Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 49 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-25-2009, 02:55 AM   #721
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Petty little ignorant environment?

Was that really needed?

didn't expect THAT from you.
- it's quite simple, if you dismiss a complete new generation of progfans... well eh.

No harm meant Gu, but I feel the need to defend myself on my opinions just as much as you seem to, eh...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 02:58 AM   #722
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
- it's quite simple, if you dismiss a complete new generation of progfans... well eh.

No harm meant Gu, but I feel the need to defend myself on my opinions just as much as you seem to, eh...
Yeah but am I using this kind of derogatory comments?

If you think revering Keith Emerson, Chris Squire, Tony Banks, Rick Wakeman, Roger Waters is a "petty ignorant environment", then why do you even like prog rock?
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:06 AM   #723
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah but am I using this kind of derogatory comments?

If you think revering Keith Emerson, Chris Squire, Tony Banks, Rick Wakeman, Roger Waters is a "petty ignorant environment", then why do you even like prog rock?
Did I ever say anything like that???
I don't think so to be honest, and if I did, you must have misunderstood me.

Good Heavens!

Anathema

Old 06-25-2009, 03:13 AM   #724
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did I ever say anything like that???
I don't think so to be honest, and if I did, you must have misunderstood me.

Good Heavens!
No, you said I live in such an environment. I just described my environment so you can realize what you have just said...
Old 06-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #725
Anathemaniac

Quote:
No, you said I live in such an environment. I just described my environment so you can realize what you have just said...
Hey, let's just forget it. I might have worded my opinion in a rather loopy way, and I apologize for that. Everyone's entitled to his/her opinions indeed. I like both the Classic Era as well as the new one, you don't. That's about it.

BTW, a good friend of mine had tickets to the upcoming concert of Keith Emerson at De Boerderij in Zoetermeer but the concert is cancelled because of Keith suffering some nasty hand injury.
Too bad, I hope it's not because of age getting up with him.

Anathema

Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #726
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Hey, let's just forget it. I might have worded my opinion in a rather loopy way, and I apologize for that. Everyone's entitled to his/her opinions indeed. I like both the Classic Era as well as the new one, you don't. That's about it.

BTW, a good friend of mine had tickets to the upcoming concert of Keith Emerson at De Boerderij in Zoetermeer but the concert is cancelled because of Keith suffering some nasty hand injury.
Too bad, I hope it's not because of age getting up with him.
Ok, no problem. I understand you're really connected to new bands and it's quite natural that you don't like my opinions about neo-prog. It's just that we're in the same team here. No need to attack me.

Well, I'd say those guys should maybe take some time off their touring schedules... otherwise they'll be obliged to stop, just like Emerson is now.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #727
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Ok, no problem. I understand you're really connected to new bands and it's quite natural that you don't like my opinions about neo-prog. It's just that we're in the same team here. No need to attack me.
- yep. I made a mistake, addressing you in the way I did.
I am very much attached to the younger guys who still try to keep the whole genre alive, that is very much true. Guess that's why I got a bit touchy.

Quote:
Well, I'd say those guys should maybe take some time off their touring schedules... otherwise they'll be obliged to stop, just like Emerson is now.
I always admire it a lot when the Older Fellows just continue touring, even more if they're due to play in venues a lot smaller than in their Hi Days.
But you are right - when they aren't capable of keeping up with their own standards of playing, it's time to make it quits. That said I hope Mr. Emerson will be able to recover from his current physical troubles and come back to make his fans enjoy his playing again, of course.

Anathema

Old 06-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #728
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
- yep. I made a mistake, addressing you in the way I did.
I am very much attached to the younger guys who still try to keep the whole genre alive, that is very much true. Guess that's why I got a bit touchy.

