Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #631
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

There was a great programme on t.v here in England last night on the channel BBC4, documentry on blues/prog rock talking about The Nice, Emerson, Lake & Palmer., Cream and early Fleetwood Mac etc....

btw what do people think of The Nice? there one of those bands ive heard bits but not really go out and bought anything...is it worth checking out? i know they ended up being Emerson, Lake & Palmer or something along those lines

The same channel tonight has a programme about Long John Baldry another great

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #632
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
SOMEONE has to do the dirty job, isn't that so, Gu?
PROG = MY LIFE. Old Prog. New Prog. Disputable Prog. Any PROG.
I wish I had more to contribute, but it seems there are no good video to post anymore - of really different stuff.

If I could post songs and albums, it would be better.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #633
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
There was a great programme on t.v here in England last night on the channel BBC4, documentry on blues/prog rock talking about The Nice, Emerson, Lake & Palmer., Cream and early Fleetwood Mac etc....

btw what do people think of The Nice? there one of those bands ive heard bits but not really go out and bought anything...is it worth checking out? i know they ended up being Emerson, Lake & Palmer or something along those lines

The same channel tonight has a programme about Long John Baldry another great
Interesting, too bad I can't get that channel over here. I guess hoping for a livestream is a bit too much to ask for...

The Nice surely is an interesting band, one of the 'early adapters' to what would become Prog. If you are into early 'proto-prog' stuff, or a fan of Keith Emerson's, you should really check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
I wish I had more to contribute, but it seems there are no good video to post anymore - of really different stuff.

If I could post songs and albums, it would be better.
Yeah, a lot of good stuff has already been posted, and the more obscure material is difficult to find - or not available at all. BTW I've noticed that some record companies are really harsh towards uploaders of the more obscure stuff, a lot of it gets taken down. I wonder when those silly managers will finally understand that 'spreading the word' via youtube and the like actually helps the bands!

As for posting songs - perhaps yousendit is an option? You will be able to post the link here and that link stays active for 7 days.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #634
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Interesting, too bad I can't get that channel over here. I guess hoping for a livestream is a bit too much to ask for...

The Nice surely is an interesting band, one of the 'early adapters' to what would become Prog. If you are into early 'proto-prog' stuff, or a fan of Keith Emerson's, you should really check them out.

Yeah, a lot of good stuff has already been posted, and the more obscure material is difficult to find - or not available at all. BTW I've noticed that some record companies are really harsh towards uploaders of the more obscure stuff, a lot of it gets taken down. I wonder when those silly managers will finally understand that 'spreading the word' via youtube and the like actually helps the bands!

As for posting songs - perhaps yousendit is an option? You will be able to post the link here and that link stays active for 7 days.
Hey Karin

Thanks for the lovely Good rep, can't rep you at the moment.

You know our philosophy, fight the power!

Old 05-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #635
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if it's prog, but it's a good band.

Kings of Leon: "Milk"

Old 05-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #636
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Can you get the bbci player to work or do they block it for users outside the uk?

i didnt realise but it was a whole night of it on friday, i came home to see what i didnt know at the time but the last programme, heres one that features a lot of blues/prog rock bands

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ng_the_Whites/

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 05-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #637
country flag ryan23

Here you go guys ive found an extract from it, it was on for over an hour and featured lots of bands, this guy on youtube has put up one part feat YES, it seems it was first broadcast on t.v over here in 2004, Glenn will like this programme to,features a lot of stuff he likes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChXBX...om=PL&index=22

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 05-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #638
country flag ryan23

Seems lots of people have put extracts from it on youtube but not all of it grrrrrr

ive also found another programme that was broadcast on channel four over here a few years back that had the top 10 prog rock bands, this was pretty good

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MMMX...eature=related

part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nGgZ...eature=related

part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aCrV...eature=related

part 2+ 3 King Crimson- oh yesssssss!!!!!!!!!

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 05-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #639
country flag ryan23

Sorry to fill your thread with this because its not Prog- but imo one of the best albums ever, a little documentary The Clash-london Calling imo everyone should own this album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Z1D...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vJ2fT-dqA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTi9w...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gEkk...e=channel_page

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 05-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #640
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Sorry to fill your thread with this because its not Prog- but imo one of the best albums ever, a little documentary The Clash-london Calling imo everyone should own this album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Z1D...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vJ2fT-dqA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTi9w...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gEkk...e=channel_page
Don't apologize, I like it a lot when people contribute!
And I fully agree with you on The Clash - one of the superior new wave bands from the 1980's, and 'London Calling' is indeed a brilliant album.

Anathema

Old 05-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #641
country flag ryan23

Glad you like it to mate, Strummer and Jones what a team, what i love about that album is the different genres from reggae,punk,pop etc etc it has something for everyone and the lyrics on such songs as 'Spanish Bombs' and London Calling talking about the ice age coming offcourse weve heard all about that in recent times aswell as back then in 79 and how the Thames was gonna flood, offcourse they then bulit the Thames barrier, just a wonderfull album

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 05-03-2009, 04:45 AM   #642
Anathemaniac

A fantastic classic, the First Lady of Prog:

Kate Bush, with her immaculate interpretation of Wuthering Heights:

"You know it's me, Cathy..."

Anathema

Old 05-03-2009, 05:04 AM   #643
Anathemaniac

The fantastic First Lady of Prog

Anathema

Old 05-03-2009, 05:33 AM   #644
Anathemaniac

Kate Bush's FANTASTIC CloudBusting:

Anathema

Old 05-03-2009, 07:33 AM   #645
country flag Garo

Garo has a reputation beyond reputeGaro has a reputation beyond reputeGaro has a reputation beyond reputeGaro has a reputation beyond reputeGaro has a reputation beyond reputeGaro has a reputation beyond reputeGaro has a reputation beyond reputeGaro has a reputation beyond reputeGaro has a reputation beyond reputeGaro has a reputation beyond reputeGaro has a reputation beyond repute

Hm, interesting thread. Prog rock isn't exactly a genre that I know very well, so I'll be sure to look up some recommendations. Well, I somewhat know Anathema, but only their doom era.

Looking at the last pages however... I can't believe I found someone else raving about Anneke, as I'm usually all alone in that. But she's not your country's best singer... She's the world's best singer
Garo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote