Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-28-2008, 11:21 PM   #46
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Karin, don't let this thread die.

I'll keep it alive for you

I love this song, I Am the Walrus, by The Beatles:

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 12:02 AM   #47
country flag NoFroz

NoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond repute

That song is good. Do you know Happiness is a warm gun, that's the best Beatles song ever.

Btw could you guys recommend me some contemporary good prog rock band?, I'm stuck in the past.
NoFroz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 AM   #48
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Gilmour has stated that they are on "amicable" terms.

They don't have many things in common to be granted, but that hate they hated for each other in the late 80's is gone.

Waters and Mason are now friends again.
Yeah I know... and it's quite positive indeed. Still I read an interview with Dave Gilmour a few months ago, and he stated that as he's a rather shy guy, and very happy with the 'recluse' life (read: normal ) he's leading right now, he doesn't want to get involved in any a PF reunion.
Of course, I have no doubts that it might well become a case of 'Money Talks And Shit Walks' eventually again...

Quote:
Karin, don't let this thread die.

I'll keep it alive for you
thanks Manuel.

And The Beatles... they are GOLD, the first real Prog Rock band EVAH!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:11 AM   #49
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having all sorts of problem with this site.....weird.

Anyway yeah, Happiness is a Warm Gun is crazy good artistry.

For Prog Rock bands, Karin is your best reference, she knows her stuff.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:12 AM   #50
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marr View Post
That song is good. Do you know Happiness is a warm gun, that's the best Beatles song ever.
It SURE is!
My fav ever Beatles song will always remain Elanor Rigby, but I kinda like all of theirs. Fantastic band.

Quote:
Btw could you guys recommend me some contemporary good prog rock band?, I'm stuck in the past.
Well... where do you want me to start???
Many fantastic proggies around right now.

Check out my siggie for a few, I'd like to advise... but one of the best right now... here is!!!:

The unmatched Porcupine Tree performing their lovely "Trains"...
Yeah, this one is LIVE.

Anathema

Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 AM   #51
country flag NoFroz

NoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, my name is Gastón, and I'm uruguayan as you can see.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #52
Anathemaniac

Quote:
I'm having all sorts of problem with this site.....weird.
You'll get used to that... this site has a lot of hiccups once in a while.

Quote:
Anyway yeah, Happiness is a Warm Gun is crazy good artistry.
Yeah man!

Quote:
For Prog Rock bands, Karin is your best reference, she knows her stuff.
:BLUSH:

Well, I've been around in the scene for some thirty years, I'm a reviewer, and a band manager as well... and I've never given up on the Newcomers, in contrary to a lot of people who never cared to show up for the less-than-Big-Names. And let me tell you... that's a major mistake.

Plenty, plenty nice bands to enjoy around right now, if you only care to check 'em out!

Anathema

Old 08-29-2008, 12:29 AM   #53
country flag Pfloyd

This is bullshit, I had to hit re-fresh at least 8 times to be able to write this.

I'll stop using this site for a couple of hours because I can't deal with it right now.

About the new bands coming in and ignoring them and all that, well I have a very interesting pod-cast that talks about music in a scientific way, and how people are actually wired to liking certain types of music they're exposed to.

I have to find it, but when I do, I'll PM it to you, or I'll post it here, I just can't take his re-fresh problem anymore.

Anyway, have a good one Karin, speak to you soon.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:34 AM   #54
country flag NoFroz

I really liked it

I sure share your musical likings, not tennis' I'm afraid (but who cares)
Old 08-29-2008, 01:47 AM   #55
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by marr View Post
I really liked it

I sure share your musical likings, not tennis' I'm afraid (but who cares)
Pleased to meet you...

I've trying to post a reply for about a dozen times right now, but apparently the forum is a complete right now...

Anathema

Old 08-29-2008, 03:14 AM   #56
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Good thinking guys- happines is a warm gun ex- also Dear Prudence fab to

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:22 AM   #57
Anathemaniac

Okay - here's my latest Prog Rock Love Discovery - a couple of Belgians going around under the name of Hypnos69. They were FANTASTIC at the recent Symforce II Festival, held in Tilburg Sunday 23rd of August.

Check out these fellows, especially if you like Old School 'Stoner Prog' - which I happen to do. Think King Crimson, Anekdoten, and the like...

Anathema

Old 08-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #58
country flag Pfloyd

Did you see my PM?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:28 AM   #59
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Did you see my PM?
Yep. Manuel

But I'm a bit of DRUNK right now, so I'll reply to you tomorrow...

Anathema

Old 08-30-2008, 01:29 AM   #60
country flag Pfloyd