I always admire it a lot when the Older Fellows just continue touring, even more if they're due to play in venues a lot smaller than in their Hi Days.
But you are right - when they aren't capable of keeping up with their own standards of playing, it's time to make it quits. That said I hope Mr. Emerson will be able to recover from his current physical troubles and come back to make his fans enjoy his playing again, of course.
Isn't it the second time he has to stop touring because of his hands?
Old 06-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #729
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Isn't it the second time he has to stop touring because of his hands?
As far as I remember, yes.
But it is of course pretty obvious that him 1) depending on his hands, and 2) being a rather old fellow by now, causes him to bolt out from tours lately.
Better for him to call it quits or either take off enough time to heal for now.

It's not like it's impossible - Van Der Graaf Generator/Peter Hammill still manage to play at their top level, even when the guys are well beyond their 60's...

Anathema

Old 06-28-2009, 12:03 AM   #730
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
As far as I remember, yes.
But it is of course pretty obvious that him 1) depending on his hands, and 2) being a rather old fellow by now, causes him to bolt out from tours lately.
Better for him to call it quits or either take off enough time to heal for now.

It's not like it's impossible - Van Der Graaf Generator/Peter Hammill still manage to play at their top level, even when the guys are well beyond their 60's...
Well, it's strange that a guy with such an amazing technique has that kind of problem... this kind of injuries usually happen more often on amateurs, because they have wrong technique. I mean, Squire, Howe, Banks (names off the top of my head) don't have such problems.

Maybe mr. Emerson exaggerated with the bombastic moves and tricks in the 70s.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:14 AM   #731
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Well, it's strange that a guy with such an amazing technique has that kind of problem... this kind of injuries usually happen more often on amateurs, because they have wrong technique. I mean, Squire, Howe, Banks (names off the top of my head) don't have such problems.

Maybe mr. Emerson exaggerated with the bombastic moves and tricks in the 70s.
Yeah, I guess you're right on that.
But I do know quite a few very good metal guitarists having had to deal with RSI-related injuries as well. In all, I guess it's just a case of 'Bad Luck'.

Or as Metal Heads put it, "God Hates Us All" (Slayer)...
(I am an atheist, don't worry about that. )

Anathema

Old 06-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #732
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Yeah, I guess you're right on that.
But I do know quite a few very good metal guitarists having had to deal with RSI-related injuries as well. In all, I guess it's just a case of 'Bad Luck'.

Or as Metal Heads put it, "God Hates Us All" (Slayer)...
(I am an atheist, don't worry about that. )
You know, maybe he has some genetic predisposition... I mean, I have a shoulder injury because I was born with a type II acromion. It just plain sucks and there's nothing I can do except having a surgery.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:46 AM   #733
Anathemaniac

Quote:
You know, maybe he has some genetic predisposition... I mean, I have a shoulder injury because I was born with a type II acromion. It just plain sucks and there's nothing I can do except having a surgery.
best of luck with that, Gu.
I've been having some strange problems with my left arm lately as well. Thingie hurt the hell out of me while watching Halle this year.

And all of a sudden it disappeared last week. I feel lucky about that, but at the same time, troubled as I don't know what caused it, and bloody hell it's bound to return as it did before.

Thing is, we all think we're kind-of *immortal and immaculate* untill SHIT hits the fence at some time....

Anathema

Old 06-28-2009, 01:50 AM   #734
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
best of luck with that, Gu.
I've been having some strange problems with my left arm lately as well. Thingie hurt the hell out of me while watching Halle this year.

And all of a sudden it disappeared last week. I feel lucky about that, but at the same time, troubled as I don't know what caused it, and bloody hell it's bound to return as it did before.

Thing is, we all think we're kind-of *immortal and immaculate* untill SHIT hits the fence at some time....
Tell me about it. I used to boast about how I had never had an injury until this shoulder injury started... and it f.... me up.

Well, I'm doing physical therapy and I'm gettin' better, so...

I just wanna say I'm terribly sorry for not checking out ELP's discography more thoroughly before.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:10 AM   #735
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone see any of glastonbury on t.v? the Boss was good aswell as Neil Young and crosby,stills and nash

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote