Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #751
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
He was amazing, put on a great show as he always does
saw the setlist. he left out many classics and played some relatively unknown new songs, which must have pissed off some.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 01:33 AM   #752
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Great reply Stupid Dream, ive always preffered manfred mans earthbound version, Manfred man were great but what were earthbound like Stupid Dream? only song i know by them was that cover, and what a brilliant version it was

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:35 AM   #753
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Another Manfred Mann cover of a Springsteen song. They really made a living off Bruce.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 06-29-2009, 01:37 AM   #754
country flag miura

miura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond repute

Karin, I think you would enjoy my father's collection of LP's. He's a big prog rock nutter and has got about 13,500 LP's
I'd say about 60-70% is from the 60's, 25% from the 70's .
Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 AM   #755
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
saw the setlist. he left out many classics and played some relatively unknown new songs, which must have pissed off some.
Not at all he was loved, over here his newer albums have done better than some of his older albums, infact here in England Springsteen never really made it BIG, sure he has his hardcore fans but nothing like what he is in USA

Its hard to explain this but Bruce is typical middle of the road American Rock and that has never really gone down that well over here not just Bruce but other artists/groups..... Prog rock was always bigger

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #756
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord miura View Post
Karin, I think you would enjoy my father's collection of LP's. He's a big prog rock nutter and has got about 13,500 LP's
I'm afraid I'm your father's age, Martin.

But the point I make in this thread is that NOWADAYS as well, fantastic progrock is being made by young fellows - check out Porcupine Tree, Anathema, Riverside, Opeth and the like.
If you won't check 'em out, just tell your dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Not at all he was loved, over here his newer albums have done better than some of his older albums, infact here ni England Springsteen never really made it BIG, sure he has his hardcore fans but nothing like what he is in USA

Its hard to explain this but Bruce is typical middle of the road American Rock and that has never really gone down thatwell over here not jsut Bruce but other artists/groups..... Prog rock was always bigger
Hey Ryan, I always enjoy seeing people contribute to this thread!
But then again, Bruce isn't in any way 'prog rock'... a good, well-earning artist but in no sense imaginable 'prog'.
A great songwriter though, reason enough why plenty of artists from all kinds of genres liked to make cover versions of his songs...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #757
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
'Blinded by the Light' by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. It's way, way better than Mr. Springsteen's original.
So that's where Manfred went after Doo Wah Diddy Diddy, down the wrong road!

But never mind, your post took me to youtube and I spent a nostalgic 30 minutes with 5-4-3-2-1, Sha La La, Go Now, and that girl that was just walking down the street singin' ..................
Old 06-29-2009, 02:24 AM   #758
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i know I shouldn't laugh at that first quote in your sig everytime I see it... Gu I mean.
It's brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord miura View Post
How can he be a prog-rock nutter and have only 25% of his collection formed by 70s LPs.

The 70s are THE decade of progressive rock.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:02 AM   #759
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys. Yet another proof of contemporary prog really being up there among the Greats of Old...:

Riverside

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:18 AM   #760
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Old 06-30-2009, 03:28 AM   #761
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Old 06-30-2009, 03:39 AM   #762
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Moody Blues = prog?

Let's keep things respectable between us, eh people?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:43 AM   #763
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Moody Blues = prog?

Let's keep things respectable between us, eh people?
They're a lot more prog than many of the acts posted here. That song isn't their proggest though I'll give you that.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #764
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
They're a lot more prog than many of the acts posted here. That song isn't their proggest though I'll give you that.
Many acts posted here like what?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:46 AM   #765
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

pfff can't be arsed.