Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 86 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 AM   #1276
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Stick Men. I must say that watching a legend like Tony Levin and an astonishing drummer like Pat Mastelotto live is also very stimulating, but from what I heard on their MySpace, I don't know if I'm going to enjoy it that much... And by the way, I already told before, you guys can call me Fábio!
Fabio! Sorry, I'm at my BF's keyboard right now and somehow it doesn't allow me to place the accents.

Tony Levin is of course an awesome bassist and 'stick man', but I have to agree with you here, their music isn't all too interesting for me as it is much too 'technical'. I'm a bit jealous of the folks in Scandinavia, who'll get to see Katatonia as PT's opening act - GREAT band, especially their singer.

Quote:
Well, I love Neil Peart and calling him a legend it's not even enough by any means ... But I really have to support that statement... Gavin is an unmatched genious (and I'm glad that I'm saying this in a tennis forum, because if I said this in a music forum I would have a lot of tards bashing me for sure... ). Check this out:
Fully, fully agree with you. Peart himself has said that Gavin is the best drummer he ever saw in some 40 years of his own career, and well... look who's talking!
As I am a regular on ProgArchives.com, I can assure you that the NON-tards actually happen to agree with him there. Quite a lot of Rush fans who indeed say that Gavin is the true follow-up to Neil over there.

Quote:
And the coolest thing of all is that a few days ago I was checking his forum in Drummerworld and apparently he "worships" Tomas Haake (Meshuggah's drummer)! But then again, who doesn't... And with Martin Lopez (ex-Opeth), they make my podium!

Oh dear you mention Martin Lopez...
I still miss the guy. What an awesome drummer! Too sad to read that he had to retire from Opeth because of psychological problems - he seemed to suffer from a severe case of Stage Fright and the like.
I LOVED him. One has just to listen to his awesome work on Deliverance to know what a fantastic drummer he indeed is. Those Latin rhythems!

Martin Axelrodt is a reasonable follow-up, but can't in any way match the brilliance of Lopez - he's just a mere death metal 'wood chopper', imho.

Martin Lopez, COME BACK!!!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #1277
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Fábio!

Martin Lopez

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:22 AM   #1278
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I don't care
it's like watching the Rolling Stones opening for Foo Fighters, something like that, it's just not right
Well in fact, I think that the Legends of Old acknowledging one of the guys of nowadays in his achievements say a LOT about them as true musicians.

It's the MUSIC they care for, not defending their own position as 'Legends', and I can only for that.

Besides that, I think Mr. Steven Wilson truly deserves that kind of acknowledgement, even if he himself will most possibly disagree on that.

Anathema

Old 09-24-2009, 12:26 AM   #1279
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Steven Wilson is just
I did not know why Mario left Opeth

Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #1280
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Steven Wilson is just
I did not know why Mario left Opeth
Well from what I read, there was this combination of him suffering from stage fright, general psychological problems, as well as him getting into some kind of addictions to 'deal' with those - booze, drugs?
In any case, it's a very sad story, to see such a major talent wither like he did...

As for Mr. S.W.... after having seen Daniel Cavanagh warming up his vocal cords on Way Out Of Here just two days ago, and hearing him mumbling "We can't match that level but at least we try..." yeah. Me = Speechless.

Anathema

Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #1281
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fábio!

Martin Lopez

Thanks Nat, much appreciated!

I can´t stress how big this guy is... Akerfeldt referred to him as a "natural-born drummer" and that's indeed what he is...
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #1282
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and Karin, let me make you more jealous: remember when I said to you that I attended a festival where Cynic were? Well, that was the second day (with Dark Tranquillity and Amon Amarth). The first day had Epica, Katatonia and The Gathering! Oh yeah!
"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Old 09-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #1283
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Thanks Nat, much appreciated!

I can´t stress how big this guy is... Akerfeldt referred to him as a "natural-born drummer" and that's indeed what he is...
Abolutely! Hope the guy manages to deal with his personal problems and COMES BACK.

Quote:
Oh, and Karin, let me make you more jealous: remember when I said to you that I attended a festival where Cynic were? Well, that was the second day (with Dark Tranquillity and Amon Amarth). The first day had Epica, Katatonia and The Gathering! Oh yeah!
- WOW! Very, very nice OOP - oops, I mean line-up.
Kind of like I had on HellFest Open Air last year, where I witnessed Anathema, Porcupine Tree & Opeth.

Anathema

Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #1284
country flag Black Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
- WOW! Very, very nice OOP - oops, I mean line-up.
Kind of like I had on HellFest Open Air last year, where I witnessed Anathema, Porcupine Tree & Opeth.
hey, that line-up makes me jealous too...
Old 09-24-2009, 12:47 AM   #1285
Anathemaniac

Quote:
hey, that line-up makes me jealous too...
- needed some time to dig it up, but here's one of my reviews of that particular day...

Anathema

Old 09-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #1286
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Karin is the Queen of Concerts/Festivals/Camps, so I have a question for her: which was your first concert?

Old 09-24-2009, 12:51 AM   #1287
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Karin is the Queen of Concerts/Festivals/Camps, so I have a question for her: which was your first concert?
Nat.
I have to dig very deep here, but I guess it was a concert by Supertramp in the Ahoy Hall, Rotterdam, back in 1977.

I was a mere kid at that time and had no clue whatsoever how to fully enjoy it.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 09-24-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:55 AM   #1288
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

WOW

Old 09-24-2009, 12:58 AM   #1289
Anathemaniac

Quote:
WOW
- I was such a NERD at that time.
In fact, I think I still am.

Okay, time for me to hit the sack right now. See you around tomorrow again, but well, I have to PLAY tomorrow again - and as it seems to be right now, defending me & my pard's current #1 club position.

folks!

Anathema

Old 09-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #1290
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Vamos Karin!!!
the opposition can do one thing and one thing only: PRAY FOR DEATH
take care