Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 85 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 AM   #1261
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Karin, oh, when Danny gets in his whole "doom" vibe, it's so heartbreakingly beautiful to watch and it usually makes you feel better, like after all your issues weren't that big, it's very soothing

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #1262
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Karin, oh, when Danny gets in his whole "doom" vibe, it's so heartbreakingly beautiful to watch and it usually makes you feel better, like after all your issues weren't that big, it's very soothing

Can't agree with you more.

Teardrop -

-this time, looking at Danny behind the keyboard. You know I taped this song from the other side, oh hell, I'm even in it.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 AM   #1263
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

do you like "My Dying Bride"? they are my fave doom metal group

My fave album is "Songs of Darkness, Words of Light", but all of them are quite awesome!
Aaron is such a powerful presence on stage, the guy DIES there and then is back to life, like a phoenix

Old 09-23-2009, 06:16 AM   #1264
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Awww sorry folks, this thread is deteriorating in an 'All Kind Of Loveliness'-thread.
Not that I mind at all, keep the nastiness around for the rest of this bloddy forum!

As to all of the nastiness on MTF, here's the ultimate question... & answer.
Is This Trip Really Necessary????

folks, I'm hitting the sack by now.

[EDIT]: yeah Nat, I LOVE My Dying Bride!
Watched them in the pooring rain at MetalCamp in Slovenia this year.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 09-23-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:33 AM   #1265
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

we'll continue tomorrow Karin
sweet dreams

Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #1266
country flag Heners

Heners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond repute

understood
anyway this thread gets many hits
Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #1267
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, here's today's meal :

"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Black Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #1268
country flag Black Dog

Black Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Dog has a reputation beyond repute

And for dessert...

"There is no such thing as a natural death: nothing that happens to a man is ever natural, since his presence calls the world into question. All men must die: but for every man his death is an accident and, even if he knows it and consents to it, an unjustifiable violation."
Old 09-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #1269
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #1270
Anathemaniac

Bit tired today. so I decided for a short break. Don't worry, I'm not leaving or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
And for dessert...

Glorious. Fantastic. Alan Holsworth, Bill Bruford, John Wetton & Eddie Jobson.

Hey Black Dog - who will be the opening act for the PT shows in Portugal?
In Holland it will be Mr. Robert Fripp - a genuine LEGEND of prog rock (King Crimson, anyone? ). It always makes me feel a bit awkward, to see such a legend opening for the Current Top Guy.
The Master opening for The Apprentice.

Anathema

Old 09-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #1271
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

having Tripp as an opening act is a crime of the highest order, only if he was opening to Pink Floyd or something of that caliber, otherwise it's

Old 09-23-2009, 11:34 PM   #1272
country flag Heners

Heners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #1273
Anathemaniac

Nat, Henry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
having Tripp as an opening act is a crime of the highest order, only if he was opening to Pink Floyd or something of that caliber, otherwise it's
Mr. Fripp is one of his many admirers nowadays.
Same goes for Adrian Belew, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart. Having actively witnessed all of these guys' Glory Days, I can see where they are coming from.

It's quite fantastic to see the Old Legends' support for the current Mr. Top Dog. In fact... more than support, apart from Neil Peart, who actually said that Gavin Harrison is a better drummer than he ever was (), they've all had the honour/pleasure of contributing to PT records.

Steven Wilson himself has said on many occasions that it's to HIS honour, not theirs.

Anathema

Old 09-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #1274
country flag Black Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Hey Black Dog - who will be the opening act for the PT shows in Portugal?
Stick Men. I must say that watching a legend like Tony Levin and an astonishing drummer like Pat Mastelotto live is also very stimulating, but from what I heard on their MySpace, I don't know if I'm going to enjoy it that much... And by the way, I already told before, you guys can call me Fábio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
It's quite fantastic to see the Old Legends' support for the current Mr. Top Dog. In fact... more than support, apart from Neil Peart, who actually said that Gavin Harrison is a better drummer than he ever was (), they've all had the honour/pleasure of contributing to PT records.
Well, I love Neil Peart and calling him a legend it's not even enough by any means ... But I really have to support that statement... Gavin is an unmatched genious (and I'm glad that I'm saying this in a tennis forum, because if I said this in a music forum I would have a lot of tards bashing me for sure... ). Check this out:

And the coolest thing of all is that a few days ago I was checking his forum in Drummerworld and apparently he "worships" Tomas Haake (Meshuggah's drummer)! But then again, who doesn't... And with Martin Lopez (ex-Opeth), they make my podium!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #1275
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

I don't care
it's like watching the Rolling Stones opening for Foo Fighters, something like that, it's just not right