Bonnie the Cat's, formerly know as Stupid Dream - PROG ROCK thread! - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 AM   #556
country flag GhostUnholy

GhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Dream's PROG ROCK thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Musicians high above you and I are the ones who count.
The only way you could still make that claim is to ignore large segments of the music world.
GhostUnholy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #557
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostUnholy View Post
I a) trying to pass opeth off as a rock band of any sort is so wrong on so many levels that any discussion on the topic could only lead to . unless you were to just throw all metal in as an offshoot of rock, or if you said damnation was representative of opeth and all their other albums don't count. maybe I'll go to progarchives and fight with them a bit.
You're be having a field day of work there...

Quote:
The only way you could still make that claim is to ignore large segments of the music world.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:19 AM   #558
country flag GhostUnholy

GhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
You're be having a field day of work there...
Lol, maybe i should get people over from metal archives to do the dirty work.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:58 AM   #559
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol, maybe i should get people over from metal archives to do the dirty work.
- I've given up on that myself. I just happen to Enjoy The Music, wherehence it comes from... I don't care.

Anathema

Old 12-04-2008, 05:03 AM   #560
country flag GhostUnholy

Quote:
- I've given up on that myself. I just happen to Enjoy The Music, wherehence it comes from... I don't care.
Probably a smarter outlook.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:13 AM   #561
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Probably a smarter outlook.
Nah... just a case of Reality Dream...

(Riverside, from Poland - will be seeing them live in a couple of days again!!! Mariusz Duda - Piotr Grudisnki & fellows... fantastic band... )

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 12-04-2008 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:58 AM   #562
Anathemaniac

Another one from Riverside - "In Two Minds" not a live vid this time (alas!), but a truly fantastic song from this Polish combo -

"But if you lose your faith -
Know that I am still your friend.
And if the sky falls down,
Know that I will still - support you..."

Hope they'll play this lovely song coming December 10th in Amsterdam again!

Anathema

Old 12-08-2008, 02:24 AM   #563
Anathemaniac

*BUMPIE!*

Just posted my opinions on 'The Good, the Bad & the Ugly' in music of the year 2008 to my journal - here.
Hope you enjoy, and don't hesitate to leave comments if you'd like to do so.

Anathema

Old 12-08-2008, 04:17 AM   #564
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Karin - what do you think of Muse and where they fall in prog rock?
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:53 AM   #565
Anathemaniac

Just a little bumpie again. Meh.

My review on the Riverside/Lazuli-concert in Paradiso, Amsterdam, December 10th, to be read over here.

Enjoy folks. Keep on PROGGIN!!!

Anathema

Old 12-12-2008, 04:04 AM   #566
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Leave MTF but don't leave this thread Karin.

Otherwise, you're betraying the movement.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:27 AM   #567
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Leave MTF but don't leave this thread Karin.

Otherwise, you're betraying the movement.
Nice to hear, Gu.
Won't be leaving, but in Lurker Mode for a while, apart from some threads over here where I still feel at ease.

Well... let's just say, MTF is an ADDICTION. As if I didn't have too many of those already, me being the OCD'ing, ADHD'ing, hot-headed, emotional CONTROL FREAK that I am! F**K, S**T and all other four letter words to follow, here...

For those with an Open Mind concerning PROG - here's the loveliest song I've heard in... years: Steven Wilson's Significant Other

Anathema

Old 12-12-2008, 07:53 AM   #568
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Won't be leaving
Good news

My contribution for today:

jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #569
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
*BUMPIE!*

Just posted my opinions on 'The Good, the Bad & the Ugly' in music of the year 2008 to my journal - here.
Hope you enjoy, and don't hesitate to leave comments if you'd like to do so.
I take it you got that from the good the bad and the queen- great band/album

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses

Last edited by ryan23 : 12-12-2008 at 11:10 AM.
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #570
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

As its nearly christmas 1 thought comes to mind Prog rockers!

Dont get tempted by Wizard or Slade this christmas keep banging out the King Crimson and other great prog acts!

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote