Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 50 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #736
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Tell me about it. I used to boast about how I had never had an injury until this shoulder injury started... and it f.... me up.

Well, I'm doing physical therapy and I'm gettin' better, so...

I just wanna say I'm terribly sorry for not checking out ELP's discography more thoroughly before.
I had a congenital ankle condition that theoretically could be treated with therapy, but it kept bugging me until I had surgery as a teenager and then I felt in heaven. Just my experience in case it helps.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #737
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Anyone see any of glastonbury on t.v? the Boss was good aswell as Neil Young and crosby,stills and nash
Springsteen was in Glastonbury? He's my favourite singer ever.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #738
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tell me about it. I used to boast about how I had never had an injury until this shoulder injury started... and it f.... me up.

Well, I'm doing physical therapy and I'm gettin' better, so...

I just wanna say I'm terribly sorry for not checking out ELP's discography more thoroughly before.
Yeah... the sh*t can hit you at the most unexpected of times.
When I hear about musicians' injuries, I always think about how these guys have not only have to perform top-notch artistically, but on a very physical level as well.
I quit playing the bass because of RSI-related troubles myself and I know I'm not the only one, damn.

Hope you get well soon Gu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Anyone see any of glastonbury on t.v? the Boss was good aswell as Neil Young and crosby,stills and nash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
I saw some bits and pieces of it yes - but only little flashes as I was watching tennis, .

As for Springsteen, never liked his music very much. I know, it's just me...
Funnily enough, while Springsteen's music hasn't got ANYTHING to do with progrock (yeah, I draw the line at a certain point as well ), do check out this AWESOME cover of his 'Blinded by the Light' by Manfred Mann's Earth Band. It's way, way better than Mr. Springsteen's original.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #739
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

*ponders badrepping Stupid Dream for those last lines*

Old 06-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #740
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
*ponders badrepping Stupid Dream for those last lines*

Anathema

Old 06-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #741
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Springsteen makes me wanna puke.

I'm not doing shoulder surgery until it becomes impossible for me to play tennis. Too risky.

I love reiterating obvious stuff - Emerson, Lake and Palmer is awesome.

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends - we're so glad you could attend!
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #742
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I think the expletive rhymes with "ruck toff".

Old 06-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #743
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi
Quote:
I think the expletive rhymes with "ruck toff".
Hey hey, fellows, no bad-mouthing here okay?
I think we all agree on the statement that Bruce Springsteen is NOT prog rock so this is not the appropriate place to further discuss him.

Anathema

Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #744
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I had to squeeze my brain NOT to bad mouth Karin!

Old 06-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #745
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Good. Be nice and go to the "crap rock" thread to talk about Springsteen.

GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 PM   #746
Anathemaniac

Quote:
I had to squeeze my brain NOT to bad mouth Karin!

Quote:
Good. Be nice and go to the "crap rock" thread to talk about Springsteen.

I would really like to see someone starting a thread like that.
"Post all the CRAP that ever tortured your ears HERE!"

I would have quite a field's day of work.

Anathema

Old 06-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #747
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

i know I shouldn't laugh at that first quote in your sig everytime I see it... Gu I mean.

Last edited by Har-Tru : 06-28-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #748
Anathemaniac

Quote:
i know I shouldn't laugh at that first quote in your sig everytime I see it... Gu I mean.
- yeah it's mean but we should be able to laugh about stuff like that, no?

BTW - AWESOME new thread, José!!!
Be sure I'll be posting away there... please excuse me if at a certain time, some of your favs show up there as well. I won't mind it if my favs do so as well, I promise.

Anathema

Old 06-28-2009, 11:12 PM   #749
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
- yeah it's mean but we should be able to laugh about stuff like that, no?

BTW - AWESOME new thread, José!!!
Be sure I'll be posting away there... please excuse me if at a certain time, some of your favs show up there as well. I won't mind it if my favs do so as well, I promise.
no worries, I don't mind about other people's tastes as long as I can keep it in my iPod.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #750
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was amazing, put on a great show as he always does

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote