Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #76
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Karin stated that all rock can be posted here. This is her thread.

Why do yo always have to be confrontational? Of course you don't have to like, nor agree with my tastes in my music, or who I list as best bands and what not.

But such comments as "only such bands matter and all else are crap" are just inflammatory and serve no purpose nor proves a point.

Let's just agree to disagree without fighting all the time.
Yeah, but as soon as my thread is merged with hers...

Prog rock connoisseurs thread, it should be. Then you'd be out.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #77
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Yeah, but as soon as my thread is merged with hers...

Prog rock connoisseurs thread, it should be. Then you'd be out.

But your thead only has 3 posts, that's hardly worth merging.

Still, in THIS thread, I'll post whatever music I want, you just ignore it and we'll be just fine.

I know I will.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #78
country flag NoFroz

NoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond repute

Another great piece of music from LTE: Universal Mind
Its not a video, only the song with a photo on the screen.

NoFroz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #79
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But your thead only has 3 posts, that's hardly worth merging.

Still, in THIS thread, I'll post whatever music I want, you just ignore it and we'll be just fine.

I know I will.
I'm not fine with a pseudo-intellectual wannabe like you, who barely knows more than 2 prog rock bands posting in a prog rock thread, polluting it with like Guns and Roses.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #80
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Deal with it or move on.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:46 AM   #81
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not fine with a pseudo-intellectual wannabe like you, who barely knows more than 2 prog rock bands posting in a prog rock thread, polluting it with like Guns and Roses.
Oh come on Gu, there's enough stupid bickering and mud-throwing going on elsewhere on this board... no need to insult posters over here! My take on it is that even if you think a band doesn't deserve the 'prog'-addendum like you think, it might still be good music - and the clip Pfloyd posted from Guns'n'Roses isn't at all too bad, as it contains a GREAT guitar solo by Slash - let everyone BE!

Quote:
Deal with it or move on.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 09-01-2008 at 06:58 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:12 AM   #82
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I guess this ain't prog either to some... but it's F**CKING BEAUTIFUL -

"The waves washing over, half forgotten memories...

...and there's so many many thoughts when I try to go to sleep -
but with
you I start to feel a sort of temporary peace..."

I'm not going to mention the name of the band anymore.
This is heartbreakingly LOVELY.

Anathema

Old 09-01-2008, 04:32 AM   #83
Anathemaniac

okay, a bit of 'classic' progrock here:

"I will now recieve my comfort...
conjured by the Magic Bottle of Wine!"

Genesis - the Peter Gabriel-version , from a recording from 1972.
If that ain't a True Classic, I don't know what to say anymore...

Anathema

Old 09-01-2008, 06:54 AM   #84
Anathemaniac

Another - silly - review up on my blog: http://solarfallsrealm.livejournal.com/268896.html...

Anathema

Old 09-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #85
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a track from Prog Metal band Symphony X from the album V.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XZorlLn0Eis

Enjoy

ps. Im not sure how to get the youtube clip onto my post so ive just provided the link.
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #86
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Oh come on Gu, there's enough stupid bickering and mud-throwing going on elsewhere on this board... no need to insult posters over here! My take on it is that even if you think a band doesn't deserve the 'prog'-addendum like you think, it might still be good music - and the clip Pfloyd posted from Guns'n'Roses isn't at all too bad, as it contains a GREAT guitar solo by Slash - let everyone BE!

If it's not prog, it can go in another thread.

If this thread is about prog, it should contain true progressive artists, not crap like Guns and Roses.

I dislike heavily that someone who doesn't even know what Yes' or Genesis means posts here.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #87
country flag Pfloyd

Man your not even contributing to this thread, so what the heck are you complaining about?

BTW, I´ve heard Genesis, I´ve heard Rush and I don´t like them.

I do like Deep Purple, but I don´t like Falco (although not Prog Rock, its still an artist you like).

It´s called difference in tastes and people have them (for "good" and for "bad").

So you can post your own stuff and ignore mine or you can continue to get pissed about listening to Guns N´Roses and Led Zeppelin, Prog Rock or not.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #88
Anathemaniac

Quote:
If it's not prog, it can go in another thread.

If this thread is about prog, it should contain true progressive artists, not crap like Guns and Roses.

I dislike heavily that someone who doesn't even know what Yes' or Genesis means posts here.
The problem is that nobody can define what 'prog' is, and what not. There are ENDLESS discussions on this subject on progarchives.com - for a good reason.

As far as I'm concerned, all music that is in any way innovative, eclectic, colourful, explorative, etc. might well be categorized as prog, which means imho not just the obiquitous Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd & Rush - but also Miles Davis, Steely Dan, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin (yes I agree with you here Pfloyd), as well as the more modern progrock cross-overs styles, like the 'metal'-related Opeth, LTE, Dream Theater (who I personally don't like at all due to their terrible lead singer ), to the other end of the spectrum, the atmospheric prog - Sigur Ros, Radiohead, Anathema, Mogwai, and the like.

That's a gigantic bunch of music styles, and it's quite impossible to like them all...

I do agree with you that Guns'n'Roses is NOT prog, though. Doesn't mean they didn't have some pretty good tunes around... but, hey, I like AC/DC as well!

Alright - shall we just agree that indeed, we want to see PROG posted on this thread, and if one is in doubt about his/her vid/music indeed being prog, why not just ask what we think about it? Might get to some very interesting discussions over here...

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 09-02-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:22 AM   #89
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth84 View Post
Heres a track from Prog Metal band Symphony X from the album V.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XZorlLn0Eis

Enjoy

ps. Im not sure how to get the youtube clip onto my post so ive just provided the link.
Hi Opeth84 (nice username, btw! ),

I've fixed your link:

It's very easy: you should use the [ youtube] - [ /youtube] tags (without the periods), and post in between the part of the vid after 'watch?v=', in this case, 'XZorlLn0Eis'.

I like Symphony X as well, though it's a bit too technical for me - but I LOVE their album 'Odyssey'. Russell Allen is an amazing singer, I saw him perform live two times. And a very nice guy, too. He likes beer...

Anathema

Old 09-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #90
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

prog rock, huh?

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote