Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #811
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

From Meddle, yeah.

Why?
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #812
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Well as I said, why shouldn't we consider AHM and Ummagumma as prog then?

Last edited by Echoes : 07-22-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #813
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

GodHeavensAlmighty, just heard my complete TOP THREE of current Prog Bands will be touring my country soon again!!!

Porcupine Tree, aka the Majestic Mr. S.W. & his comrades, will release their upcoming "The Incident" on September 22. I already have the thing at home, don't ask me how, but I have it.
My tickets for their upcoming show at the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam are already secured.

Riverside, Polish Lovelies, completely BACK, a Federesque return to form with their latest release, "Anno Domini High Definition" - some FIVE shows in my country coming up this September. Already have the tickets to their Hedon, Zwolle-concert, but I guess I'll be joining in at Haarlem's Patronaat just the same.
That ADHD-album is truly...

and of course - who would have doubted it?

Anathema!!! the loveliest of ALL, just confirmed their upcoming appearance in Zoetermeer, Nijmegen and Haarlem. OMG. Can't catch them all, running out of money, but well... two of them should be possible. Even if I need to get another mortgage on the house, I. Will. Be. There.

I'm Over the Moon right now, sorry folks.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:54 AM   #814
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Well as I said, why shouldn't we consider AHM and Ummagumma as prog then?
Because they are not prog?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 AM   #815
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Echoes, you should know that Gu's list of prog bands is shorter than the sleeves of a waistcoat.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #816
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Echoes, you should know that Gu's list of prog bands is shorter than the sleeves of a waistcoat.
Eclecticism = loss of identity.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:02 AM   #817
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

wait I didn't call you names!

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 07-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #818
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

What was the joke mate?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 AM   #819
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm off to bed.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:51 AM   #820
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it POSITIVE and FRIENDLY over here, you plonkers.
This ain't no Punk Rock discussion thread eh?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #821
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

I just didn't get what he meant. I wasn't aggressive at all...
Old 07-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #822
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Karin.

I was just messing about with "eclecticism" and calling names... poor I know, but I was with insomnia... it reminded me of my philosophy teacher though.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #823
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Learning that this was the first side long suite committed to vinyl by Pink Floyd and that this was, in effect, the first real conceptual work, led me to the conclusion that Atom Heart Mother was arguably their first real prog album. I suppose, strictly speaking, that is not true as Ummagumma - which predated it - is nothing if not prog. It's just...It's just impossible to listen to all the way through without narcotics. Perhaps I should just state then, that Atom Heart Mother is their first prog album that 'works'. I wish I hadn't started this paragraph, but there you go.

http://www.zimbio.com/member/awt/art...m+Heart+Mother
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #824
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Again, we can't consider every psychedelic meandering as progressive rock.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #825
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

For you unexperienced kids:

A report on Triana. In Spanish.