Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #91
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #92
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

"I Can See For Miles" - The Who

Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #93

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 AM   #94
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichogaucho View Post
Finally a good addition.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #95
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Hi Opeth84 (nice username, btw! ),

I've fixed your link:

It's very easy: you should use the [ youtube] - [ /youtube] tags (without the periods), and post in between the part of the vid after 'watch?v=', in this case, 'XZorlLn0Eis'.

I like Symphony X as well, though it's a bit too technical for me - but I LOVE their album 'Odyssey'. Russell Allen is an amazing singer, I saw him perform live two times. And a very nice guy, too. He likes beer...

Hey thanks for that

Yea Russel Allen is a great singer. He would make Dream Theater much easier to listen to if he took over James on vocal duties
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #96
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe not what a certain elitist prog rock fan here would enjoy

But Opeth are as prog as any band just in the nature of there song structures. Not to mention alot of Camel an King Crimson worship.

The guitar solo was i think one of Peter Lindgrens best song writing contributions to the band and is sorely missed by this Opeth fan.

Enjoy
Old 09-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #97
country flag opeth84

Old 09-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #98
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #99
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth84 View Post
Maybe not what a certain elitist prog rock fan here would enjoy

Quote:
But Opeth are as prog as any band just in the nature of there song structures. Not to mention alot of Camel an King Crimson worship.
fully agree... and under the guidance of Porcupine Tree's Steven Wilson have greatly increased the prog content of their music. He was the one that lend Mikael his mellotron to use, and well... the instrument hasn't been absent on any a release of theirs since then!

Quote:
The guitar solo was i think one of Peter Lindgrens best song writing contributions to the band and is sorely missed by this Opeth fan.

Enjoy
here as well, though I think his replacement is a very good player as well. At least he really come across very well at Opeth's latest three performances which I attended.

As for Missing Musicians in Opeth... Bring back Martin Lopez!!!
I loved the slightly erratic 'latin swing' he brought to Opeth - listen to the closure of "Deliverance", for instance. There are not many people who manage to make bone-crushing progmetal actually swing. He did. Axenrodt is a good replacement, but more an 'ordinary' straight forward death metal drummer I think. Lopez... you were the best.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:57 PM   #100
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

And for you CLASSICAL Prog Lovers, here's a very modern band - performing very classical prog in the vein of King Crimson:

Sweden's Anekdoten - From Within.
In this era where nearly everybody uses preset keys, they still actually carry a REAL mellotron with them on stage. And it's being played by a stunningly beautiful lady - Anna Sofi Dahlberg. Check her out fellows, you won't be disappointed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:14 AM   #101

Funny, I always heared that Phil Collins ruined Genesis...well, I once went to an specialized record shop, trying to get Adrian Belew's "Mr Musichead" I asked the clerk if he likes Belew..."Tsk, he answered, he ruined King Crimson"

Old 09-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #102
country flag opeth84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post

fully agree... and under the guidance of Porcupine Tree's Steven Wilson have greatly increased the prog content of their music. He was the one that lend Mikael his mellotron to use, and well... the instrument hasn't been absent on any a release of theirs since then!

here as well, though I think his replacement is a very good player as well. At least he really come across very well at Opeth's latest three performances which I attended.

As for Missing Musicians in Opeth... Bring back Martin Lopez!!!
I loved the slightly erratic 'latin swing' he brought to Opeth - listen to the closure of "Deliverance", for instance. There are not many people who manage to make bone-crushing progmetal actually swing. He did. Axenrodt is a good replacement, but more an 'ordinary' straight forward death metal drummer I think. Lopez... you were the best.

I totally agree Steven Wilson has helped the band tremendously. Especially with the overall sound of there albums. Since Blackwater Park onwards the albums are sonically much broader and theres alot more going on and layered. And the introduction of keyboards/piano an mellotron to Opeth has made a huge impact on there sound. Dammnation wouldn't have been possible without Steven Wilson.

And yes of course. Martin Lopez was the man I love his work on all the albums but he contributed to but he really shined on the Deliverence/Dammnation records.He really had alot of feel in his playing..

But yea i agree with you the new members are doing well. I was quite suprised by the drumming on Watershed.I think he proved he's more then just your average death metal drummer even though he can't really replace Lopez...
Old 09-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #103

if you look out at the night
you'll see the colours and the lights
seem to say people are not far away,
at least in distance...

Old 09-10-2008, 02:45 AM   #104

Old 09-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #105
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichogaucho View Post
Thick As A Brick.

You're making the best contributions around here so far.