accept many other vocalists that, in other circumstances, I wouldn't accept!

And back on Roine Stolt, I was checking his works and found out that he was a member of Kaipa. I have Angling Feelings and Keyholder for some time because I read that Morgan Agren drummed for them (and his work in Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects left me speechless, so...), but when I gave it a try I wasn't very well impressed (it seemed like I was playing Sonic again...)... Maybe one of these days I'll give it another chance...
__________________
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios